PDA

View Full Version : hopefully soon a Wedding

Terry77
8th May 2008, 14:44
Hi all
im asking for help & advise.

I met a girl Jizel last September 07 on the net, and have been to philippines twice December 07 and March 08 although we are in a reasonably new relationship we talk every day and get on very well.

We are now talking about spending all life together and hopefully getting married in September 08 although reading through all the posts this may be harder than i think.

I dont know anything about marrage across boarders so any advise will help, is it better to try and get Jizel to the Uk or is it just as easy to wed in the philippines and return to the UK together.

I will be visiting 3 times a year to the philippines but would love to marry this year and so would Jizel.

Jizel does not have a passport yet and lives 100 kilometers into the forrest in Zamboanger de nord, so not easy for her to get arround, and i know she is looking forward to getting married in September but i now know this might not be possible and dont want her to get upset, so if anyone has good info for us it would great to hear from you many thanks Terry

Mrs.JMajor
8th May 2008, 15:23
getting passport would not take her long...7 working days and she can have it,she need to apply personally (make sure if she ask some one to do for her like agency make sure passport is genuine huh!) on DFA together w/ her birth cert. and 3 valid IDs w/ picture on it,like sss,drivers license,postal ID etc.etc

just make sure keep all the proof of evidence that your relation is genuine

Terry77
8th May 2008, 15:31
Thanks

i think i will need to search for the boarding slips i got on trips i think i still have them plus my passport has stamps on it twice now

stuartfarm
8th May 2008, 15:42
Hi Terry,

Search for my post "We got married !!!".

It will show you the timeline needed to get married - We got married / applied for Lanies visa over Christmas / New Year ( Very busy and many days where various offices etc were closed ) So picking a quiet month would be much easier

My advice - yes get married in the Phills , it will be very important for her family , also much cheaper and fairly easy.

You'll ultimately be bringing here back to the UK with you so giving her family and friends a day to remember will mean a lot to them

You can always have a second reception here for your family

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 15:46
Hi all
im asking for help & advise.

I met a girl Jizel last September 07 on the net, and have been to philippines twice December 07 and March 08 although we are in a reasonably new relationship we talk every day and get on very well.

We are now talking about spending all life together and hopefully getting married in September 08 although reading through all the posts this may be harder than i think.

I dont know anything about marrage across boarders so any advise will help, is it better to try and get Jizel to the Uk or is it just as easy to wed in the philippines and return to the UK together.

I will be visiting 3 times a year to the philippines but would love to marry this year and so would Jizel.

Jizel does not have a passport yet and lives 100 kilometers into the forrest in Zamboanger de nord, so not easy for her to get arround, and i know she is looking forward to getting married in September but i now know this might not be possible and dont want her to get upset, so if anyone has good info for us it would great to hear from you many thanks Terry

Congrats for your future wedding!
While she is still in Zamboanga, she may prepare some papers or requirements to get a passport, and papers for your future wedding too. She can go to her Local municipality to apply Birth Certificate copy at Rgistrar's office, If she got it, that means she is Genuine registered at National statistics Office and she can easily file an application for an AUTHENTICATED one. She can also apply for a Voter's ID at Election Office in her Local municipality. This will serves as one of her valid ID's. She can get a Certificate as VOTER in that place if ID is not yet ready for release., She can do some inquiry at The Registrars Office regarding your future wedding too. The office will give her the list of Requirements on how to marry a Foreigner. She can apply NBI (TRAVEL ABROAD) in her Local Municipality if they have NBI office there. She can also apply CENOMAR at nearest NSO office. That is Certificate of Singleship and a requirement to marry a foreigner. She needs ID's old and new, Voter's ID, postal ID any valid ID for applying a passport.
Once she got it all, then it will be easy for her to get a passport and marry you:D
GOODLUCK!

Terry77
8th May 2008, 15:48
Hi Stuartfarm

Yes it would make sense to do it there as her family have been very good to me and we get on well, but just scared it will cause problems when applying to get here into the UK.

again thanks Terry

Terry77
8th May 2008, 15:55
Congrats for your future wedding!
While she is still in Zamboanga, she may prepare some papers or requirements to get a passport, and papers for your future wedding too. She can go to her Local municipality to apply Birth Certificate copy at Rgistrar's office, If she got it, that means she is Genuine registered at National statistics Office and she can easily file an application for an AUTHENTICATED one. She can also apply for a Voter's ID at Election Office in her Local municipality. This will serves as one of her valid ID's. She can get a Certificate as VOTER in that place if ID is not yet ready for release., She can do some inquiry at The Registrars Office regarding your future wedding too. The office will give her the list of Requirements on how to marry a Foreigner. She can apply NBI (TRAVEL ABROAD) in her Local Municipality if they have NBI office there. She can also apply CENOMAR at nearest NSO office. That is Certificate of Singleship and a requirement to marry a foreigner. She needs ID's old and new, Voter's ID, postal ID any valid ID for applying a passport.
Once she got it all, then it will be easy for her to get a passport and marry you:D
GOODLUCK!

Pennybarry
Thanks for the info i will ask her to go to the Municipality and get all the docs she will need, i think her aunty works there so she can also help her Again thankyou terry

Eljohno
8th May 2008, 16:09
It might seem like a lot of hassle when you see what is involved in the whole process so just take each thing as it comes along or else you will go nuts!!

stuartfarm
8th May 2008, 16:28
Hi Stuartfarm

Yes it would make sense to do it there as her family have been very good to me and we get on well, but just scared it will cause problems when applying to get here into the UK.

again thanks Terry

Shouldn't cause you any problems - provided you can support her and have suitable place for you both to live in the UK . In fact it shows greater commitment and proof that your relationship is genuine