PDA

View Full Version : Ecuador

Admin
10th June 2006, 08:57
Great game, and one of the 'shocks' of the World Cup already.

I just backed the game for 1.5 goals or more, so I&#39;m a happy bunny style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Ecuador showed a brilliant defence, and it will be difficult, apart from the great teams, to break down. Although when they do the goalie doesn&#39;t look great.

Not sure why Ecuador were the underdogs, they have altitude training daily, and Poland aren&#39;t strong......even England struggled with them....looks good form for our boys then style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

ivor&mel
10th June 2006, 09:26
Had two good matches so far. Germany were impressive, albeit against unenthusiastic opposition, but they&#39;ll get found out later. Great result for Ecuador. I think they were underdogs precisely because they weren&#39;t playing at altitude: didn&#39;t they qualify on the strength of their home performances at altitude?

And how do you get 1.5 goals in a game?&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Hope you all enjoy the match this afternoon. I&#39;m getting married in an hour and a half, so I&#39;d better focus on that for the rest of the day style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Admin
10th June 2006, 12:07
It&#39;s gambling speak for, more than or equal to 2, but +1.5 is more accurate and quicker style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

It&#39;s just strange that boxers, and athletes do altitude training to get fitter? Ecuador showed no signs of &#39;dying&#39; in the latter half.

England beaten by Belarus.....struggled with POLAND.....form doesn&#39;t look promising......

For the gamblers amongst us, here are my footy Pro-Bets for today;

<span style="color:#3366FF">England v Paraguay - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.45</span>
England will be gagging for a good start, but Paraguay are prone to scoring as well.

<span style="color:#3366FF">Tobago v Sweden - Under 3.5 goals @ 1.47</span>
Sweden are likely to win, but then Tobago qualified just the same, and have put in some good performances in the last year. Sweden aren&#39;t the best goalscorers around.

<span style="color:#3366FF">Argentina v Ivory Coast - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.43</span>
Both these teams let in goals, and Ivory Coast are not as weak as the competition odds make out.

100% so far.

ivor&mel
11th June 2006, 08:47
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>It&#39;s gambling speak for, more than or equal to 2, but +1.5 is more accurate and quicker style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]That&#39;s another language I have to learn then style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>It&#39;s just strange that boxers, and athletes do altitude training to get fitter? Ecuador showed no signs of &#39;dying&#39; in the latter half.
[/b][/quote]In qualifying, I seem to remember that Ecuador played great at home, but poor away. And doesn&#39;t the same apply to Mexico? They never set the world on fire in the WC except when it was held in Mexico? Anyway, maybe Poland trained underground in the mines style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#3366FF">England v Paraguay - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.45</span>
England will be gagging for a good start, but Paraguay are prone to scoring as well.
[/b][/quote]All of England is still gagging... but Paraguay did score style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#3366FF">Tobago v Sweden - Under 3.5 goals @ 1.47</span>
Sweden are likely to win, but then Tobago qualified just the same, and have put in some good performances in the last year. Sweden aren&#39;t the best goalscorers around.
[/b][/quote]Yep.. well under&#33; (Oh... isn&#39;t hindsight a wonderful weapon style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#3366FF">Argentina v Ivory Coast - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.43</span>
Both these teams let in goals, and Ivory Coast are not as weak as the competition odds make out.
100% so far.
[/b][/quote]Another success style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Great performance from IC. Even Mel got excited during this one style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif Maybe she fancies Drogba style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif

Admin
11th June 2006, 08:56
Was made up fro Tobago, and made the Swedes look worse than England.