PDA

View Full Version : Pinay in Singapore gets 10 years for mutilating best friend

ginapeterb
30th May 2006, 13:12
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Filipina maid gets 10 years in Jaol after slaying best freind and mutilating her body </span>

Article posted May 29, 2006, 7:05 pm

A Singapore court has sentenced overseas Filipino worker Gwen Aguilar to 10 years in prison for the murder and mutilation of her fellow OFW Jane La Puebla last year.

Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) spokesman Gilbert Asuque said Monday that Aguilar, whose sentence took effect September 15 last year, could have her sentence shortened by three years if she shows good behavior.

Asuque said the DFA has informed Aguilar&#39;s relatives in the Philippines about the sentencing by the Singapore court.

Aguilar pleaded guilty to the killing of La Puebla, also a maid, whose head and limbs were found stashed inside a sports bag behind a metro station at Orchard Road in Singapore&#39;s main shopping district last year.

Aguilar and La Puebla were known to be long-time friends and both also came from Nueva Vizcaya province north of Manila.-GMANews.TV

Petes Comment

Geeeeeze I hope my best pal doesnt do that to me, just goes to show, keep your freinds close, but your enemies even closer, (long time friend - or long time enemy /)

Admin
30th May 2006, 13:30
Was following that while I was there. They were pretty lenient as she had kids, and the resulting death was self defence. She was basically screwed for cutting up the body though. If self defence wasn&#39;t part of it, she would have humg.

One Aussie guy got caught at the airport with 2kg of cannabis while I was there, he&#39;ll hang. Stop him doing it again style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Pauldo
30th May 2006, 20:41
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; May 30 2006, 01&#58;30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

One Aussie guy got caught at the airport with 2kg of cannabis while I was there... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Smuggling drugs through S,pore seems an awful long winded way to commit suicide, but lots of people do it every year..... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

I remember when I lived there in the early nineties, read in the paper one day that 65 people had been hung already that year for drug smuggling. It was only February....

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Admin
31st May 2006, 09:21
If we had that law in this country it would be more than 65 a day........and that&#39;s just the flights from Holland style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif