PDA

View Full Version : FAILED AGAIN

john s
30th May 2006, 07:20
Just to let you all know, FAILED AGAIN!!!!

Just returned (last night) from Philippines, Lorie's interview was last wednesday (only had to wait for 4 hours!!!!!).

She 'passed her interview' pending production of additional documents, namely Decree Absolute. Eveb though they state on the web site that they may accept evidence that legal proceedings have started and are well under way, DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!.

We supplied letters from my Solicitor, my Ex's Solicitor, Decree Nisi, and the expected date for Absolute from the court, (using this date i managed to book a wedding, as further evidence), they still will not issue a visa until the have the decree absolute.

we waited a further 2 hours so that I could speak to someone, and all i got was the receptionist, who told me to come back the next day. I dis and waited a further 3 hours and only got to speak to the 'information desk' on the 15th Floor, which was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

So we wait again!!!!!!!

John s (minus his asawa ko)

Admin
30th May 2006, 08:10
I didn't even apply until I had my Decree through, not worth the risk. Best to always make sure everything is as clear as day before proceeding.

It is easy to cancel a divorce, or problems can arise that take longer than 6 months to sort out, the embassy will not take that risk.

By the way, I done my own divorce, took 10 days from applying to getting the decree. Cost about £60 back in 1999

ivor&mel
30th May 2006, 17:31
John,

A bit late now, but couldn't you have waited till you got the Absolute? It's only 6 weeks between Nisi and Absolute, plus maybe another week before you get your hands on the paper. And if the Embassy say they "may accept evidence that legal proceedings have started", that also means that they may not... as they didn't... It's a risk not worth taking, considering the (I presume) short time till you get the Absolute.

So what are you intending to do now? Have you appealed? Or will you be submitting a fresh application?

Ivor and Mel

john s
31st May 2006, 07:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 30 2006, 05&#58;31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John,

A bit late now, but couldn&#39;t you have waited till you got the Absolute? It&#39;s only 6 weeks between Nisi and Absolute, plus maybe another week before you get your hands on the paper. And if the Embassy say they "may accept evidence that legal proceedings have started", that also means that they may not... as they didn&#39;t... It&#39;s a risk not worth taking, considering the (I presume) short time till you get the Absolute.

So what are you intending to do now? Have you appealed? Or will you be submitting a fresh application?

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

The Embassy have kept Lories passport so that they can keep her case open, and they have given us untill mid August to provide the Absolute. If this is provided within the time they have given us, they say that they will review her case. if we fail to give them the documents by this time they said that we can ask for an extension of time (up to 4 weeks) to provide the missing document, so we just pray that we get it to them on time, and when they review her case, they will issue her the visa.

Keep your fingers crossed for us

John & Lorie

ivor&mel
31st May 2006, 08:49
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john s &#064; May 31 2006, 07&#58;35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Embassy have kept Lories passport so that they can keep her case open, and they have given us untill mid August to provide the Absolute. If this is provided within the time they have given us, they say that they will review her case. if we fail to give them the documents by this time they said that we can ask for an extension of time (up to 4 weeks) to provide the missing document, so we just pray that we get it to them on time, and when they review her case, they will issue her the visa.

Keep your fingers crossed for us
John & Lorie
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, good luck to you both style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif So all is not lost yet - you can get the Absolute and let them have a copy by mid August? That&#39;s 10 weeks away. It is still 6 weeks between Nisi and Absolute isn&#39;t it? You foresee no obstacles to getting the Absolute? And all your other supporting docs were in order as far as the Embassy were concerned? What about the date for marriage? You will need to give them a new one now?

Ivor and Mel

ginapeterb
31st May 2006, 09:33
John,

Interesting case this, since we have always made it clear on this forum and my personal website, that a Divorce Decree Absolute is required for the Interview at the British Embassy, I dont think you have been on this forum before have you, or you would have noted that, plus I doubt you have read my entry clearance procedures as I specifically warn people against attempting to apply without the Divorce Decree Absolute, I have to be hard on you here John and say that this is all down to you, its your mistake, and you didnt do your research &#33;&#33;&#33; when you put your title on here as FAILED AGAIN &#33;&#33;, you should have put

I FAILED LORIE &#33;&#33;&#33;

Cos thats how it is &#33; how can the British Embassy issue you a visa for your fiancee, when clearly you are still legally married in the United Kingdom.

With this one, I am backing the Entry Clearance Officer for the first time ever.

Reason is, I had same situation in 2004, and had to wait a further 4 months for mine to come through, so did Keith and many others, sorry pal but you wont find much sympathy on this one from us.

Get it right and do it again.

Pete

Admin
31st May 2006, 12:19
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 31 2006, 09&#58;33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John,

Interesting case this, since we have always made it clear on this forum and my personal website, that a Divorce Decree Absolute is required for the Interview at the British Embassy, I dont think you have been on this forum before have you, or you would have noted that, plus I doubt you have read my entry clearance procedures as I specifically warn people against attempting to apply without the Divorce Decree Absolute, I have to be hard on you here John and say that this is all down to you, its your mistake, and you didnt do your research &#33;&#33;&#33; when you put your title on here as FAILED AGAIN &#33;&#33;, you should have put

Cos thats how it is &#33; how can the British Embassy issue you a visa for your fiancee, when clearly you are still legally married in the United Kingdom.

With this one, I am backing the Entry Clearance Officer for the first time ever.

Reason is, I had same situation in 2004, and had to wait a further 4 months for mine to come through, so did Keith and many others, sorry pal but you wont find much sympathy on this one from us.

Pete
[/b][/quote]

I hope your more gentle in bed style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

john s
31st May 2006, 15:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 31 2006, 09&#58;33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John,

Pete
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for your &#39;kind thoughts&#39;, i was not after any sympathy, and just to let you know I actually spoke to the embassy, and e-mailed them prior to an interview being arranged, to let them know the situation. they replied giving a list of documents that they would &#39;accept&#39; as evidence that legal proceedings had started and were well under way. I submitted all the documents (solicitors letters, both mine and my Ex&#39;s, copy of the signed petition from the court etc. etc.), thinking that as they had written to me to say that they would accept thes alternative documents, and to go ahead and arrange the interview, that i was doing the right thing, obviously not&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And yes I agree with you I do feel as if i have failed my asawa ko&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

John s

ginapeterb
31st May 2006, 16:32
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>And yes I agree with you I do feel as if i have failed my asawa ko&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

Well maybe I was a bit hard on you John, if what you alledge is true, and I have no reason to doubt your word, then you were as we say " Bum steered".

The problem with the British Embassy is, you can&#39;t take anything they say as being right &#33;, they get things wrong all the time, loose documents, misplace important paperwork, and give out generally misleading information on a day by day basis, they simply cannot be trusted, in fact I would go further and say, they can be outright obstructive, the only place I know that gives out correct information in the whole world regarding UK Entry Clearance for the would be Filipina spouse/Fiancee is yes youve guessed it:

The Filipinouk Forum, and http://www.british-filipino.com

The other thing I forgot to mention is that elements within the British Embassy, lie as well, and it always gets put back on the sponsor, I&#39;m sorry this has happened to you, if you had consulted me personally, I would have advised you not to proceed with any application until your divorce decree absolute was in your hand.

I genuinely wish you well, and hope that this can be resolved sooner rather than later, best wishes with your endeavours, stay close to us here, and I&#39;m, sure you will receive a lot of support.

Pete