PDA

View Full Version : Engagement & Wedding rings in Cebu City?

aposhark
24th May 2008, 12:13
Hi :)

Can anyone give me hints on where to buy an engagement & both wedding rings in Cebu City?

I am assuming engagement rings are used in Phils as other countries?

islander
24th May 2008, 12:41
hi aposhark!

my hubby bought the engagement ring that he gave to me at oro china, a jewelry shop found at sm & ayala. while, we ordered our wedding rings at suarez wedding rings, they have a wide variety of rings to choose from. you can visit their website if you want to look for samples :
http://www.suarezweddingrings.com/

marylen
24th May 2008, 14:15
try to visit at any jewelry shop in SM city, just don't focus on one so you can compare their prices with their own set of styles and design. we've purchased one there too. i forgot the name of the shop but it do cost 14k for 2.

Eljohno
24th May 2008, 14:22
Only those that can afford engagement rings actually buy them but being a rich white guy like we all are(haha) then yes get one.

I bought mine in wifes city which was much cheaper than Cebu.

flomike
25th May 2008, 12:36
I always telling my husband that he's so lucky i am not into jewellries as most women does!!!! I don't even wear a watch since a cellphone has everything. He bought me an engagement ring in the Phils when we first met:cwm38: which I am not happy about bec I don't like wearing one it just waste of money but he insisted that its the sign of our love and commitment etc.. though the best part of it is when he gave it to me and put it in my finger he said to me " will you marry me" well that's the best part of course.

When we finally got married we bought a wedding ring the cheapest you can have in the Phils. bec same as me my hubby don't like jewelries as well. As far as I remember we get this silver wedding ring (he doesn't like gold) for Php 3500/pair it so thin. He said to me my engagement ring cost him arms and legs:yikes:

After a few years of marriage our wedding ring had it best:NoNo: it cost him morethan he paid for it in the Phils to repair it here in UK and for the second time it needs repair again and that's it he has to say good bye on it ( he feels bad though ) but repairing it will just cost him much. Mine I can't wear it as well coz I put on a few pounds:bigcry: (too much cadburry's :cwm12:) my engagement ring still okay but I only use it from time to time. So, right now we're not wearing rings.

So those whose planning to buy rings if you want your wedding ring last and you think ring is a symbol of love etcc you should invest on it.

cinmickey28
25th May 2008, 12:45
Have a look at ORO CHINA in Ayala Center. They have also a wide selection of wedding/engagement rings. Just approached sales ladies as they have more rings not the display.

A_flyer
25th May 2008, 13:51
Look in SM Cebu or Ayala Center, you have a lot of jewelry choice there.

For us, we preferred M. Lhuillier Jewellers (SM Cebu) because it's italian style jewelry we found their nicer than the chineese gold you can find in other shops (like Oro China).

aposhark
25th May 2008, 14:23
Thank you all so much for your replies. :)
It certainly gives me ideas for when I meet my Mahal again :)

flomike, I hope my future wife is like you.
I have a feeling she is, she doesn't like wasting money especially as we hope to have children.
It seems to me that planning for a family changes the whole perspective on spending irresponsibly. :rolleyes::cwm34::cwm34::rolleyes:

joebloggs
25th May 2008, 15:40
you might be better off getting a ring in the uk that fits you, if you've got big hands :icon_lol: like me, they might have nothing to fit you :yikes: and even if they can resize it, you might have to wait days :NoNo:

something that happened to me when i bought our wedding rings in the phils :doh

aposhark
25th May 2008, 17:08
Thanks joebloggs :) I'll keep that in mind.

skysky
27th May 2008, 16:04
Just be sure to ask for a discount, most shops will be happy to oblige, i got discount on islanders engagment ring, i told them i was pobre

chino
27th May 2008, 22:28
i am getting my aswa ko's from SM... mine maybe argos lol