PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls database considered

walesrob
20th May 2008, 10:02
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7409593.stm

Ministers are to consider plans for a database of electronic information holding details of every phone call and e-mail sent in the UK, it has emerged..... A Home Office spokesman said the data was a "crucial tool" for protecting national security and preventing crime.

>
Whats crucial now is that this Government is given a big kick in the :censored: for even suggesting something so Orwellian. :xxgrinning--00xx3: All in the name of National Security? Nope!

There is a line from a song by Radiohead "No Surprises" - "Bring Down the Government, They Don't Speak for Us". :NoNo:

KeithD
20th May 2008, 10:30
They've been doing it for years already, same as the Yanks, but have only been storing items flagged up....such as posts with the word

BOMB

in it :D

If I haven't done anything wrong, I couldn't give a hoot, I have nothing to hide....take a look....:action-smiley-081:

joebloggs
20th May 2008, 11:45
:Erm:

thats why they let the polish in, 100,000s of people will need to go thru all that junk mail and forums like this :D full of meaningless drivel :xxparty-smiley-004:

maybe i can ask the gov to delete my junk mail while they go thru it :xxgrinning--00xx3:, saving me the trouble :rolleyes:

plus the phone call part will be handy, for visa's and finding who keeps calling me at night heavy breathing :NoNo:

walesrob
20th May 2008, 12:00
But still it stinks of Orwell's 1984.

KeithD
20th May 2008, 12:01
But still it stinks of Orwell's 1984.
You're just scared in case they prove what you are doing with the local livestock :rolleyes:

bornatbirth
20th May 2008, 14:32
If I haven't done anything wrong, I couldn't give a hoot, I have nothing to hide....take a look....:action-smiley-081:

:cwm24: i dont want to be rude,but can i miss that :omg:

joebloggs
20th May 2008, 14:35
:cwm24: i dont want to be rude,but can i miss that :omg:

don't worry scouser keiths got nothing there to look at :D

rob told me :icon_lol:

:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

walesrob
20th May 2008, 14:47
don't worry scouser keiths got nothing there to look at :D

rob told me :icon_lol:

:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

I heard about you and Keith down Canal Street in Manchester, investigating potholes...er :doh

joebloggs
20th May 2008, 15:07
yes, we were looking for :Erm:

as you didn't bring in the sheep the night b4 :NoNo:

got to work :furious3:

chino
27th May 2008, 22:53
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!