PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Mike in Nottingham

mikael
1st June 2006, 16:17
Hi to all My name is Mike from Notttingam I have been reading this site for a long time now but never took the time to join.

My Wife jenny is from Cebu City and we have been married some 6 months now, I have known her for over 1 year.

We met on Asian Euro at first and I have now made 6 journeys to the fils to be with here.

NOW FOR THE BAD PART

She had an interview at the Embassy today June 1st for a settlement Visa and armed with all the papers mountains of it as we had prepared for this day she arrived at the Embassy at 7.30am for her 8am appointment.

She took all requested documents and photo copies as requested and after a very short 15min interview with the ECO she was refused a settlement visa on the following grounds.

1. The ECO considered in his opinion that there was not enought available funds in My bank on the day to allow here to come to the UK without the recourse to public funds.

2.He states I provided a copy of a P45 when in fact it was an original laminated including copies.

3. And on those grounds refused the Visa

They have sent my wife a 15 page Appeal report which must be completed within 28 days of June 1st 2006

We are both really so gutted that this was the decision as I am employed by a major electronics Company and we had submitted more than all they required by UKVACS

I AM SHOCKED.

Guys how and what should I do I am here in the Uk and my wife who is from Cebu is still in Manila at the present

Any advice will be nice.

Thanks from Mike.

Eljohno
1st June 2006, 19:22
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mik.jenn &#064; Jun 1 2006, 04&#58;17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi to all My name is Mike from Notttingam I have been reading this site for a long time now but never took the time to join.

My Wife jenny is from Cebu City and we have been married some 6 months now, I have known her for over 1 year.

We met on Asian Euro at first and I have now made 6 journeys to the fils to be with here.

NOW FOR THE BAD PART

She had an interview at the Embassy today June 1st for a settlement Visa and armed with all the papers mountains of it as we had prepared for this day she arrived at the Embassy at 7.30am for her 8am appointment.

She took all requested documents and photo copies as requested and after a very short 15min interview with the ECO she was refused a settlement visa on the following grounds.

1. The ECO considered in his opinion that there was not enought available funds in My bank on the day to allow here to come to the UK without the recourse to public funds.

2.He states I provided a copy of a P45 when in fact it was an original laminated including copies.

They have sent my wife a 15 page Appeal report which must be completed within 28 days of June 1st 2006

We are both really so gutted that this was the decision as I am employed by a major electronics Company and we had submitted more than all they required by UKVACS

I AM SHOCKED.

Guys how and what should I do I am here in the Uk and my wife who is from Cebu is still in Manila at the present

Any advice will be nice.

Thanks from Mike.
[/b][/quote]

Hi Mike,

i am sorry that the embassy has turned your visa down. Some of the other guys will be of more help than i will but all i can say is that i borrowed some money from friends and put it in my account until the visa was sorted.

John

mikael
1st June 2006, 19:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Jun 1 2006, 07&#58;22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Mike,

i am sorry that the embassy has turned your visa down. Some of the other guys will be of more help than i will but all i can say is that i borrowed some money from friends and put it in my account until the visa was sorted.
John
[/b][/quote]

Thanks John for the reply yes I know what you mean about they are looking maybe at only the time of the last statement when really they should be taking an overall view of the last 9 months paying in to the bank.

It appears to me they just looked at the last bad bit when funds were low.

Admin
1st June 2006, 19:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mik.jenn &#064; Jun 1 2006, 07&#58;35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks John for the reply yes I know what you mean about they are looking maybe at only the time of the last statement when really they should be taking an overall view of the last 9 months paying in to the bank.

It appears to me they just looked at the last bad bit when funds were low.
[/b][/quote]

Depends on the brain cell count of the interviewer on the day, although they have improved a lot over the last few months, so we can&#39;t be too hard on them.

As you already know the problem of why you failed, you can fix them, as they are not serious.

What I&#39;d advice is throwing a spreadsheet together, with graph prints, of you last 12 months income to your next 12 months income. Make VERY clear expenses to go to the Phil and make VERY clear how much this will save you when she is in the UK. Attach the bank statements to the back of it. Remember that you are doing it for a baby to understand.

Before Pete gets here style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif You should have ensured you had sufficient funds of at least 4 digits hanging around the statements, and with no overdrafts, etc,

As for the P45, just put it in again with a cover note explaining it is an original that would stand up in a UK court.

baboyako
1st June 2006, 23:05
I&#39;m not sure if you can guess from the above. but just to make things clear, you should apply again rather than appeal. appeal takes longer & will cost more.

I&#39;m sure someone will disagree now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

charlvil
2nd June 2006, 12:23
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mik.jenn &#064; Jun 1 2006, 04&#58;17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Hi to all My name is Mike from Notttingam I have been reading this site for a long time now but never took the time to join.

NOW FOR THE BAD PART

I AM SHOCKED.

Any advice will be nice.

Thanks from Mike. [/b][/quote]

Hello Mike,

Just letting you know that you&#39;re not alone in this situation&#33;&#33;&#33; My friend is married to a British man as well. She was been interviewed last 15th of May. She sobbing coz the ECO turned them down with the same reason as yours. They&#39;re making an appeal now. Nothing to lose if you&#39;re going to try to appeal. Fight for it and discuss the meaning of life to them. Hoping for the best & God bless. If you want you can give me us a ring and u can talk to my husband. Cheers...

Chat

mikael
2nd June 2006, 13:02
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chat &#064; Jun 2 2006, 12&#58;23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello Mike,

Just letting you know that you&#39;re not alone in this situation&#33;&#33;&#33; My friend is married to a British man as well. She was been interviewed last 15th of May. She sobbing coz the ECO turned them down with the same reason as yours. They&#39;re making an appeal now. Nothing to lose if you&#39;re going to try to appeal. Fight for it and discuss the meaning of life to them. Hoping for the best & God bless. If you want you can give me us a ring and u can talk to my husband. Cheers...

Chat
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the kind words its nice to know I am not alone in this situation however it does not make it any easier as we planned to have the summer together here in England With regard to having a chat whith your husband That would be nice I wait your reply Mike alone in Nottingham.

ginapeterb
2nd June 2006, 14:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mik.jenn &#064; Jun 2 2006, 01&#58;02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the kind words its nice to know I am not alone in this situation however it does not make it any easier as we planned to have the summer together here in England With regard to having a chat whith your husband That would be nice I wait your reply Mike alone in Nottingham.
[/b][/quote]

Mike, I have left you a Personal message, give me a call to discuss your situation, maybe I can help, the details are in your PM.

Take care, if you call, I will be on the road in the next hour....

Pete

ginapeterb
2nd June 2006, 20:18
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Jun 2 2006, 02&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mike, I have left you a Personal message, give me a call to discuss your situation, maybe I can help, the details are in your PM.

Take care, if you call, I will be on the road in the next hour....
Pete
[/b][/quote]

Mike called tonight and we chatted for about an hour, this was great as it ironed out some issues for Mike, Gina also spoke to Mike and gave some reassurance, Mike now has decided on his best course of action, best of luck with it Mike, and I know you are keeping in touch with us at the forum, and we look foward to welcoming Jenny soon to UK.

We are with you all the way Mike...&#33;&#33;&#33;

Pete and Gina