PDA

View Full Version : Getting worse.............

aromulus
19th May 2008, 08:04
Hot from the presses........:NoNo:

This is worrying.....:NoNo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7407647.stm

Alan
19th May 2008, 10:57
It's true Dom. There is crime, gun crime everywhere here - even in Dumaguete, 'the city of gentle people.'

Of course, the news report you refer to is shocking!!

Be sensible is the watchword. Hanna and I do not go out after dark (6.00p.m.) or, if we do, like to a friend for dinner, we take a tricycle from door to door (no taxis here in Duma. BTW.) Even in daylight we stick to main streets and crowded areas.

Getting back to the news report - there are lunatic gunmen all over the world - in fact, I know a few expats here who carry guns - something I could NEVER do.

Indeed, aren't all people who intentionally commit crime - lunatics?

May God bless the people, and especially the children, who died.

Al.

CaptB
19th May 2008, 11:11
Serious crime is worldwide and the facts on this matter was sketchy at best. Didnt catch the cultprit yet they know its a family feud??

Problem is the forces that are supposed to protect you in the Philippines are overstretched, under funded and corrupt. There is no easy way to solve the problem but I think of knowing people who commit suicides in RP is much higher than being robbed.

joebloggs
19th May 2008, 11:39
8 dead now and 9 murdered in laguna last week :NoNo:
really sick to murder children..

m-16 :yikes:

Eljohno
19th May 2008, 16:53
Alcohol plus a gun is a bad combination..

So sad to see young lives being taken

keithAngel
19th May 2008, 17:07
It's true Dom. There is crime, gun crime everywhere here - even in Dumaguete, 'the city of gentle people.'

Of course, the news report you refer to is shocking!!

Be sensible is the watchword. Hanna and I do not go out after dark (6.00p.m.) or, if we do, like to a friend for dinner, we take a tricycle from door to door (no taxis here in Duma. BTW.) Even in daylight we stick to main streets and crowded areas.

Getting back to the news report - there are lunatic gunmen all over the world - in fact, I know a few expats here who carry guns - something I could NEVER do.

Indeed, aren't all people who intentionally commit crime - lunatics?

May God bless the people, and especially the children, who died.

Al.

Is there a legal version for armed expats there?

aromulus
19th May 2008, 21:49

Somebody said once...

"Guns don't kill people.......... People kill people....."

CaptB
19th May 2008, 22:04
The difference in the Philippines it gets in the press. The UK hide the facts. If you go in any A+E on a friday or saturday night in a large city you will find gunshoot and stab wounds every week but is kept out of the press not to "scare the public". The same can be said with football violence. Happens every week but only major incidents reach the press because its too big to hide.
Point being there is no such thing as a safe place.

aposhark
19th May 2008, 22:21

I lived in the States for years. So many times I tried to tell Americans about this. Mostly we were :Brick: as the murders carried on all the time. Sick..:cwm23:

Eljohno
19th May 2008, 23:02
I lived in the States for years. So many times I tried to tell Americans about this. Mostly we were :Brick: as the murders carried on all the time. Sick..:cwm23:

Add in fear and there are plenty of people out there with stories yet to be written :NoNo: