PDA

View Full Version : "double registration"

sam_althea
10th May 2008, 14:08
i am sure all Filipinos in this forum underwent with NSO paper thing, just want to ask a question, and if someone here had the same scenario
he was late registered as no record appeared at the city hall, however, just last month when he went to the NSO office, he has two records but the problem is, the two records are not the same with the birth year.
they told him he has to cancel the other one and choose which document he has to use, but the cancellation fee is like a bloody 50,000Php
RA 9048 is an act pertaining to correction of such documents, but my bro's case is not covered with the underlying cases of correction..
any ideas, views, comments, reactions or voilent reactions? thanks

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2008, 14:11
wow !!! who said 50k-php

kimmi
10th May 2008, 18:41
i am sure all Filipinos in this forum underwent with NSO paper thing, just want to ask a question, and if someone here had the same scenario
he was late registered as no record appeared at the city hall, however, just last month when he went to the NSO office, he has two records but the problem is, the two records are not the same with the birth year.
they told him he has to cancel the other one and choose which document he has to use, but the cancellation fee is like a bloody 50,000Php
RA 9048 is an act pertaining to correction of such documents, but my bro's case is not covered with the underlying cases of correction..

its better for u to ask a solicitor for help about ur bro's case..goodluck..:)

jencha8569
11th May 2008, 10:21
sam i think thats alot :Erm:

as ate kim said ask a solicitor who can legally help you with it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
11th May 2008, 17:55

Maybe he wrote wrong input when applying his BC at NSO (i.e. Date Registered etc.) in his application slip. So the NSO didn't find his record in his first attempt. He must have record at City Hall as there is record at NSO. Might be, he gave wrong info at his local Civil Registrar when he applied and sometimes, City Hall Staff didn't notice our names in the book of records.:D
Much better if you just choose the first registered one and don't cancel the other one if you will pay such amount. As long as your first registration's info is the same with your school credentials, ID's etc. and other papers, it will not affect the other one.

familylawyer
21st May 2008, 04:35
double registration......

the second birth certificate should be the one to be canceled and the first birth certificate will prevail. so if the the first birth certificate contain the wrong birth date then, the first birth certificate needs to be corrected.

and only the court have the jurisdiction to cancel and correct birth dates in the birth certificate.