PDA

View Full Version : child's documents

melmart
27th May 2008, 18:54
im hoping to get my son by late of this year and im sure not sure about his papers to provide whether i myself as the mother who has to sign his papers since his only 6 or will it be ok if my mom can sign in behalf of me since im here in england so im really unsure about how things will work out...only about the signature im really concern about...

joebloggs
27th May 2008, 19:22
...only about the signature im really concern about...

:D

what type of visa do you have ???

what about the rest of your evidence :Erm:

it must be signed by the parent or legal guardian

so if i was you, i would fill the form in, sign it and courier it to your mom with all your supporting evidence ..

Mrs.JMajor
28th May 2008, 07:47
Can i follow up question joe ? pretend she is 2 yrs in UK already and applying for ILR...can she ? get his son....

joebloggs
28th May 2008, 09:47
she could have applied for a visa to bring her son here anytime, wether she would have got the visa, depends on her evidence.

many visa apps for a child are straight forward, but for some it's not just a matter of filling in a visa form, like any visa, it depends on, do you have finances to support them, do you have accommodation for the child, and most important, do you have sole responsibility for the child

i brought my stepson here to the uk just b4 he was 18 :D, not a good idea, i applied for ILR for my wife and stepson. which both of them got. now hes gone back to uni in the phils.. :doh, but he will be back in less than 2yrs so his ILR doesn't expire.:D

but i've heard of cases, where children of 6 and 8yrs have been interviewed without a family adult present, this should'nt have happened, but it does..

my stepson who was 17 at the time got called in for an interview, they asked him about his father. but interviewing kids :cwm23: on their own.

Mrs.JMajor
28th May 2008, 12:50
thank you so much joe :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

melmart
1st June 2008, 15:08
well ill be applying for my ILR by november of this year and im hoping to let my son be here by sept. or oct. time. i think joebloggs idea of filling the form in and sending it to the phils is probably the best thing to do.i came here as fiancee vis last 2006 of aug. so my status now is limited leave but soon to apply for that indefinite by the end of this year.....

joebloggs
1st June 2008, 15:18
get your son here b4 you apply for ILR, so he can apply as a dependant of you and save some money.

well you will have to apply for a settlement visa for him soon, by the time you get all your evidence ready and the wait for an answer it could be a couple of months..

good luck with his visa app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melmart
1st June 2008, 21:10
thanks joebloggs hopefully i can apply for his visa soon but its really expensive for his visa and i just quit my job and now looking for one and we're also having this extension in our house that will start soon so maybe by aug. ill apply his visa...its just really a struggle for us financially as of the moment! planning to let him come here when the extension is done hopefully!!!!!

joebloggs
1st June 2008, 21:42
for some it's not just a money problem, the longer you leave it, the more difficult it could be..

like how long is it since he's lived with you, 2 years + ?

who's looking after him ? and paying for his up keep?

is your husband british ?

is your husband the father of the child or is it a step child ?

if so has the child any contact with his bio father ? and is the father named on the birth cert ?

most cases are pretty straight forward thou, if you prepare your app and have good evidence ..

melmart
3rd June 2008, 17:04
well he's actually a legitimate child so his father is not recognized at all even in his birth certificate.my parents are the one who's looking after him since i left coming here and yes i do send money every month for his needs.my husband is british and he is very willing to let him come here obviously coz im his mother and he wants me to be happy.he hasnt ever seen his bio father coz when i got pregnant we didnt see eacn other anymore!hopefully he can be able to be with me soon and no problems about the documents....

joebloggs
3rd June 2008, 17:12
well thats good news about his birth cert and father, that makes it a bit easier :xxgrinning--00xx3:

have you got receipts for the money you send ? its good evidence to show you still support him.

like any visa, if you have accommodation for him, and can support him without 'recourse to public funds' you shouldn't have a problem with his visa app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just make sure you include all the evidence you can :D