PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait?

Wulfrune
11th June 2006, 16:04
Hi people

I'm Wulfrune from London (Steve) and my partner is Ofelia from San Antonio. We got engaged after being together for 2 years more or less. She had to return home to the Phils a month ago as her visa has expired... So we got all the paper work together and in order, making 100% sure that we enclosed everything and then she sent it off to UKVACS in Manila.... that was a month ago, and we've not heard a peep from them since... we've been on their website, but all it says is "At Embassy", so, anyone have any experience of this? if so ... brighten my day and enlighten me.

Many thanks

Wulfrune style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Eljohno
11th June 2006, 16:21
Hi,

i do not think there are any easy answers to your question as every case that is dealt with is very different.
When we applied the ukvacs was just up and running and it took about 2 weeks for ours to come through but maybe there is just a lot of applications being processed at the moment but do not lose heart

jim2376
12th June 2006, 22:09
My fiancee applied 3 weeks ago and was advised by UKVACS to "follow up" after 15 working day&#39;s, so maybe you can phone for a more detailed update? Worth a try we&#39;ll be doing it this week I&#39;m guessing they won&#39;t know much though, nervous times I&#39;m waiting for a fiancee with dependant visa.... question for anyone, is it looking like the high proportion of postal visas are for spouse rather than fiancee visas?

andypaul
12th June 2006, 22:56
Last year My Wife and I applied around this time for an Interview (system has changed since) and the waiting time had increased from a few weeks to 13 weeks If i recall correctly, somewhere on this forum is a post from me asking why the time had increased so much.

I guess many couples and other Visa applicants apply at this time of the year, so nothing to worry about hopefully.

Wulfrune
13th June 2006, 17:17
omg Ofelia told me today that she called UKVACS and they told her to expect a TWELVE WEEK WAIT &#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif usless muppets

ivor&mel
13th June 2006, 17:24
omg Ofelia told me today that she called UKVACS and they told her to expect a TWELVE WEEK WAIT !!! :bigcry: usless muppets
I thought the whole point of UKVACS was to speed up processing so that the Embassy could clear the backlog of applications? Seems that nothing has really changed: just one more layer of bureaucracy and no increase in efficiency.

Philip
13th June 2006, 19:12
Maybe things have slowed down because more people have seen this site and are well prepared giving the embassy lots of covering letters to read. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Admin
13th June 2006, 22:24
What would you expect this time of year? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif The staff are on holiday till the schools return after summer&#33;&#33;

Wulfrune
14th June 2006, 02:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 13 2006, 10&#58;24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What would you expect this time of year? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif The staff are on holiday till the schools return after summer&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

WHAT WOULD I EXPECT? I would expect for one thing that you&#39;d NOT talk to a person like they&#39;re 3 years old you smug know it all fool.

All of your other members treated my situation with sympathy and understanding, I&#39;ll go elsewhere for my information in future. Stick your site up your ****

ginapeterb
14th June 2006, 08:38
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wulfrune &#064; Jun 14 2006, 02&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WHAT WOULD I EXPECT? I would expect for one thing that you&#39;d NOT talk to a person like they&#39;re 3 years old you smug know it all fool.

All of your other members treated my situation with sympathy and understanding, I&#39;ll go elsewhere for my information in future. Stick your site up your ****
[/b][/quote]

Another satisfied customer with our customer services department &#33;&#33;&#33;

Admin
14th June 2006, 09:09
What a pillock style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

They obviously puts those labelled &#39;NO HUMOUR&#39; at the bottom of the pile style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

It was actually a SERIOUS comment, ya muppet, the staff DO GO ON HOLIDAY this time of year...it is SUMMER&#33;&#33; They will also want to RETURN HOME while there KIDS ARE OFF SCHOOL....ya dumb animal&#33;&#33; The embassy DO NOT replace the staff on leave.

Hi Pete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif

Philip
14th June 2006, 13:40
I wonder if he&#39;s feeling guilty now like I did when I had a go at Pete. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hammer.gif

ginapeterb
14th June 2006, 15:19
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manila bound &#064; Jun 14 2006, 01&#58;40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wonder if he&#39;s feeling guilty now like I did when I had a go at Pete. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hammer.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hi Keith style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif ooooops looks like not all customers go away happy with our comments, well you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all people all of the time, and its ok Manilabound, we can take it, just keep em coming.....we tell it as it is hahahaha, nice to see I&#39;m not the only one who gives out the **** when it is needed....

Admin
14th June 2006, 15:43
Makes you wonder what some people expect for FREE&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

fontain
14th June 2006, 16:32
Fair play chaps, people need to lighten up.
Sometimes laughter is the only cure for the blues...

Must be a jock style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Anne
14th June 2006, 22:55
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wulfrune &#064; Jun 11 2006, 04&#58;04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi people

I&#39;m Wulfrune from London (Steve) and my partner is Ofelia from San Antonio. We got engaged after being together for 2 years more or less. She had to return home to the Phils a month ago as her visa has expired... So we got all the paper work together and in order, making 100% sure that we enclosed everything and then she sent it off to UKVACS in Manila.... that was a month ago, and we&#39;ve not heard a peep from them since... we&#39;ve been on their website, but all it says is "At Embassy", so, anyone have any experience of this? if so ... brighten my day and enlighten me.

Many thanks

Wulfrune style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif
[/b][/quote]

Average Turn Around Time

British Embassy aim to make an initial assessment within 2 working days of it arriving at the Embassy. Our office will be able to advise you of the likely time lapse between collecting your papers from you and lodging them at the Embassy. If no interview is required the whole process should take 4 working days; if you are applying from outside Metro Manila, these times may vary and may take up to 6 working days.

If you are called for an interview, the British Embassy aims to be able to provide appointments in the next 15 working days. Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times - when we cannot reach these standards with all applications. Please help us to continue to provide you with the best possible service by allowing sufficient time for your application to be processed. We recommend that you allow at least a month (for non-settlement) and 3 months (for settlement).

Hope this help.

Admin
14th June 2006, 23:30
Not sure he&#39;ll be reading that Anne.....as the site is now up my style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butthead.gif As per his request style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/action-smiley-075.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugher.gif