PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problem

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 17:55
I lost my internet connection everytime we have a call from landline. And then I need to reconnect again. We are using Orange Broadband. I am not expert on this :D . It didn't happen to me when I had my Internet Cafe before :Brick:. Just happened a month ago. Hubby is always away! I should sort of this:NoNo:.

KeithD
8th May 2008, 18:18
Have you installed splitters in every phone socket?

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 18:36
Have you installed splitters in every phone socket?

yes boss we did have separate socket called splitters. this is not happened before:CompBuster:

andypaul
8th May 2008, 18:56
They can fail you know?

Before going to deep check the splitters, check the cables are in good condition no fraying or damage of any kind. Also make sure they are correctly plugged in.
Have a look at the phones, could be a daft a thing as one of the phones of the hook.

Is the broadband wireless and are any of your phones wireless?

Also whats the total ren value? Each phone and router on the line will have a ren value if you exceed it then your get problems.

When did the problem first happen?

Did it always happen at first or get worse as time went by?

I was shadowing one of our engineers today and two problems customers thought were major issues were a cable unplugged and a sensor not behaving correctly. Both with simple fixes, but the clients both thought they had major problems:Brick:
Both of which had I.T experts :Erm: because they looked at the issue to deeply and didn't check the basics.

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 19:11
They can fail you know?

Before going to deep check the splitters, check the cables are in good condition no fraying or damage of any kind. Also make sure they are correctly plugged in.
Have a look at the phones, could be a daft a thing as one of the phones of the hook.

Is the broadband wireless and are any of your phones wireless?

Also whats the total ren value? Each phone and router on the line will have a ren value if you exceed it then your get problems.

When did the problem first happen?

Did it always happen at first or get worse as time went by?

I was shadowing one of our engineers today and two problems customers thought were major issues were a cable unplugged and a sensor not behaving correctly. Both with simple fixes, but the clients both thought they had major problems:Brick:
Both of which had I.T experts :Erm: because they looked at the issue to deeply and didn't check the basics.

Thanks for your reply Andy, I will carefully check our cables, I think it happens when we changed our Landline phone into a wireless.
Our broadband is not wireless.
Our modem is speed touch ASDL and hubby changed and upgrade it with a bigger ORANGE LIVE BOX so he can download movies better. But he changed again into small modem. I am not sure if this conflicts.
Thanks again,
penny

joebloggs
8th May 2008, 20:33
orange is rated as the worst ISP by many users :yikes:

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12247

:bigcry:

keithAngel
8th May 2008, 20:40
orange is rated as the worst ISP by many users :yikes:

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12247

:bigcry:

You know Gary in Bangladesh too!!:omg:

joebloggs
8th May 2008, 20:46
You know Gary in Bangladesh too!!:omg:

worse i was on tiscali :icon_lol:

really bad for capping people, so i went to bulldog :xxgrinning--00xx3:, only to find they were sold to pipex, and who now owns pipex :Erm:, tiscali :doh

andypaul
8th May 2008, 20:50
Thanks for your reply Andy, I will carefully check our cables, I think it happens when we changed our Landline phone into a wireless.
Our broadband is not wireless.
Our modem is speed touch ASDL and hubby changed and upgrade it with a bigger ORANGE LIVE BOX so he can download movies better. But he changed again into small modem. I am not sure if this conflicts.
Thanks again,
penny

Possibly you got to many phones or power been drawn off the phone line?
Phones have different ratings as do routers.

Wirless phones are umm an interesting thing im no expert on the various types. But it maybe worth plugging in the old phone just to check.
We always think all products we buy in shops will work perfect out of the box but its rarely true.

A quick google and the orange forum has problems with dect phones and live boxs

http://forums.orange.co.uk/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fs_internet&tid=3949

heres a bt troubleshooting guide

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/media/pdf/repair_guide.pdf

does this help or sound familair?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=22182428

Ps to all i have read some scary things about some dect phones which regardless of where the phone is in relation to the base station it blasts out a radio signal all the time. Do not have one near where you sleep or spend a lot of time is what many people who know better than me advise me.
Nothing proven, but many people are cautious as basically its a weak microwave signal emitted very near to you.
That or ensure its a phone which controls the time when it emits a radio signal.

chino
8th May 2008, 21:20
Can be raised as an other fault via Eco though normally this is caused by crap filters if you have just moved to DECT phones...

To test this disconnect all your devices and connect directly into the test phone socket with just your live box and your phone... If you get the same problem then swap the filter. If you still get the same issue try another phone....

Tell me what happens after than and i will see if i can help. I cannot woosh test your line as i don't have access to orange assets plus i guess your on an LLU line..

I hope you understand that..... (i work for an ISP)

aromulus
8th May 2008, 21:55
(i work for an ISP)

If it is BT... You ain't going to be too popular with me, pal.......:cwm23:

:CompBuster::CompBuster::CompBuster:

Up to 8 meg .... my :butthead:......:NoNo:

Might as well be on dial-up.....:doh:Brick:

:Hellooo::ARsurrender:

walesrob
8th May 2008, 22:04
If its quality broadband you want, I recommend any Enta.net seller, i.e. adsl24, ukfsn or Aquiss. I'm with Aquiss, and I get a full 7.8meg 24/7, never had a problem.

aromulus
8th May 2008, 22:14
If its quality broadband you want, I recommend any Enta.net seller, i.e. adsl24, ukfsn or Aquiss. I'm with Aquiss, and I get a full 7.8meg 24/7, never had a problem.

I an seriously considering switching to the Post office deal..... £20 cheaper and all the phone calls I can make for free............ anytime.........:omg:

Ok, I will get only 1 meg. but, hey, been paying loadsa money for something I haven't been getting at all, really....:NoNo:

chino
9th May 2008, 00:13
If it is BT... You ain't going to be too popular with me, pal.......:cwm23:

:CompBuster::CompBuster::CompBuster:

Up to 8 meg .... my :butthead:......:NoNo:

Might as well be on dial-up.....:doh:Brick:

:Hellooo::ARsurrender:

No i work for PlusNet (PlusNet, Free-Online, Force9 and MetroNet) which i should state is owned by BT though is operated completely indepently from BT - to the point that BT pay us to support corporate clients - not normal EU. We also control MAAF which is companies such as Mad as a Fish, Global Internet, Greenbee and Waitrose through a call center in SA (Durban - South Africa).

If you can provide me with all your line stats i can give you an idea of what you should get, though i would provide me with this info via PM as i would require your CLI (telephone number) to fully test your line - Plus SNR & DB to get the loop loss - Shortly we are getting access to Eco for BT assets which will mean we can fully test BT connections.

What router do you have????

I will try my best..

PS.... Enta is nothing special as its all down to your line stats... and Entanet offer good deals due to the amount of business customers...

IainBusby
9th May 2008, 08:57
I been with Metronet, now PlusNet for years and it's been great (touch wood) never had a problem with them!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iain.

chino
9th May 2008, 10:47
Iain - Hopefully you will not get any :D

You just have to remember that its the support you pay for when you have a problem!

If your still on MetroNet i would advise you to move over as its cheaper on PlusNet and i have not heard of a product refresh for MetroNet. We can move people over for free... Do remember the phrase though "if it ain't broke don't fix it"