PDA

View Full Version : i am abt to say goodbye to the UK

sphinx
13th May 2008, 06:48
this is my 2nd post, thanks for those whoo replied on my first one..
just had trouble last night with my husband (again) and this time i reported already to the police bec i cannot allow anymore that he is continuing this kind of maltreatment..he was picked up by them
since my permit is eea, and never applied yet for extension on my visa which only valid for 6 mos, since he was arrested of course i have no means to stay any longer, do i still have the right to exercise my right to live as a fam.member of an EU national...barely 2 months only here..any advice

KeithD
13th May 2008, 10:10
If he has been arrested make sure they CHARGE him, then you need to supply all your details in a letter to the IND explaining clearly & in detail your problem. Don't waffle on, use Bullet Points to point out the facts.

If he is charged it makes it look better, if he isn't charged with anything, then as far as this stupid country is concerned he's done nothing wrong.

You may get an extension on compassionate grounds, but he does need to be charged, and you need to ensure he gets done, stop piddling about with this violent abuser.

aug06_2006
13th May 2008, 14:43
Oh, sorry to hear your sad situation.

Mrs.JMajor
13th May 2008, 15:01
Thats the best advice u get sphinx (boss advice)

Don't say goodbye,fight for it,if u know u have the right

chino
13th May 2008, 18:51
yes the boss aka win2win has given you some good advise..

lil John
13th May 2008, 19:34
Hi Sphinx, I read your first post and thought to myself I hope this situation does not turn any uglier than it has. I'm glad to see he didn't hurt you and I agree with the advise that Boss Keith has given you. Follow through with your complaint because if you don't there could be more trouble, in the future, for you. Good luck in any decision you make.

aromulus
13th May 2008, 19:52
If he has been arrested make sure they CHARGE him, then you need to supply all your details in a letter to the IND explaining clearly & in detail your problem. Don't waffle on, use Bullet Points to point out the facts.

If he is charged it makes it look better, if he isn't charged with anything, then as far as this stupid country is concerned he's done nothing wrong.

You may get an extension on compassionate grounds, but he does need to be charged, and you need to ensure he gets done, stop piddling about with this violent abuser.

Further to what Admin recommended for you to do, I would strongly advise you to visit your nearest Citizen Advice Bureau, in view of looking for help in getting a court injunction against your husband.
You should be entitled to Legal Aid, and will have no problems if the court Order is granted, as he will not be able to come anywhere near you in future, and you might also be able to stay in the house you shared.

good luck.