PDA

View Full Version : Is it True?

Deepa
15th May 2008, 12:00
That people actually live on Mars!

Only joking , now that I got your attention.

For those of you who have been to London, does the tube annoy you or what!!

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 12:06
yes its full of happy southeners :D

KeithD
15th May 2008, 13:08
One day the tube will flood......hopefully during rush hour....pesky Southerner's :D

Scotland is going up.....while the South is sinking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
15th May 2008, 13:32
London tube - overpriced and rubbish! Paris Metro - brilliant!!

Al.:)

Deepa
15th May 2008, 13:38
You obviously havn't been to London lately, or used it on a frequent basis.

Fares have droppped, been voted in th etop three transport systems in the world.

Paris Metro is good, but I must say a tad dirty

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 14:07

come on AL metro in manchester, got to be the cheapest, i'm surprised anyone buys a ticket to get on it.. no one ever checks if you've a ticket :NoNo:

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 14:09
You obviously havn't been to London lately, or used it on a frequent basis.

Fares have droppped, been voted in th etop three transport systems in the world.

Paris Metro is good, but I must say a tad dirty

i was stood up on the crammed thing a few months a go :doh and every time i've been on it .. still like it was in the blitz ! or so AL tells me :rolleyes:

voted by who , people who own it, run it ?

Alan
15th May 2008, 14:13
.. still like it was in the blitz ! or so AL tells me :rolleyes:

You win Joe. :xxgrinning--00xx3: It's my bedtime now. Time to start planting trees!!:D

Deepa
15th May 2008, 14:16
voted by an international committe.

Saying that the norther line is horrible, not nice at 9am.

approx 3m peole each day use the tube daily. well as they say the streets are paved with gold in london.

its true!!

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 14:27
You win Joe. :xxgrinning--00xx3: It's my bedtime now. Time to start planting trees!!:D

and i'm asking the council to start planting 'free car parking ' spaces :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes :Cuckoo::Rasp: idea.. never catch on,,

keithAngel
15th May 2008, 15:15
On a rare visit to London last year I was amused to see the amount of body contact necessary to get into a space that from my perspective didn't exist

I ended up catching a tube in the opposite direction three stops and then transferred to a seat.:xxviolent

KeithD
15th May 2008, 19:02

It's full of French, how can it be brilliant......now if it caved in I'd agree :D

bornatbirth
15th May 2008, 19:13
have none off u used the MRT in singapore?

the london underground should hang its head in shame!
but what annoyed me was when to many staff went sick to keep a station open and like a moron im sat there as the train goes past my stop to the next stop,as its already gone 11pm at night u still gotta get home just great!!

Piamed
15th May 2008, 20:45
I think the London Tube system is the worst I've seen and certainly the only one without AC. Singapore and Beijing ones are great.

chino
15th May 2008, 22:05
i like the subway in Seoul, Japan (subways all over) Singapore not so much Beijing... Well London's is ok unless you bag does not turn up and you have to go in shorts and flip flops when its snowing!.. everyone is looking :(

scott&ligaya
16th May 2008, 08:08
The Hong Kong MTR is superb, I will give you an example of the customer care/service, a couple of years back the island line experienced a five minute average delay in trains coming through for over 4 hours in a morning period. that evening on the local news the Chief Executive was on apologising to the people of Hong Kong for such a drastic failure!!!!! one day and only an average of five minutes late!!!!!!!, if that was most cities you might get a junior PR person or a couple of lnes in the next days paper. To be fair it is subsidised and Hong Kongs infrasrucure and geography means it is by far the easiest option to use to get o work.

KeithD
16th May 2008, 09:38
have none off u used the MRT in singapore?

Mostly designed just for standing though, not much good for a cripple in rush hour. :angry:

bornatbirth
16th May 2008, 10:30
how many cripples do u see in rush hour?

u havent been tombstoning have u?

walesrob
16th May 2008, 10:34
The Hong Kong MTR is superb, I will give you an example of the customer care/service, a couple of years back the island line experienced a five minute average delay in trains coming through for over 4 hours in a morning period. that evening on the local news the Chief Executive was on apologising to the people of Hong Kong for such a drastic failure!!!!! one day and only an average of five minutes late!!!!!!!, if that was most cities you might get a junior PR person or a couple of lnes in the next days paper. To be fair it is subsidised and Hong Kongs infrasrucure and geography means it is by far the easiest option to use to get o work.

Agree 100%. Hong Kong has a brilliant public transport system - when you arrive at the airport, the airport express is waiting for you to whisk you off to your chosen destination, you can literally go from landing to your hotel room within 45 minutes.

KeithD
16th May 2008, 12:26
how many cripples do u see in rush hour?
Me for one. :NoNo: