PDA

View Full Version : South London Barrio Fiesta 2006

ginapeterb
5th June 2006, 21:10
<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">South London Barrio Fiesta, Morden Surrey </span>

Just to let anyone who is interested know, the Barrio Fiesta sa South London is this weekend, in Morden Surrey, I will have the details later this week around Thursday.

There should be 25,000 Filipinos coming, and some celebrities from Manila, this is not the main Barrio Fiesta in July, this is another one which has become popular.

I am looking to meet up with any on the forum, perhaps a photo can be taken, if anyone is coming, I will be there with Gina and William and Leah on Saturday afternoon another Filipino Brit couple.

Pete

ivor&mel
5th June 2006, 21:26
Don&#39;t think Mel and I can make it: we have an appointment at the Registry Office on Saturday style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

walesrob
5th June 2006, 22:00
Um, Elsa and I will be in sunny Spain, maybe next year eh, Pete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Shamrockdave2003
6th June 2006, 19:31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Jun 5 2006, 10&#58;00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Um, Elsa and I will be in sunny Spain, maybe next year eh, Pete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hi,

WheraboutS in Morden?

I live in Croydon just down the road.However i am working Sat is it on all weekend?

Cheers

SD

Admin
6th June 2006, 19:34
Exact dates.....need to check race meetings, and then see what our niece in Dartford is doing at the time as we need a free bed style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif ....also depends on my health style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

ervenescence
7th June 2006, 09:46
Shame I couldn&#39;t make it, I already booked a horse-riding and boating holiday in July and apart from that im getting skint style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Nevermind, surely it happens every year. So better luck next time.

Admin
7th June 2006, 10:36
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; Jun 7 2006, 09&#58;46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...... apart from that im getting skint style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif
[/b][/quote]
With your good looks you could make a few bob on the Dock Road in Liverpool style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

ginapeterb
7th June 2006, 19:59
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 7 2006, 10&#58;36 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
With your good looks you could make a few bob on the Dock Road in Liverpool style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif
[/b][/quote]

The exact date is this weekend, the 10th June 2006, there should be up to 25,000 Pinoys around, and a Filipino movie actor is coming called Jericho Rosales, the details are on my website, anywhere its in Morden Park, Epsom road, Morden Surrey SM4, anyway, its up to you lot, if you want to go, I am going, and we have a barby there including live music.

Anyone who knows me, give me a look if you are there.

Pete

ginapeterb
10th June 2006, 10:18
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Jun 7 2006, 07&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The exact date is this weekend, the 10th June 2006, there should be up to 25,000 Pinoys around, and a Filipino movie actor is coming called Jericho Rosales, the details are on my website, anywhere its in Morden Park, Epsom road, Morden Surrey SM4, anyway, its up to you lot, if you want to go, I am going, and we have a barby there including live music.

Anyone who knows me, give me a look if you are there.
Pete
[/b][/quote]

Well we are on our way down to Morden Park this morning, but we are all showing up at a Filipino couples house in South West London for a Barebecue and Rice, and some cold cans of Fosters to watch the big match, then its off to the Barrio Fiesta later, wishing everyone a good weekend, and lets hope there are plenty of goals today.

Pete

ervenescence
10th June 2006, 10:47
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Jun 10 2006, 10&#58;18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Barebecue and Rice[/b][/quote]

Barbecue and rice, so perfect together style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Admin
10th June 2006, 12:07
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; Jun 10 2006, 10&#58;47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Barbecue and rice, so perfect together style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif
[/b][/quote]

Doesn&#39;t the rice fall through the grid onto the charcoal? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

ervenescence
10th June 2006, 15:34
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 10 2006, 12&#58;07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doesn&#39;t the rice fall through the grid onto the charcoal? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif
[/b][/quote]

Nope, how come the rice fall if I put the charcoal into the rice cooker instead?
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Admin
10th June 2006, 21:58
Got ya....and then you put the rice cooker in the micro wave....why didn&#39;t I think of that style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif

ginapeterb
11th June 2006, 10:11
Well we all made it back last night, with the usual complimentary hangover Filipino style, Thanks for the Bells Whiskey Eric/Ver/Ray ? and thanks to Dave for bringing the Carlsbeg, we started off at around 1pm, at Elaine&#39;s house in Morden, and the weather was superb, Elaine and freinds had set up the barbecue, and the Pork and Sausages were coming thick and fast.

Then the Dustbin doubled as the cooler box for the beer, the Filipino way of cooling the beers is simple, get a dustbin, clean it out, fill it with a hosepipe, and then throw 10 ton of ice in it, that seemed to do the trick, and the beers were fairly cold for most of the day.

The salads and rice were superb, and the couscous, lots of the Filipinas pitched in and made various dishes, the Football started at around 2pm, and we all rushed in to see what was happening, and we all know how that went, a fairly dismal game but the result was welcome.

At around 4pm we all shot down the road to the Barrio Fiesta, boy it was hot at a scorching 30 degrees or 86 F, when we arrived the day was fairly over, however we were treated to a performance on Stage by Jericho Rosales, Filipino heart throb, and we went around looking at various stalls, the usual suspects were there, Housing developers, Remittance services, Food, and Filipino shops.

We all left after about 6pm, after all the girls had their Halo Halo, as the photographs show, and back to Elaines house for another round of Bells Whiskey and Cokes, finishing at about 11pm last night, what a night to remember, their is also another Barrio Fiesta in Milton Keynes planned for August 13th I think, details to follow, it is the largest one outside London.

mrsfrivolity
11th June 2006, 11:04
Pete, If we had not been in the pub still we would have been there. Looking forward to seeing you at the Barrio Fiesta, if you&#39;re going to be there, that is&#33;

btw, we finish here today style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif

fred
18th June 2006, 08:22
Just noted this on the UK Fiesta site..Its a shame if its not on because have been going for the last couple of years and had a really good few days out there.

Milton Keynes Festival 2006

FIESTA UK will not be organising a Milton Keynes festival this year as it has become too expensive to organise for the return that the Charity was gaining. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

http://www.fiestauk.homestead.com/FestivalInformation.html

mrsfrivolity
19th June 2006, 14:13
Hi Fred, I heard about that when we were at the MK festival last year. Shame too as I thought the MK one was miles better than the Hounslow Barrio Fiesta.

krizziei
22nd July 2006, 22:13
sayang I missed this, but maybe next year:doh :cwm34:

pureflipgal
5th May 2007, 14:37
hallo po mga people!.. hehehe.. tanong ko lang.. may barrio fiesta ba this year?.. 2007.. gusto ko sana pumunta eh.. hihihi.. and kung meron po.. ano pong exact dates?.. saturday and sunday po un diba?.. nyway.. sana may magreply dito.. lol.. kasi gusto ko po talaga pumunta eh.. ge po!.. ingatz na lang mga peepz.. bai bai ^.^..

russ01539
5th May 2007, 17:26
erm, in english too please. dibah !

LadyJ
5th May 2007, 19:22
erm, in english too please. dibah !

hallo po mga people!.. hehehe.. tanong ko lang.. may barrio fiesta ba this year?.. 2007.. gusto ko sana pumunta eh.. hihihi.. and kung meron po.. ano pong exact dates?.. saturday and sunday po un diba?.. nyway.. sana may magreply dito.. lol.. kasi gusto ko po talaga pumunta eh.. ge po!.. ingatz na lang mga peepz.. bai bai

there you go russ as you requested! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

pureflipgal
7th May 2007, 18:19
wahahaha.. u copied and pasted my message.. lol..

wz u requestin it to be english or sumin?.. aight.. ill translate it all.. dunno if thats what u wz askin..

here we go then.. *sigh*..

hey people!.. hehehe.. just wanted to ask.. is there a barrio fiesta this year?.. 2007.. coz i wanna go.. hihihi.. and if there is.. what are the exact dates?.. its on saturday and sunday isnt it?.. nyway.. hope someone's replies.. lol.. coz i really wanna go.. ayt!.. take care people.. bye!..

hahhaa.. dunno if my translation waz right.. there were probly some grammar mistakes or sumin.. but yea..

hmm.. take care russ!.. lolx.. bai! ^.^..

andypaul
7th May 2007, 18:44
The Hounslow fiesta is on july 14th and 15th which is a saturday and sunday.

pennybarry
11th May 2007, 16:30
I wish we can, but I work during weekends. I'm just newlyhired so I need to choose career :). Will try next year :(

kentish
1st June 2007, 14:47
Hello ladies, sinong punta sa barrio fiesta? hope to be there saturday with hubby and our toddler. Sana kita kits tayo...

Kuya Allen
10th June 2007, 20:56
The South London Barrio Fiesta is in Morden Park on the 23rd & 24th June 2007, nearest tube Morden on the Northern Line, ample car parking available.
UNISON the Public Sector Trade UNION will have a stall at the Fiesta.

Come and introduce yourself to me.

Kuya Allen