PDA

View Full Version : what is correct way to invite somebody to U.S.?

Johnny1961
8th May 2008, 17:39
Hello, I just joined this site.. I am hoping that somebody can help me. I married a girl (Elvira) from the Phils a few years ago. We tried to get her sister and mother here for the wedding, but they denied her sister a visitors visa , while allowing her mother. (Her Mom wont travel alone)
We are hoping it will not be the same way the second time around.
I wanted to make sure that we are doing the process correctly.

My understanding is that I write a letter to the U.S. embassy in the Phils requesting a vistors visa for both of them, and briefly explain the reason along with other information. (like assurance that they will go back to the Phils, my job (to verify income) and address phone number, etc. Is that basically correct?

any other information anybody can provide me with is very much appreciated
thanks
John

aromulus
9th May 2008, 07:26
Hello, I just joined this site.. I am hoping that somebody can help me. I married a girl (Elvira) from the Phils a few years ago. We tried to get her sister and mother here for the wedding, but they denied her sister a visitors visa , while allowing her mother. (Her Mom wont travel alone)
We are hoping it will not be the same way the second time around.
I wanted to make sure that we are doing the process correctly.

My understanding is that I write a letter to the U.S. embassy in the Phils requesting a vistors visa for both of them, and briefly explain the reason along with other information. (like assurance that they will go back to the Phils, my job (to verify income) and address phone number, etc. Is that basically correct?

any other information anybody can provide me with is very much appreciated
thanks
John

I don't really know if anyone on the site is familiar with US Immigration, me for one, haven't got the faintest idea.
We deal basically with Phil-UK matters.
Up to a couple of years ago, there was a nice site called ASAWA dealing with all US stuff, but it has been closed down.

You can try this, it is the current Phil-AM LDR site.

http://www.bahayngningas.net/

Mrs.JMajor
9th May 2008, 15:22
Yeah aromulos is right...a lot read your thread already but no bother to reply as this site is fil-uk,they don't know much about US ,try the link he give you....

good luck to your search

kimmi
9th May 2008, 18:57
I don't really know if anyone on the site is familiar with US Immigration, me for one, haven't got the faintest idea.
We deal basically with Phil-UK matters.
Up to a couple of years ago, there was a nice site called ASAWA dealing with all US stuff, but it has been closed down.

You can try this, it is the current Phil-AM LDR site.

http://www.bahayngningas.net/

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Johnny1961
10th May 2008, 13:24
thank you for responses.. I wll try that.. John