PDA

View Full Version : A link which may be of use when using IM

andypaul
6th May 2008, 22:35
http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles6/messaging-chat-etiquette.htm

Posted elsewhere but full of useful information.

For months even years your main communcation tool maybe IM.

Its a totally different way of communcating to any form many people may have used up untill that time.

Piamed
7th May 2008, 08:10
Very true!

LEAHnew
7th May 2008, 09:11
In a casual environment, funky and humorous screen names may be cool, but not so in a business environment. First impressions count, so use separate screen names for your business related contacts. The same goes for your avatar; which is a picture/photo associated with your profile.

How about showing evidence for relationship,is it ok having the screen name funky and humurous?:Erm: I edited my profile at ym recently to put my real name but most of my previous emails and archives to my bf appeared my screen name:Erm:
which I used to do it for 24 months we're online chatting:Brick::doh.
I edited my profile now it shows my name there but the previous emails still my screen name:Help1:

Piamed
7th May 2008, 09:16
I suppose using your real name is best so that the ECO can satisfy himself that the chats are actually from you but I suspect that many use their screen names too.

kimmi
7th May 2008, 12:34
when I submitted mine Mare, its also more of a screen name..but my screen name is almost the same as my name..hope it helps..:)

andypaul
7th May 2008, 18:10
Im sure most people use a screen name as most common names are taken up.

As long as you could prove you have access to the emaill addy im sure it be no problem.

Its nots the ecos business to worry about you having a silly name particularly as its to lovers chatting. In fact if it very formal i think that more likely to set alarm bells ringing.

chino
7th May 2008, 20:46
most of my names on IM are mine or form part of my name apart from YSL5 on yahoo...

LEAHnew
8th May 2008, 10:43
Im sure most people use a screen name as most common names are taken up.

As long as you could prove you have access to the emaill addy im sure it be no problem.

Its nots the ecos business to worry about you having a silly name particularly as its to lovers chatting. In fact if it very formal i think that more likely to set alarm bells ringing.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I feel relieved now sir..Salamat:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: