PDA

View Full Version : First argument and source of friction in the UK!

Piamed
21st May 2008, 08:43
Pia and I met online on 30th August 2005. things progressed rapidly and swimmingly for a couple of months until I made a foolish decision which resulted in us not communicating for several months. It was not a fall-out at all just a foolish decision on my part.

Anyway, eventually He intervened and we met in person August 2006 and have never looked back.

The surprising thing is that Pia and i have never once had an argument or cross word with each other or a disagreement. the most we have had were the following three things:

I told her I could not pursue our relationship for reasons I was too weak to contest
I was insecure and lied about something I could easily have told her

Anyway, I soon cracked under the weight of the first decision and the way she handled the second left me in awe and confirmed her status as a biblical woman who can change her husband's heart through her conduct and not angry words.

We will fight at some point, its inevitable and we wonder what it is likely to be over the first time...money, kids, family remittances. The way we handle that initial fight will be a key determinant of how we will handle things in the future I guess.

The question
What were your first arguments/disagreements about when you were apart and what is the primary cause of friction now that you are living together in the UK? The TV remote control?

aposhark
21st May 2008, 08:47
So, maybe it should be "Her time is always the right time!" :rolleyes:

Piamed
21st May 2008, 08:53
So, maybe it should be "Her time is always the right time!" :rolleyes:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Or sup to me, sup to you, as someone previously posted!

KeithD
21st May 2008, 09:15
The question
What were your first arguments/disagreements about when you were apart and what is the primary cause of friction now that you are living together in the UK?

I'm never serious long enough to argue! :Cuckoo:

aromulus
21st May 2008, 09:22
No arguments, only a couple of misunderstandings, which resulted in a bit of Tampo.:omg:
But that was soon sorted.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
21st May 2008, 09:22
Somehow, I don't find that too hard to believe boss! :D:D

I think also, that I just don't see the need and hate arguing. Pia too!

scott&ligaya
21st May 2008, 10:35
Hardly ever argue, how can you argue with someone who just goes quiet? seriously the only friction we have had either in Hong Kong, Palawan or more recently here in the UK is when I suggest doing something, going somewhere etc and nothing is said in support or against so we go ahead. A few days/weeks/months later the subject will come up and Ligaya will say she did not really enjoy the event and was not really fussed in the first place or whatever and when asked why she did not say at the time she will say well you seemed to want to go and I want you to be happy, nice but half the time I arranged the outing FOR HER!!. I always encourage her to make her opinions known but often she does not, this may because she was a girl at home on the farm with four brothers or becasue she worked for several EMPLOYERS in Hong Kong and Singapore where the last thing she would be asked for was her opinion. She is becoming slowly more forthright and I love it. She is very intelligent and has tons of common sense. I VALUE her opinion and I think marriage works best as a true partnership.

Piamed
21st May 2008, 10:44
Hardly ever argue, how can you argue with someone who just goes quiet? seriously the only friction we have had either in Hong Kong, Palawan or more recently here in the UK is when I suggest doing something, going somewhere etc and nothing is said in support or against so we go ahead. A few days/weeks/months later the subject will come up and Ligaya will say she did not really enjoy the event and was not really fussed in the first place or whatever and when asked why she did not say at the time she will say well you seemed to want to go and I want you to be happy, nice but half the time I arranged the outing FOR HER!!. I always encourage her to make her opinions known but often she does not, this may because she was a girl at home on the farm with four brothers or becasue she worked for several EMPLOYERS in Hong Kong and Singapore where the last thing she would be asked for was her opinion. She is becoming slowly more forthright and I love it. She is very intelligent and has tons of common sense. I VALUE her opinion and I think marriage works best as a true partnership.

Great reply. Ligaya sounds really loving and sweet. I know what you mean. I think it was joebloggs that posted the 'Sup to you, Sup to me' thread. Not sure if you've seen it. Pia and I are always teasing each other about it. When I sometimes ask her things she says 'Sup to you but when I'm there, sup to me, so good luck'. :icon_lol:

Like you, I also value my wife's accommodating, caring and tolerant nature but I also love and respect her smartness and do consider her opinion and view on all things (except the red sofa and red car honey :NoNo: ain't happnin'). As far as i'm concerned cars only come in 2 colours, black and silver! :D

scott&ligaya
21st May 2008, 10:44
sorry in answer to the first bit of your question our first arguement was over which exit in Central was the most conveniant for the Mandarin Oriental when it was rainingl!!................ she was right and I got wet she did not and was very smug.

Piamed
21st May 2008, 10:47
sorry in answer to the first bit of your question our first arguement was over which exit in Central was the most conveniant for the Mandarin Oriental when it was rainingl!!................ she was right and I got wet she did not and was very smug.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I suspect Pia would have been right too!

ginapeterb
21st May 2008, 11:39
We never argue, she just calls me Bobo, or Gago, at the end of every phrase, or at the end of every phrase, she tells me to Shat up ! Bobo !

We always argue over her remittances to her siblings, school fees for neices, Mama's broken roof, the vet bill for the family carabou, the tyres for her brothers motor cycle, the monthly sack of Thai fragrant rice, the frequent urgent life threatening requests, Hospital bills for the Lola,

And a partridge in a pear tree !.

Mabuhay !"

Piamed
21st May 2008, 11:46
We never argue, she just calls me Bobo, or Gago, at the end of every phrase, or at the end of every phrase, she tells me to Shat up ! Bobo !

LOL, I love that, 'shat up!'. How Freudian too. :icon_lol:

We always argue over her remittances to her siblings, school fees for neices, Mama's broken roof, the vet bill for the family carabou, the tyres for her brothers motor cycle, the monthly sack of Thai fragrant rice, the frequent urgent life threatening requests, Hospital bills for the Lola,

Mabuhay !" Thanks for this Pete! I imagine Pia and I have this to come but will work it out as everyone else seems to.:)

Piamed
21st May 2008, 11:48
No arguments, only a couple of misunderstandings, which resulted in a bit of Tampo.:omg:
But that was soon sorted.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's the beauty of love and maturity combined with a unified commitment to your marriage! Not sure why your post has only just appeared, God bless you both!

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:16

Mabuhay !"

:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh

anyways, my hubby and I so far never argue..maybe because he's used to my sulking and pouting moment...he he he

Piamed
21st May 2008, 12:17
:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh:doh

anyways, my hubby and I so far never argue..maybe because he's used to my sulking and pouting moment...he he he

I'm sure he loves even that about you! :xxgrinning--00xx3::):)

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:18
are u used to it now, Kuya Toks?

aposhark
21st May 2008, 12:21
Pete, please enlighten me as to the meaning of these endearments: :icon_lol:

Bobo =

Gago =

Mabuhay! =

Salamat, aposhark :)

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:24
[QUOTE=aposhark;67432]Pete, please enlighten me as to the meaning of these endearments: :icon_lol:

Bobo = Illiterate

Gago = kind of swear word

Mabuhay! = More Power

Hope it helps..:)

Piamed
21st May 2008, 12:25
are u used to it now, Kuya Toks?

Not had it yet but I'm sure I will love it so long as she is not unhappy for too long. making up will be great! :)

Piamed
21st May 2008, 12:26
[QUOTE=aposhark;67432]Pete, please enlighten me as to the meaning of these endearments: :icon_lol:

Bobo = Illiterate

Gago = kind of swear word

Mabuhay! = More Power

Hope it helps..:)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Ignorance can sometimes be bliss di ba!

Piamed
21st May 2008, 12:28
Pete, please enlighten me as to the meaning of these endearments: :icon_lol:

Bobo =

Gago =

Mabuhay! =

Salamat, aposhark :)

Shat = past tense of going for a number 2 but not intended in that use! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:29
thanks for helping translating it Kuya Toks in a nice way..he he he

Piamed
21st May 2008, 12:35
thanks for helping translating it Kuya Toks in a nice way..he he he

Walang anuman amiga (rough translation: you are welcome).

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:36
Walang anuman amiga (rough translation: you are welcome).

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

and how about the translation of amiga??he he he

and btw, Ive noticed u keep on changing ur pics huh..:):Rasp:

kentish
21st May 2008, 14:25
The question
What were your first arguments/disagreements about when you were apart and what is the primary cause of friction now that you are living together in the UK? The TV remote control?[/quote]

When hubby is seated at the passenger seat teaching me to drive, he critisize most of the way I drive, he is worst than a grumpy driving examiner.

So I said sod off, I prefer my ADI, he just have to pay £22.00 per hour lesson.

aposhark
21st May 2008, 14:34
We never argue, she just calls me Bobo, or Gago, at the end of every phrase, or at the end of every phrase, she tells me to Shat up ! Bobo ! [/B]

The more I read this, the more it creases me up.
I think because those words are heading my way http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/aposhark/muttley.gif

joebloggs
21st May 2008, 14:43
to argue i would have to speak to her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we never argue, i've had a couple of things thrown at me, not bad for nearly 8yrs, but not been hit once yet :D

KeithD
21st May 2008, 15:19
..... i've had a couple of things thrown at me, not bad for nearly 8yrs, but not been hit once yet :D

More of a miracle considering the size of your head :action-smiley-081:

bornatbirth
21st May 2008, 15:26
my gf is like a ticking time bomb and im only the one playing,instead of being in a quiet sulk its only a matter of time before she explodes and tells me what she thinks(which strangly is what i prefer,than keeping quiet).

as lovely as she is,i have to admit for the first time in my life im under the thumb everytime we argue,as its me who always saying sorry!

you havent had a arguement yet? i wouldnt like to say the amount of times we argue on yahoo,this is over such nonsense i cant even remember what started any of them,at least my gf as the spirit to speak up and tell me how she feeling but i think really she just cant control her anger lol.

keithAngel
21st May 2008, 16:49
my gf is like a ticking time bomb and im only the one playing,instead of being in a quiet sulk its only a matter of time before she explodes and tells me what she thinks(which strangly is what i prefer,than keeping quiet).

as lovely as she is,i have to admit for the first time in my life im under the thumb everytime we argue,as its me who always saying sorry!

you havent had a arguement yet? i wouldnt like to say the amount of times we argue on yahoo,this is over such nonsense i cant even remember what started any of them,at least my gf as the spirit to speak up and tell me how she feeling but i think really she just cant control her anger lol.

I am always supprised by my girls regular blowups but there is now a pattern developing conected to her period so its making me anticipate and be prepared to be extra patient at the build up to the full moon

marylen
21st May 2008, 16:54
yea keithangel that is absolutely true, it connects with...(?) need a lil extra patient until its gone..

We never can control those....that is mostly what happen in general..

aposhark
21st May 2008, 17:08
Lunatics.

But we love them :cwm38::cwm38:

bornatbirth
21st May 2008, 17:12
so im not the only one lol

there are days i can joke with her and she thinks its funny but the next day boy do i get IT! lol
the first sign of a little anger management problem i quickly change the sudject...

keithAngel
21st May 2008, 17:33
so im not the only one lol

there are days i can joke with her and she thinks its funny but the next day boy do i get IT! lol
the first sign of a little anger management problem i quickly change the sudject...

I find that more difficult if I haven't realised whats happening, I'm a Sagiterrian and have a tendency to say what ever comes in my head without worrying about any consequences.

Plus anger management is everyone's responsibility I told my girl she needs someone emotionally brave and she agreed.

Eljohno
21st May 2008, 17:55
I think the fact that Filipino women do not get things out in the open can lead to more problems down the road but i know its a cultural thing.

Rhea an me have never had a a shouting match but some slight disagreement when it comes to our wonderful daughter Chloe ie she is nearly 14 months and sleeping in our bed hench i have not had much sleep for a year lol

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:45
:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

and how about the translation of amiga??he he he

and btw, Ive noticed u keep on changing ur pics huh..:):Rasp:

I thought you would notice that as you were online at the time. I was playing with my avatar and pics, then went back to the muscle animation :D

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:46
The question
What were your first arguments/disagreements about when you were apart and what is the primary cause of friction now that you are living together in the UK? The TV remote control?

When hubby is seated at the passenger seat teaching me to drive, he critisize most of the way I drive, he is worst than a grumpy driving examiner.

So I said sod off, I prefer my ADI, he just have to pay £22.00 per hour lesson.[/QUOTE]

Hubbys are generally not good teachers of their wives I guess..:)

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:47
The more I read this, the more it creases me up.
I think because those words are heading my way http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/aposhark/muttley.gif

Ditto!

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:47
to argue i would have to speak to her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we never argue, i've had a couple of things thrown at me, not bad for nearly 8yrs, but not been hit once yet :D

:icon_lol:

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:49

LOL!!! I think most disagreements are forgettable affairs!

Piamed
21st May 2008, 20:50
I am always supprised by my girls regular blowups but there is now a pattern developing conected to her period so its making me anticipate and be prepared to be extra patient at the build up to the full moon

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: