PDA

View Full Version : why are flights so expensive from the Phils

jaybee66
3rd June 2006, 11:50
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif

Hi all

I am hoping to sponsor my filipina to visit me here in the next few weeks (....H.O permitting of course&#33;) .

I visited the Phils to see my GF, (filipina),in Dec 05 & flew with Gulf air.

Considering it was the Christmas holiday/vacation period the fare/ taxes ,etc, where about 520 GBP which I thought wasn&#39;t too bad.

This time however the only fares I can find from people like klm ,qatar,.....are double and treble in some cases.

I looked at gulf air&#39; website and the are much the same.

Also,I noticed last trip that there were spare empty both ways.

Would be grateful if someone could make some sense of this &#39;cos London to Manila at the moment are around 350 GBP.

Any commrnts would be appreciated. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

John.

ivor&mel
3rd June 2006, 19:47
Hi John,

My brain is having a bad day today style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif What exactly are you looking for? Single UK-Phil... return... or single Phil-UK for your lady? There have been other threads on the Forum about the best deals for flights between the UK and Phil, but in the Travel Tips & Advice section, rather than Rant style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif Personally, I have used Airline-Network (http://www.airline-network.co.uk) for my recent trips, and ended up with Singapore and Qatar - both very good, and reasonable price.

But the thing that concerns me is that you stress that you are thinking of applying for a Visitor Visa for your lady. Is that right? And in the next few weeks? Hmmm..... You do realise that the chance of getting a Visitor Visa is extremely low? Could be a big waste of time and money. How long have you known her? What are her circumstances in Phil? Do you have any plans for marriage?

Ivor and Mel

Admin
4th June 2006, 09:08
She needs to book the flight her end, and usually getting a return is cheaper than single, but depends on the airline.

Visitor visa is about a 15% chance of getting one. You need to prove she will return, and that is very difficult, even though our immigration problems are with Africans, Afghans & Iraqi&#39;s style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

jaybee66
6th June 2006, 07:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Jun 3 2006, 07&#58;47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi John,

My brain is having a bad day today style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif What exactly are you looking for? Single UK-Phil... return... or single Phil-UK for your lady? There have been other threads on the Forum about the best deals for flights between the UK and Phil, but in the Travel Tips & Advice section, rather than Rant style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif Personally, I have used Airline-Network (http://www.airline-network.co.uk) for my recent trips, and ended up with Singapore and Qatar - both very good, and reasonable price.

But the thing that concerns me is that you stress that you are thinking of applying for a Visitor Visa for your lady. Is that right? And in the next few weeks? Hmmm..... You do realise that the chance of getting a Visitor Visa is extremely low? Could be a big waste of time and money. How long have you known her? What are her circumstances in Phil? Do you have any plans for marriage?

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

jaybee66
6th June 2006, 09:01
HI IVOR & MEL,& ALSO KIETH & PING, style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS 7 & THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

SOME MORE OF OUR INFO-

1. OUR RELATIONSHIP WILL NOW BE 1 YR OLD IN JULY.

2. WE MET THROUGH MUTUAL FRIENDS WHEN SHE WAS IN THE UK.

3. WE HAVE ALREADY HAD APPROX 2MONTHS TOGETHER WHILST SHE WAS HERE.

WE ALSO HAVE SOME PHOTOS OF HER HERE IN THE UK,(AND ME/US THERE WITH HER FAMILY IN THE PHILS) ALSO LETTERS AS EVIDENCE . style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

I THINK WE WILL GIVE IT A TRY BUT WITH ALL THE RECENT MEDIA EXPOSURE OF THE H.O(IMMIG&#39;) DEPORTATIONS, CRIMIALS LET OUT OF JAIL, ETC, WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT HELP OUR SITUATION BUT IF THERE ARE ANY TIPS OR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I&#39;M ALL EARS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

JOHN

jaybee66
6th June 2006, 09:15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Jun 4 2006, 09&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
She needs to book the flight her end, and usually getting a return is cheaper than single, but depends on the airline.

Visitor visa is about a 15% chance of getting one. You need to prove she will return, and that is very difficult, even though our immigration problems are with Africans, Afghans & Iraqi&#39;s style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif
[/b][/quote]

OOPS&#33; FORGOT TO MENTION.......

YES ,IT IS OUR INTENTION TO MARRY,BUT BEING RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ,(SOMETIMES),WE WISH TO LET THINGS GROW A BIT,SO THIS TRIP WOULD SIMPLY BE A CONTINUATION OF OUR COURTSHIP.

THANKS ,

JOHN

Admin
6th June 2006, 19:37
YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

If you want it on the cheap, bung her on a container ship style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

baboyako
8th June 2006, 20:47
hmmn.. it sounds like she doesn&#39;t have a visa yet?

I wouldn&#39;t book anything just yet style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ARsurrender.gif

try philippine island connections - they do one way tickets starting from the phil

http://www.pic-uk.com/

maldita
2nd July 2006, 20:02
hmmn.. it sounds like she doesn't have a visa yet?

I wouldn't book anything just yet style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ARsurrender.gif

try philippine island connections - they do one way tickets starting from the phil

http://www.pic-uk.com/

I got my ticket from the emirates website and the price was £371, oneway. I canvassed every airline that flew from RP to the UK and KLM, Qatar Airways and Emirates are the ones who offer good deals. pic-uk can book the flights for you too. They have good rates. Usually ranges from £580-£673, roundtrip (taxes included). You can also try looking at www.airtravelguide.com and do an airfare search. Just make sure to look at the restrictions of the flights.

Eljohno
3rd July 2006, 00:05
I got my ticket from the emirates website and the price was £371, oneway. I canvassed every airline that flew from RP to the UK and KLM, Qatar Airways and Emirates are the ones who offer good deals. pic-uk can book the flights for you too. They have good rates. Usually ranges from £580-£673, roundtrip (taxes included). You can also try looking at www.airtravelguide.com and do an airfare search. Just make sure to look at the restrictions of the flights.
My last couple of roundtrip tickets from London have only cost me about &#163;500 each time so keep looking..

maldita
3rd July 2006, 12:03
My last couple of roundtrip tickets from London have only cost me about £500 each time so keep looking..

Yup! Getting from London to Manila is real cheap! Ade Got his for 390 at the air travel guide site.

It's the Manila-London-Manila flights that are costly... and each airline gives a different tax breakdown...