PDA

View Full Version : Erm, hi!

squareeyes
23rd May 2006, 22:04
I guess I'd better introduce myself (trust me to post a message asking advice before saying who I am!)

I work in South Wales and recently fell head-over-heels for a colleague of mine from the Philippines - sadly it was not to be but I must confess to totally understanding their reputation for beauty within and without. I must admit that I never considered women from the RP before (probably the reputation of the mail-order bride business), but now I've met and got to know a real filipina I want to see who else is out there though it's quite eery to look. Currently I have an account at filipinaheart which seems to be light-hearted and fun.

Me? I'm 36 and a researcher and enjoy life and friends. Love sadly has passed me by due to an incredibly poor sense of timing (long stories) though I seem to do okay for short termers which is odd because I am by nature a family man.

Oh, and thanks for the advice and support to everyone who replied to me (http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/index.php?showtopic=793).

ivor&mel
24th May 2006, 09:11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill &#064; May 23 2006, 10&#58;04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I guess I&#39;d better introduce myself (trust me to post a message asking advice before saying who I am&#33;)

I work in South Wales and recently fell head-over-heels for a colleague of mine from the Philippines - sadly it was not to be but I must confess to totally understanding their reputation for beauty within and without. I must admit that I never considered women from the RP before (probably the reputation of the mail-order bride business), but now I&#39;ve met and got to know a real filipina I want to see who else is out there though it&#39;s quite eery to look. Currently I have an account at filipinaheart which seems to be light-hearted and fun.

Me? I&#39;m 36 and a researcher and enjoy life and friends. Love sadly has passed me by due to an incredibly poor sense of timing (long stories) though I seem to do okay for short termers which is odd because I am by nature a family man.

Oh, and thanks for the advice and support to everyone who replied to me (http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/index.php?showtopic=793).
[/b][/quote]
I can recommend Filipinaheart - that&#39;s where Mel and I met style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif What grade of account do you have?

Soak up the atmosphere there for a while, learn about Filipino ways, and how to recognise the good ones from the bad ones&#33; I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll have lots of interest from females on Filheart - just learn not to let all the attention go to your head style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel

kristleh
24th May 2006, 09:35
The MOB (mail order bride) business is really giving Filipinas a bad reputation. Some people see us as easy and desperate just because a few of us engage in that kind of thing. Don&#39;t get me wrong. There are many good people you can meet in the internet and eventually end up being together but MOB is just like selling your soul to somebody you barely know. Anyway, enough of my talk. I hope you find the right person for you at filipinahearts or somewhere. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif We are generally a bunch of good and fun-loving people just avoid the bad ones. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

squareeyes
24th May 2006, 19:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 24 2006, 09&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can recommend Filipinaheart - that&#39;s where Mel and I met style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif What grade of account do you have?

Soak up the atmosphere there for a while, learn about Filipino ways, and how to recognise the good ones from the bad ones&#33; I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll have lots of interest from females on Filheart - just learn not to let all the attention go to your head style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement&#33; I&#39;ve got a gold account there as I can message ppl and chat about things.

I&#39;m going to give it a while before I look seriously as I fell too heavily for my colleague, but it&#39;s fun meeting people without having any immediate objective. No pressure and all of that?&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif Let&#39;s see what the (distant&#33;) future brings&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

charlvil
28th May 2006, 22:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill &#064; May 24 2006, 07&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the encouragement&#33; I&#39;ve got a gold account there as I can message ppl and chat about things.

I&#39;m going to give it a while before I look seriously as I fell too heavily for my colleague, but it&#39;s fun meeting people without having any immediate objective. No pressure and all of that?&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif Let&#39;s see what the (distant&#33;) future brings&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

Hello Bill,
My husband is from South Wales as well. Hope for all the best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

walesrob
28th May 2006, 22:59
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chat &#064; May 28 2006, 10&#58;51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello Bill,
My husband is from South Wales as well. Hope for all the best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

The Welsh are taking over style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

ivor&mel
28th May 2006, 23:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill &#064; May 24 2006, 07&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
You&#39;ve got the right idea style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif There&#39;s a lot to enjoy and a lot to learn there, so no rush. To be honest, I got disheartened after my first foray into FH, and I let my subscription expire. But, I went back more prepared mentally and I don&#39;t regret it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif You may encounter a lot of chancers on there, but it works both ways: it can be a difficult environment to negotiate for both males and females. But if you&#39;re determined that you want a Filipina, then, from my experience, you&#39;re in the right place. And you&#39;ll know when the right one comes along style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 28 2006, 10&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Welsh are taking over style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif
[/b][/quote]
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NoNo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NoNo.gif

Eljohno
28th May 2006, 23:12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 28 2006, 10&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

There must be about 3 Welsh on here now so maybe be need to start barring some more before you try to take control of this site & then the world style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

charlvil
28th May 2006, 23:40
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; May 28 2006, 11&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

There must be about 3 Welsh on here now so maybe be need to start barring some more before you try to take control of this site & then the world style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif [/b][/quote]

I do believe that your not going to do that&#33;&#33; <u>THE MORE THE MERRIER AS WHAT THEY&#39;VE SAID&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif </u>

walesrob
28th May 2006, 23:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; May 28 2006, 11&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
then the world style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Well, we made a good start in Patagonia style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

squareeyes
29th May 2006, 12:55
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 28 2006, 11&#58;43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, we made a good start in Patagonia style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif
[/b][/quote]

Ah, but what about Pennsylvania&#33;

Seriously - in the 1820&#39;s, Welsh was as common as English over there. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif