PDA

View Full Version : MessengerLog and Pro

joebloggs
14th May 2008, 19:20
small util that might be useful for keeping logs of chats with your partner for evidence purposes when applying for a visa.

i don't use messenger, so i dont know if it has a built in log feature, but this claims to automatically log everything from Windows Messenger 4.x/5.x, MSN Messenger 6.x/7.x, and Windows Live Messenger, including instant messages, winks, emotion icons, hand writing, text font and colors, the online status of your contact, and all the activities like sent and received files, audio/video invitations in MSN Messenger.

http://www.formessengers.com/mlog.htm

joebloggs
14th May 2008, 19:28
small util that might be useful for keeping logs of chats with your partner for evidence purposes when applying for a visa.

i don't use messenger, so i dont know if it has a built in log feature, but this claims to automatically log everything from Windows Messenger 4.x/5.x, MSN Messenger 6.x/7.x, and Windows Live Messenger, including instant messages, winks, emotion icons, hand writing, text font and colors, the online status of your contact, and all the activities like sent and received files, audio/video invitations in MSN Messenger.

me and the misses used ICQ, and i had years of logs which i printed out, condensed print, something like 60+ lines per page, 2 pages on 1 side, duplexed (printed on both sides), must have been over 500 pages, so something like 500pages * (60lines*2pages per side * 2 sides ) is err 120,000 lines of chat, and that was about only 1/3rd of the logs i had, and as i work for a printers , it wasn't a problem,. but the embassy wouldn't take them !!!! :yikes::cwm23::censored::furious3:

:doh

hmm what happened there, i must have replied instead of editing it :doh

LEAHnew
15th May 2008, 02:18
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Thanks Kuya Joe for the link, another stuff that would make me and my kukupops busy:rolleyes::D

Alan
15th May 2008, 05:08
120,000 lines of chat,

Sounds like ONE of Hanna's phone calls! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 07:50
Sounds like ONE of Hanna's phone calls! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

waste of time thou, me misses had to throw it away :yikes:, i hope she burn't it !!! all that personal info :yikes:

well good job i didn't use my real name of semour butz and Mike Rotch. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
15th May 2008, 09:07

Just something to note for all those using Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo does log all of your chat sessions and the logs can of course be opened and printed out. But I'm almost certain that the default setting for the archive is "Yes, save all of my messages, but clear them each time I sign out", so if anyone out there is chatting regularly with someone and hoping to retrieve those archive logs and print them out later for evidence, then make sure that the setting in "Preferences" > "Archive" is set to "Yes, save all of my messages"

Iain.

joebloggs
15th May 2008, 09:48
might be a good idea to take regular backups of them to, so they are not over written or suddenly vanish :yikes:, some programs may only keep a log for 30 or 90 days etc...

i know i lost a few logs, but like i said in the end it didnt matter, becuase of over evidence we had,like letters dating back years.. :xxgrinning--00xx3: