PDA

View Full Version : photocopied or not

pagedown
3rd May 2008, 20:54
good day to everyone.i just have some few questions and hopefully will get some advice.im just confused if weather the bank statements,driver'slicense,purchase of the house and pay slips should be the original copies from my husband or will the embassy accepts the photocopy of this documents.i will very much appreciate any help.:Erm:

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 21:08
:)when i lodged my application before some of the papers my husband sent me was photocopied. check or call the embassy for peace of mind :)

members here who just got thier visa maybe can help you:)

all the best!

ann

pagedown
3rd May 2008, 21:14
thank you so much ann
hoping to hear more help from other members who have successful visa's

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 21:17
my pleasure pagedown...:ARsurrender:

ann

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 21:25
As a guide, you should include the following:

* Your original birth certificate.
* Your original marriage certificate (if you are married) or your original civil partnership certificate (if you have registered a civil partnership).
* Recent bank statements or savings books for your sponsor and evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK, which could include payslips to show what financial support you have.
* Evidence of your accommodation, such as a mortgage agreement or rental agreement, and evidence that you and your dependants can stay in this accommodation if it is rented or provided by your local authority.
* Letters from you and your sponsor that are relevant to your application.
* If you have been married or in a civil partnership before, one of the following original documents:
o a divorce certificate
o a final dissolution order, or
o your or your sponsor's previous husband's, wife's or civil partner's death certificate
* Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport or registration certificate that has been confirmed as a true copy, in other words 'certified').

We will refuse your application if we find that any documents are false.

it's better if you supply originals bank statements/payslips, he doesn't want to pay a courier to send the orginals later, so get it right first time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but for deeds a copy will do. and dont forget
he needs a certfied copy of his passport, most solicitors should do it for about £20-£30

pagedown
3rd May 2008, 21:29
thank you very much joe for the help!!!!

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 21:41
oh i forgot he should ask his employer to write a letter on headed paper,

stating what his job is, how long he has worked there, the number of hours and his pay.

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 21:49
and dont forget
he needs a certfied copy of his passport, most solicitors should do it for about £20-£30

The UK VACS Website says the following about the sponsors passport:

A full copy of the sponsor's passport including the personal details page and all stamped pages.

Joe, is the Certification of the passport essential?

Toks

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 21:56
* Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport or registration certificate that has been confirmed as a true copy, in other words 'certified').

that's from the IND website,

yes i think your passport should be certified, i've always done that for any visas i've applied for, never had one refused yet :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i don't think you need every page, as the solicitor told me. but cover your back, i would do all the pages with anything on and maybe just photocopy the blank pages..

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 22:02
yes i would say it should be certified. as on a well known visa board it states..

'Sponsor's Identification This usually takes the form of the sponsor's passport. If the passport itself cannot be presented, then a notarized copy of each non-blank page should be made by a UK authorised notary or solicitor (i.e., member of the Law Society).

If the sponsor does not have a passport, then the sponsor's original birth certificate can be substituted, although this would be considered rare.'

oh you might find some people get away without a certfied copy, but that becuase the case worker doesn't know or care about immigration rules :D, but don't take chances with a visa, it will cost you money, time and heartache if your refused over something like that

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 22:03
is that new now?:cwm34: coz when we applied for my visa we just photocopy my husbands passport's personal details and all stamped pages and his birth certificate no certification at all..

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 22:13
no. we applied for a spouse visa more than 3 1/2 yrs ago, and it said on the app then a certified copy of passport should be sent, or a wouldn't have wasted £30 getting a solicitor to do it :doh

as i've said, some cases workers don't know the rules, or don't care, thats why you will find some people who came to the uk 2 months after their visa was issued and still got ILR without applying for FLR .. just the luck of the draw :D

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 22:14
If the sponsor does not have a passport, then the sponsor's original birth certificate can be substituted, although this would be considered rare.'

My original birth certificate will be submitted along with full colour copies of all the pages of both passports and my driving licence.

but don't take chances with a visa, it will cost you money, time and heartache if your refused over something like that

Yes, you are quite right. Hmmn! I guess I will try to do that this week and courier it.

is that new now?:cwm34: coz when we applied for my visa we just photocopy my husbands passport's personal details and all stamped pages and his birth certificate no certification at all..

That was what i understand as the normal requirement, so it's encouraging to see you say that.

By the way, I also created a budget with bar graphs and pie-charts detailing my income, spending and balance; has anyone found that helpful?

Toks

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 22:16
no. we applied for a spouse visa more than 3 1/2 yrs ago, and it said on the app then a certified copy of passport should be sent, or a wouldn't have wasted £30 getting a solicitor to do it :doh

:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

as i've said, some cases workers don't know the rules, or don't care, thats why you will find some people who came to the uk 2 months after their visa was issued and still got ILR without applying for FLR .. just the luck of the draw :D

Yup, and you never know whether you are lucky or not until its too late.

Toks

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 22:19
maybe i was just lucky :icon_lol: when i applied last sept 30 2006 ..got my fiance visa five days after. no interview.. and we didnt certified all the papers ...some were actually photocopies like my husbands passport, birth certificate and some of his bank statements..

just to be sure piamed just follow joebloggs advised :icon_lol:

all the best!

ann

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 22:20
maybe i was just lucky :icon_lol: when i applied last sept 30 2006 ..got my fiance visa five days after. no interview.. and we didnt certified all the papers ...some were actually photocopies like my husbands passport, birth certificate and some of his bank statements..

just to be sure piamed just follow joebloggs advised :icon_lol:

all the best!

ann

Thanks Ann!

Toks

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 22:21
when we applied we used agency ..and they checked it at the embassy at that time and said its ok...

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 22:26
yes your budgeting would be helpful, more useful info you can supply the better,,

and from the british embassy website on the phils

'

What do I need to make my application?

You will need:

* a visa application form (see below) which you have filled in correctly
* your passport or travel document
* one recent, passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), colour photograph of yourself. This should be:
o taken against a light coloured background
o clear and of good quality and not framed or backed
o printed on normal photographic paper, and
o full face without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for cultural or religious reasons
Please note that we may not accept photographs which do not meet these specifications.
* the visa fee. This cannot be refunded, and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying
* any supporting documents relevant to your application as suggested in the guidance notes (see Application forms and guidance)

Please make sure that:

* you have answered clearly all of the required questions on the form(s)
* signed and dated the form(s) where asked
* any supporting documents you show are originals or attested copies
* you make your application in good time, but not normally more than 3 months before you plan to travel, unless you are applying for settlement'

so if some people on here haven't used certified or orginals then maybe they were lucky :Erm:

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 22:30
* [B]any supporting documents you show are originals or attested copies

Hmmn!, Oh boy!

so if some people on here haven't used certified or orginals then maybe they were lucky :Erm:

Yeah!

Toks

aug06_2006
4th May 2008, 13:20
Back to 2006 my fiancee sent to me his documents..almost all original with photo copies except his passport and driver licensed just certified copy.
Btw, good luck!

kimmi
4th May 2008, 18:06
Back to 2006 my fiancee sent to me his documents..almost all original with photo copies except his passport and driver licensed just certified copy.Btw, good luck!

almost the same with Sis Liza because she's one of my mentor when I am preparing my docs, I applied just last year..

Goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 17:05
Aside from the photocopy of his passport and driving license, what other docs should be certified by a solicitor as well? Does he need to send his original birth certificate as well?

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 17:46
i don't think he needs to send a certifed copy of his driving license

but original marriage cert
original birth cert
certified copy of passport

try to send as many orginal papers as possible, etc bank statements and pay slips

letter from his employer stating his job, pay, how long he's been there, copy of his employment contract

maybe copy of driving driving license

letter of support from him to you. stating how you meet,evidence such as letters, chat logs, bills, photos, plane tickets, hotel bills, etc

what his finances are, savings evidence,saving accounts, shares etc, pay, budget showing he can support you

accommendation where your going to live, pics of the rooms, copy of deeds, mortgage papers, rental contract, land reg docs etc,

your plans for future etc..

plus everythnig else i forgot to mention :D

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 17:52
hi Joebloggs! :)

nice to meet you! i'm being addictive in reading posts here .. hehe

that was a very very helpful infos! thanks a lot!!! thanks a million..

actually my husband is clueless on what to include in his letter? can you somehow tell me what are the specific details that he needs to include in his letter as my sponsor?

thanks again Joebloggs for helping :) :) :)

kimmi
10th May 2008, 18:12
hi Joebloggs! :)

nice to meet you! i'm being addictive in reading posts here .. hehe

that was a very very helpful infos! thanks a lot!!! thanks a million..

actually my husband is clueless on what to include in his letter? can you somehow tell me what are the specific details that he needs to include in his letter as my sponsor?

thanks again Joebloggs for helping :) :) :)

hi sis maybe u like to read this one..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2336&highlight=sponsorship+letter

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 18:44
Hi Kimmi!

Nice to meet you! :)

thanks for posting that link. I will send it to my husband.

I'm so happy with this forum. I'm enjoying reading posts and meeting new people. I will need lots of new friends here I think especially in the next coming weeks I will need some support when I filed for my spouse visa.

kimmi
10th May 2008, 18:47
U're always welcome sis..that's why we're here to share also our experiences..

Goodluck and dont worry for sure u will have lots of friends here..Count me in...:)

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 18:56
Got a question sis Kimmi, should he also mention in his sponsor letter about my current work? Im into IT and a QA/Test Analyst. Should he mention in his letter that I will surely have a good job in the UK once I get there and would have high salary as well because my skills/work is indemand in the UK?

I didnt find anything in the link that you gave me that mentions the wife's work or skills.

thanks again sis! :)

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 19:02
of course i would, i mentioned my wife is a reg doc in the phils, probably mention it in his finance section of his letter of support, stating what your profession is and that you would have good salary and propects in the uk and also that you would not need recourse to public funds..

kimmi
10th May 2008, 19:03
of course i would, i mentioned my wife is a reg doc in the phils, probably mention it in his finance section of his letter of support, stating what your profession is and that you would have good salary and propects in the uk and also that you would not need recourse to public funds..

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 19:08
Im into IT and a QA/Test Analyst.

another IT Geek :xxgrinning--00xx3:

there are a few on here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 19:08
thanks joeblogss. :) :) :)

should he need to mention in his letter this statement? "my wife would not need to recourse to public funds..etc".

just want to be sure of what to write in his letter. I'm gathering infos for him actually, summarizing all the things that i've read here about sponsorship letter. we dont want to get denied!

but with your help's guys I know I will get my visa with flying colours!.. I just need to be sure to pass all correct and complete docs to the embassy.

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 19:11
really??? lots of ITs here? wow!!! :Hellooo:

My husband is into IT too. He's a developer to some financial company and I'm a QA.. well that's where we met, during our training in London when I was sent off there for a training..

thanks for helping me really :) :) :)

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:14
Got a question sis Kimmi, should he also mention in his sponsor letter about my current work? Im into IT and a QA/Test Analyst. Should he mention in his letter that I will surely have a good job in the UK once I get there and would have high salary as well because my skills/work is indemand in the UK?

I didnt find anything in the link that you gave me that mentions the wife's work or skills.

thanks again sis! :)

Yes well worth putting all experince and qualfications.

Your written english is very good, do you have any formal English qualfications also worth mentioning if you do as employers like to see them and shows you should have no problems working in the UK if your language skills are more than adequate.

Have you looked to see if potential employers are looking to hire? Well worth investigating if you could show you had a employer lined up or plenty of jobs avaiable then the eco can put an even bigger tick in the box.

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:19
another IT Greeks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

there are a few on here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hey:Erm:

Το cWho συμπαθεί " I.T" και είναι ελληνικά εδώ;

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 19:23
hi andypaul! :) :) :)

nice to meet you too. i"m really enjoying it here.. it's past 2am here in the Philippines and i'm still up reading posts here :)

Thanks andypaul for the compliment. But I'm not still confident with my english :( that is one of my worries when I get there, you know I will be talking/conversing to a lot of foreigners! would be working with a lot of english speaking people and sometimes that scares me ...

Before actually I looked into some job posts in the UK and got lots of replies form agents when I submitted my CV. I even got some long distance calls from agents interviewing me, but they were all asking me if I have a visa. Sadly I don't have yet, and that time my husband has not proposed to me yet!

So should I start posting my CV again on job sites and print those emails by prospect agents when they email me or offer me a job?

thanks thanks andypaul! :)

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 19:24
thanks joeblogss. :) :) :)

should he need to mention in his letter this statement? "my wife would not need to recourse to public funds..etc".

just want to be sure of what to write in his letter. I'm gathering infos for him actually, summarizing all the things that i've read here about sponsorship letter. we dont want to get denied!

but with your help's guys I know I will get my visa with flying colours!.. I just need to be sure to pass all correct and complete docs to the embassy.

'recourse to public funds' one of the reasons they can refuse your visa for, meaning that your husband cannot support you without gov/tax payers help..

yes its worth mentioning in the letter, state the reasons why you would not need 'recourse to public funds'

your hubby could put something like
i have a well paid job of £Xxxx and savings of £xxxx , also i own my own home, and after budgeting i have £xxx month left to support my wife, so there will be no reason for 'recourse to public funds', also my wife would be able to earn a good salary in IT further reducing any risk of need to 'recourse to public funds'

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 19:26
hey:Erm:

Το cWho συμπαθεί " I.T" και είναι ελληνικά εδώ;

:Erm:
it's time i asked you andy what exactly do you do in IT? r u support or ??

i'm struggling with me db still , e-r models and normalisation :bigcry:

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:34
hi andypaul! :) :) :)

nice to meet you too. i"m really enjoying it here.. it's past 2am here in the Philippines and i'm still up reading posts here :)

Thanks andypaul for the compliment. But I'm not still confident with my english :( that is one of my worries when I get there, you know I will be talking/conversing to a lot of foreigners! would be working with a lot of english speaking people and sometimes that scares me ...

Before actually I looked into some job posts in the UK and got lots of replies form agents when I submitted my CV. I even got some long distance calls from agents interviewing me, but they were all asking me if I have a visa. Sadly I don't have yet, and that time my husband has not proposed to me yet!

So should I start posting my CV again on job sites and print those emails by prospect agents when they email me or offer me a job?

thanks thanks andypaul! :)

English people particulary in I.T as your Hubby will tell you care about what you can do not how great your English is.

The IT market for example in London is International.

I was at a large I.T office in the City of London today to see how a huge install was going. The companies I.T team both data and comms plus many outside companies such as oursleves were there many were from all over the world south africa, india, europe, canada are just a few. I heard two different Indian lanuages, Chinnese, polish, brazillian and many different accents speaking english on just one floor.

Watching BBC on Cable in phill is handy gets you up to speed on the UK and hearing lots of English voices.

Chatting on here will help and talking to your hubby.

I would think posting your cv and having a good look at the market would be a very very good idea:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Many companies will not offer you a job or an interview untill you have a visa. But just getting them intrested is a good step.

Mentioning to Agencies that you should be over later in the year and im sure many will be intrested.

Happy job hunting

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 19:43
I would think posting your cv and having a good look at the market would be a very very good idea:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks andypaul for that advise! :)

I will update my CV asap. Should I also include a copy of my CV in my visa application?

But sometimes I would have bleeding nose for speaking in english for hours! hehehe.. that is why my hubby is into learning tagalog. He even bought learning tagalog tutorial CD.

Where are you currently working andypaul in London? My hubby's working somewhere near Moorgate.

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:43
:Erm:
it's time i asked you andy what exactly do you do in IT? r u support or ??

i'm struggling with me db still , e-r models and normalisation :bigcry:

Im a manager now so do very little,I work for a major manufactuer from the land of the rising sun. I avoid databases like anything, I was speaking to lots of oracle bods today a bizzare lot:D Up there with lotus note developers:omg:

E-r models i see in a lots of projects i get involved with and i understand in passing same with normalization. I have even taken exams in database devloping and admin but when a subject :NEW5: like databases i avoid like a scouser does work:D

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:45
thanks andypaul for that advise! :)

I will update my CV asap. Should I also include a copy of my CV in my visa application?

But sometimes I would have bleeding nose for speaking in english for hours! hehehe.. that is why my hubby is into learning tagalog. He even bought learning tagalog tutorial CD.

Where are you currently working andypaul in London? My hubby's working somewhere near Moorgate.

Why not add your CV save a lot of typing in the cover letter.

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 19:50
I will do that andypaul :)

In just a matter of hours, I got lots of tips from you guys.. thanks so much.

We are aiming to pass my visa application next month, well after I received all his docs.

andypaul
10th May 2008, 19:56
I will do that andypaul :)

In just a matter of hours, I got lots of tips from you guys.. thanks so much.

We are aiming to pass my visa application next month, well after I received all his docs.

Best to prepare the application well one lady mentioned only a day or two ago (sorry i forgot who:Erm:) that they are very fussy with the order now.

Also as always check and double check.

The cover letter is hard to write but worth your Hubby taking his time over and remeber you can write a cover letter to explain your situation also. The more relevant evidence and information put forward the better.

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 19:57
Im a manager now so do very little,I work for a major manufactuer from the land of the rising sun. I avoid databases like anything, I was speaking to lots of oracle bods today a bizzare lot:D Up there with lotus note developers:omg:

E-r models i see in a lots of projects i get involved with and i understand in passing same with normalization. I have even taken exams in database devloping and admin but when a subject :NEW5: like databases i avoid like a scouser does work:D

your right about the oracle geeks, def got to be :Cuckoo: so borrrring and who would want to do it :NoNo:

it would put a scouser off work for life :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 20:06
Got a question, I read that all docs must be photocopied, that does mean even the pictures that I will be sending should be photocopied?

And also, should I put the pictures in an album or just paste them on bond papers with descriptions and dates?

andypaul
10th May 2008, 20:28
your right about the oracle geeks, def got to be :Cuckoo: so borrrring and who would want to do it :NoNo:

it would put a scouser off work for life :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But our scouser likes databases i guess and seems to work hard

We need you database developers and admins to save the rest of us from the perils and whoope do dah joys of data bases

andypaul
10th May 2008, 20:29
Got a question, I read that all docs must be photocopied, that does mean even the pictures that I will be sending should be photocopied?

And also, should I put the pictures in an album or just paste them on bond papers with descriptions and dates?

nope but i would send photos or computer printed photos that you can afford to lose

Pepe n Pilar
16th May 2008, 11:23

Hi sweetcookie08, you can submit your pictures with the dates at the back and where was it taken and put them inside a small white envelope (with subject- pictures)and put a rubber band. I have placed them in a small album but was told to remove them.