PDA

View Full Version : The worst post I have ever had to make.

Alan
29th May 2008, 16:40
Will be posted here in a few hours guys. It may be my last postings on here.

I am so sorry!

Al.

Piamed
29th May 2008, 16:49
I hope you are ok Al. You have me for one, quite worried!

alicat
29th May 2008, 16:56
same here..i hope everything is ok.

PAT
29th May 2008, 17:27
ALAN ,,SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU MIGHT BE LEAVING HE FORUM
many thanks for your advice in the past ,,you have been very helpful to us
best wishes

KeithD
29th May 2008, 17:40

He's said that before.....usually when MI5 are on his tail........:rolleyes:

jimeve
29th May 2008, 17:42
Hello Alan, sorry you're leaving, hope you're ok,

BEST REGARDS.

JIM

aposhark
29th May 2008, 19:01

I am so sorry!

Al.

It will be a shame not to read your comments again Al.
I was just getting to know your wit :Rasp:
I hope you're ok too :cwm24:

joebloggs
29th May 2008, 21:07
AL if i can help just PM me.

take it easy, things will get better...

gemini63
29th May 2008, 22:14

I am so sorry!

Al.

why???

Mrs.JMajor
30th May 2008, 00:57
:icon_lol::icon_lol: i knew it..... another one of his humor :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i laugh w/ those replies....but if ever its true :bigcry::bigcry: Sir Al we love you:bigcry:

Sconnie
30th May 2008, 07:44
Al !!
Whats the problem can we help, we don't know each other but we are all here to support each other, I really do hope you're OK.

John.

scott&ligaya
30th May 2008, 08:11
ditto to the above, take care

Scott

chino
30th May 2008, 09:17
whats going on????

KeithD
30th May 2008, 09:18
whats going on????

Alan's a lesbian :omg:

KeithD
30th May 2008, 11:09
:Hellooo: Al's fine.........negotiaians for his release are going well.....although they have not said that when they release him his head will still be attached :omg:

kimmi
30th May 2008, 11:48

I am so sorry!

Al.

:omg::omg::omg::omg::Erm::Erm::Erm::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::cwm24::cwm24: do i miss something in here?

Alan
30th May 2008, 12:27
:Hellooo: Al's fine.........negotiaians for his release are going well.....although they have not said that when they release him his head will still be attached :omg:

Thanks mate! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have not been locked up or anything like that.

I am trying to figure a way to tell you all the bad news that has befallen me in the last 24 hours.

Watch this space.

Al.:)

I can still smile.

IainBusby
30th May 2008, 13:36
I hope your not teasing us all again Al, you've got us all really worried now.:yikes:

Iain.

Alan
30th May 2008, 13:51
I hope your not teasing us all again Al, you've got us all really worried now.:yikes:

Iain.

Iain, I wish it was a tease - but it's not.

When I can find the right words, I shall post.

Once again, I apologise to all for my 'mystery.'

One thing I can say at this stage is that Hanna and I are both ok.

Sangoma
30th May 2008, 14:45

Well, at least the two of you are OK, that's the main thing probably.

You have posted, so we assume you have not been locked up (yet)

You must have paid your electricity (or have a big laptop battery)

Maybe you won the Lotto:) Who says it has to be bad news?

Sim11UK
30th May 2008, 16:24
Glad to hear the pair of you are ok!?
I've been worried & wondering all day?

:)

lil John
30th May 2008, 16:47
Alan, inquiring minds want to know???!!! :yikes::omg::Rasp::bigcry::ARsurrender:

lavander
30th May 2008, 18:15

Sir Alan,
Am avid follower of your post and love story and am glad to hear you and ur dear hanna are ok... which i think MATTER MOST!!!...

Don't dwell much on nonsense anxiety....Take it easy boss.... :)

Lavander... free as a bird :D

Peanutz
30th May 2008, 20:16
I hope it is not a life threatening Prof...
It is a relief to know that you and Hannah are ok:)

KeithD
30th May 2008, 20:44
It was a bad line on the phone, but I think Hannah said Al had 'gone to Devon' :Erm:

chino
30th May 2008, 21:27
It was a bad line on the phone, but I think Hannah said Al had 'gone to Devon' :Erm:

:doh:doh:doh:doh:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Piamed
30th May 2008, 22:11

:omg::omg::omg:

aposhark
30th May 2008, 22:36
Alan, inquiring minds want to know???!!! :yikes::omg::Rasp::bigcry::ARsurrender:

Just prior to his "worst post" message, he mentioned that he was worried about their safety as the typhoon was near.....:rolleyes: well, he said they are ok, maybe structural damage to their house or such-like :cwm3:

LEAHnew
31st May 2008, 05:36

:omg: What's happening prof? What mystery is it?:cwm3:
But i'm glad to hear you and Hanna are both ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm monitoring your thread 24/7 now:rolleyes:

Sangoma
31st May 2008, 05:48

That's not unusual for a married couple:)

Alan
31st May 2008, 10:47
OK!

Firstly, let me apologise most sincerely to you all for the 'wording' of the post. I was in shock at the news I received and that, added to almost a bottle of brandy, made my cerebal meanderings somewhat 'sensational.'

Secondly, the responses, good wishes, concerns and EVEN Keith's Pythonesque witticisms have REALLY touched my heart and I (including Hanna) would like to express heartfelt gratitude for that!

Finally, down to it!

When I left the UK I had to sell my small business -

www.alan-kip-didcot.co.uk

- in order to pay a few debts and, of course, to finance my year over here and also to get my bank balance to a healthy state so that I could bring Hanna over to the UK with me.

I sold my business to a teacher who worked for me - he was manager of the Centre in fact - a highly qualified and likeable person with a personable manner. I trusted him wholly.

He did not have enough money to pay for the business outright and so we agreed on a monthly payment basis. All went well until I did not receive April's payment. You think that you know where this is going - but I bet you're wrong!)

I 'phoned him several times - to no avail. A few days ago I 'phoned my centre - number disconnected. Worried!!! I then phoned the Director of UK operations who said that he had been trying to contact me for weeks but didn't have my Phils. number or new email address.

Then he told me -

The teacher to whom I sold my business is in prison - for the worst crime imaginable(school - little children - you know where I'm going here?)

So, the upshot is - I now have no income - no business - the police, of course, instructed that the business be closed - no prospect of getting Hanna to the UK - not even a chance of flying back to the UK - because it costs money!!

There were two reasons for me holding off on this explanation to you all. Firstly, as I mentioned before, the shock of what has occurred - but secondly, and I think, more importantly, when one mentions personal problems that involve finance - it all becomes acutely embarrassing!!

I am actually doing some private tuition over here but, this is the Phils. and would probably take me a thousand years to earn a thousand quid.

So, that's it guys. Oh, and the reason I said that it would probably be my last posting is because (irrationally) I thought that I would no longer be able to afford internet connection.

BTW - if anyone is interested in my chopper - it's now for sale! How's that for an offer? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

God bless you all.

Sangoma
31st May 2008, 11:00
Sorry to hear it, a very difficult situation.

Was this in Oxford?

You need to contact a solicitor, but I imagine that is impossible too.

Talk about a ston3 and a hard place!

I hope things look better as you discover more

Mrs.JMajor
31st May 2008, 11:03
chopper ? how much ?:Erm:

KeithD
31st May 2008, 12:09
chopper ? how much ?:Erm:
He charges by the inch, so it won't cost that much :xxparty-smiley-004:

IainBusby
31st May 2008, 13:40
I'm very sorry to hear that Alan, I suppose now you will have to come back to the UK in the near future to try to sort things out. Bad luck mate!
Iain.

Mrs.JMajor
31st May 2008, 15:50

I'm sorry i didn't realize that chopper in English guys have different meaning :Erm: ...I thought it was chopper flying on the sky :rolleyes:

Sangoma
31st May 2008, 16:37
I'm sorry i didn't realize that chopper in English guys have different meaning :Erm: ...I thought it was chopper flying on the sky :rolleyes:

Or a bike, with or without motor

Mrs.JMajor
31st May 2008, 16:41
Or a bike, with or without motor

huh !! :Erm:

Was thinking whats this then :Erm: by inch :omg:

KeithD
31st May 2008, 16:53
Al likes to sit on his own chopper :action-smiley-081: :omg:

kimmi
31st May 2008, 18:14
OK!

Firstly, let me apologise most sincerely to you all for the 'wording' of the post. I was in shock at the news I received and that, added to almost a bottle of brandy, made my cerebal meanderings somewhat 'sensational.'

Secondly, the responses, good wishes, concerns and EVEN Keith's Pythonesque witticisms have REALLY touched my heart and I (including Hanna) would like to express heartfelt gratitude for that!

Finally, down to it!

When I left the UK I had to sell my small business -

www.alan-kip-didcot.co.uk

- in order to pay a few debts and, of course, to finance my year over here and also to get my bank balance to a healthy state so that I could bring Hanna over to the UK with me.

I sold my business to a teacher who worked for me - he was manager of the Centre in fact - a highly qualified and likeable person with a personable manner. I trusted him wholly.

He did not have enough money to pay for the business outright and so we agreed on a monthly payment basis. All went well until I did not receive April's payment. You think that you know where this is going - but I bet you're wrong!)

I 'phoned him several times - to no avail. A few days ago I 'phoned my centre - number disconnected. Worried!!! I then phoned the Director of UK operations who said that he had been trying to contact me for weeks but didn't have my Phils. number or new email address.

Then he told me -

The teacher to whom I sold my business is in prison - for the worst crime imaginable(school - little children - you know where I'm going here?)

So, the upshot is - I now have no income - no business - the police, of course, instructed that the business be closed - no prospect of getting Hanna to the UK - not even a chance of flying back to the UK - because it costs money!!

There were two reasons for me holding off on this explanation to you all. Firstly, as I mentioned before, the shock of what has occurred - but secondly, and I think, more importantly, when one mentions personal problems that involve finance - it all becomes acutely embarrassing!!

I am actually doing some private tuition over here but, this is the Phils. and would probably take me a thousand years to earn a thousand quid.

So, that's it guys. Oh, and the reason I said that it would probably be my last posting is because (irrationally) I thought that I would no longer be able to afford internet connection.

BTW - if anyone is interested in my chopper - it's now for sale! How's that for an offer? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

God bless you all.

sorry to hear about ur situation Prof Al..I hope and pray that everything will be alright soon..btw,pls tell Hannah I am also walking 3miles now everyday....:Hellooo::Hellooo:

KeithD
31st May 2008, 18:35
.....tell Hannah I am also walking 3miles now everyday....:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Yes but you are supposed to go 1.5 miles out...then 1.5 miles back to the house.....not just keep going 3 miles :doh .......women!!! :NoNo:

kimmi
31st May 2008, 18:45
Yes but you are supposed to go 1.5 miles out...then 1.5 miles back to the house.....not just keep going 3 miles :doh .......women!!! :NoNo:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Sangoma
31st May 2008, 19:01

It's normal for a women to set out say to her friends house 3 miles away, and after 2 miles decide she can't make it, so turns round and walks home.:laugher: (I'm ducking!!!)

andy17
31st May 2008, 19:08
Hi Alan,
So sorry to hear about your difficulties but really happy to hear you and Hannah are in good health. I know things will work out for you both - you have so many good messages of support, lots of "family" contacts on the forum, something is bound to turn up! Keep the faith!!
As for me, I've been travelling a lot recently (currently in China for 3 weeks) and I haven't had much chances to log on and read/contribute to the forum. I know Lavander has really enjoyed reading your witty posts and, as everyone, we will miss your banter if you couldn't keep your internet connection!
Lavander and I have been keeping in touch via SMS and e-mails but travel and the jobs have kinda got in the way of things for both of us... next stop for Lavander is India!
Take care you two, I'll be praying for you both!

On a side note... I may have missed this but, if anyone is thinking of a "support fund" to help Alan and Hannah, I would be more than willing to chip in.

Best Regards everyone.
Andy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
31st May 2008, 19:16
my gf started walking 10 miles a day at the end of the week she was 70 miles away,lol

Piamed
31st May 2008, 19:28
Sorry to hear your news Al. I pray things improve for both you and Hannah very soon! God bless you both.

Sim11UK
1st June 2008, 05:46
Alan, I'm really sorry, to hear your news...Just hope you can pick up the pieces. :)

LEAHnew
1st June 2008, 06:26
:omg: Sorry to hear the news Prof:NoNo::NoNo:
If only your my neighbor, I let u come in here in my shop and use computer for free, just to stay on the forum:bigcry::bigcry:
We'll miss you Prof:xxgrinning--00xx3:
My prayers to you and Hanna.

jencha8569
1st June 2008, 10:19
sorry to hear ur situation Al.
im glad to know though that u and hanna are ok.
hope all will be well on ur side..
God Bless

PAT
1st June 2008, 10:42
ALAN,,It was very sad reading your news ,,we hope and pray that better times are just around the corner and we would be delighted to hear of any improvement there , for hannah and yourself
best wishes

gemini63
1st June 2008, 11:24
im very sorry to hear ur situation al...i feel so sad while reading.thinking ur situation there in ph..in foreign country to you..bt i think ur used to that place already that makes u just ok while there with wifey.hoping u can get out of that current situation of urs now..Its just a matter of HOPE and COURAGE.

telford
1st June 2008, 14:48

thanks God your both ok!!!:)

gingxrick
1st June 2008, 16:22
Hi Alan / Hanna,
Hey Alan whats going on over there with you mate, Have just read your mails, I think you still have my email address so try to email me mate.

I have a few contacts in Cebu also one who is here in UK at the moment and will be returning to Cebu soon.

hope to hear from you soon. take care mate and give hanna our regards. Ricky and Ging

sweet_cookie08
1st June 2008, 16:26
so sorry to hear about your news Prof. Alan.

you and Hanna will now be in my prayers. Just hold on and never give up. Everything will be alright. :)

Peanutz
1st June 2008, 18:25
Reading your post made me sad Prof Alan. It is like a dream which is already at your reach and unexpected event is pulling it slowly away from you...
What is the next move? Any plan B?
I hope things will sort out for you, if I can be of any help please do not hesitate to give me a shout...

friend
1st June 2008, 19:06
Al

I'm more sorry than I can say to hear of your situation. I don't post here often because I'm only here because of my friend and have no first hand knowledge of the Philippines but I read every day and your posts have always been a delight.

I can only imagine how battered and bruised you feel, after such a dreadful shock. :cwm3: The only advice I can offer is, in the immortal words of Corporal Jones, "Don't panic!" and accept every offer of help that comes your way. Never put your hopes in a strait-jacket, and recognise a God-send when it comes.

None of this is your fault, Al and you're not facing it alone. You and Hanna will get through this. :cwm38:
God bless

Friend

flomike
1st June 2008, 19:17
i am not one of your many friends here in the forum but knowing that you and hanna are both well and okay that's a big relief with all your friends here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope you get over it...good luck

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 20:40
Hoping again for your comeback !!!

Pepe n Pilar
2nd June 2008, 12:46
Sorry to hear that Prof Allan. I'm an avid fan of your posts in here and always find it entertaining in so many ways. I hope you and Hanna will get through with this ok very soon. Whatever opportunities that may come your way don't hesitate to give it a try just make sure you're dealing with the right persons. If you're just in Manila i can refer you to some of my friends/relatives who has their own businesses..... Best of luck.

Sconnie
2nd June 2008, 12:53
Alan,
Shocked and deply upset by this, I hope we in the Forum can help you both.

I would also be willing to help if a support fund is set, if Alan is ok with it, is anyone willing to kick this off and manage the fund ?

Peanutz
4th June 2008, 11:29
Prof Alan, have you thought about starting up the same business in Phil?

How much it will cost doing the business you had had in UK in Phil?

Share us your plan B?
There must be a way out of it Prof, and you know better than me, start to narrow down the possibilities and work it, even if it might look as a desperate solution.

An English school is not a bad idea...

acs
4th June 2008, 11:54
i'm also an avid follower of your post prof alan and i'm sorry to hear what had happened. Going to include you and hanna in my prayers.

Alan
4th June 2008, 15:08
I have said this many times before.

I am SO privileged to be a member of this forum. The responses to this post have been absolutely overwhelming! I have only met a handful of you in person but yet I feel that I know you all intimately. Hanna and I have been reading through these posts with tears in our eyes - honestly!!!

We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!

As for the setting up of a fund - once again - God bless the people who have suggested that - obviously - I am going to say 'No.' The worst thing in the world - in my opinion - is to become involved with money between friends. However, the very fact that people have suggested such a thing here - and, indeed, people who do not know Hanna and I from Adam - testifies to the love and supportiveness of the people on here.

Keith - I hope you realise - your site generates money for you from all of your businesses - but!!!! - you have some of the greatest people in the world who post here - they are worth more than a million dollars if you see what I mean.

I need, in order to stay afloat - to earn P30,000 a month. I am currently earning, from my maths and English teaching, P10,000.
So, if anyone wants to help me - if you know of anyone who would like tuition in English, Maths or French up to University Entrance level - give me a shout. I am currently charging P500 per hour.

Once again, many thanks for your good wishes - I really do love you all!!

Al.:):)

Pepe n Pilar
4th June 2008, 16:05
Hi Prof Allan, i hope and pray that everything will be alright for you and Hanna. You may have students in English, Math etc from among the children who are in tutorial lessons studying in exclusive schools as they are the ones who mostly can afford aside from the adults who wants to learn the French language. Best of luck...

friend
4th June 2008, 16:22
Hi Alan, have you heard of this place? http://www.liveperson.com/ you do all your tutoring online and are paid online too. I had a friend who made decent money with it. Apologies if it isn't suitable but seemed worth mentioning.
God Bless

Friend

Pepe n Pilar
4th June 2008, 18:28
Hi Prof Allan, if at present you find it hard to maintain your internet connection then you may not be able to do the tutoring online. My advice is for you to approach parents/friends who have children in those exclusive schools. I've heard students from De la Salle, Ateneo and Brent to mention a few that mostly has tutors on some of their major subjects. Best of luck.

aposhark
4th June 2008, 18:53
.... if you know of anyone who would like tuition in English, Maths or French up to University Entrance level - give me a shout. I am currently charging P500 per hour.

Alan, this may seem like telling your grandmother to suck eggs, but have you been to the Silliman University. There were so many students there, so there must be opportunities. I was there a few times this past February and it was a vibrant town indeed. :)

aposhark
4th June 2008, 19:31
Al, you seem to be in good spirits after a setback which is good news.

Spare a thought for poor old Dom who is presently swinging from a short bungy cord from Grosvenor bridge in Chester, as his black "Nice'n'Easy" has been applied a little bit too far past the hairline and he cannot wipe it off :icon_lol:

joebloggs
4th June 2008, 19:44
Al, you seem to be in good spirits after a setback which is good news.

Spare a thought for poor old Dom who is presently swinging from a short bungy cord from Grosvenor bridge in Chester, as his black "Nice'n'Easy" has been applied a little bit too far past the hairline and he cannot wipe it off :icon_lol:

:doh i could have given him a hand pushing him off the side of the bridge :D, sorry dom wasnt there to help out :cwm24:

andypaul
4th June 2008, 23:54
I have said this many times before.

I am SO privileged to be a member of this forum. The responses to this post have been absolutely overwhelming! I have only met a handful of you in person but yet I feel that I know you all intimately. Hanna and I have been reading through these posts with tears in our eyes - honestly!!!

We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!

As for the setting up of a fund - once again - God bless the people who have suggested that - obviously - I am going to say 'No.' The worst thing in the world - in my opinion - is to become involved with money between friends. However, the very fact that people have suggested such a thing here - and, indeed, people who do not know Hanna and I from Adam - testifies to the love and supportiveness of the people on here.

Keith - I hope you realise - your site generates money for you from all of your businesses - but!!!! - you have some of the greatest people in the world who post here - they are worth more than a million dollars if you see what I mean.

I need, in order to stay afloat - to earn P30,000 a month. I am currently earning, from my maths and English teaching, P10,000.
So, if anyone wants to help me - if you know of anyone who would like tuition in English, Maths or French up to University Entrance level - give me a shout. I am currently charging P500 per hour.

Once again, many thanks for your good wishes - I really do love you all!!

Al.:):)

Sir Al

I hope things take an upturn, its a shame in Laguna in a couple of years i have a whole gang of cousins and what not that need a professional tutor of english.

Some of the couples on here may need an English tutor to help the pinoy or pinay member or a a relative learn English rather than Phill english before coming to these cold shores.

Have you contacted any of the major call centres to see if they need any professional English tutors?

A mate of the Missus is training with one in laguna. It seems to be one of the biggest industries in phill, but the level of teaching in this particular one is not awe inspring im told.

A wee bit busy myself at the mo, but hope things sort themsleves out:xxgrinning--00xx3: for you Sir and I will tune in to see if I can help in anyway as often as possible.