PDA

View Full Version : Life in the UK test

mrsfrivolity
22nd May 2006, 20:15
Is there anybody on this stage yet?

Pauldo
22nd May 2006, 21:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 22 2006, 08&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I tried an on-line version of it, and failed miserably&#33;

If it is still as I remember it is multiple choice and you can have as many goes as you line until you pass.

My wife got her citizenship just before they brought it in.

mupsuit
22nd May 2006, 21:52
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 22 2006, 08&#58;15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

we have a year to go - and would be interested to hear of anyone&#39;s experience in this area

baboyako
22nd May 2006, 23:34
I think there is a book you&#39;re supposed to buy - all the questions will be from that book.

I&#39;d imagine most of us (locals) would fail it - should be easy enough to memorise everything & then forget it all a week later.

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/iagree.gif

mrsfrivolity
23rd May 2006, 07:43
i have bought the learning materials that is supposed to come with it...but haven&#39;t really got around to doing serious work on it... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif yes. it would be interesting to know how it went for anybody who&#39;s gone through with it. I did try the online practice test. I was fine but I could have done better, sort of thing... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

We plan to apply for naturalization this year only because it just makes things easier travelling-wise specially for my son. Because he&#39;s Filipino, everytime we go to the Philippines, he has to have a consent to travel from his dad, which is not the problem really, it&#39;s getting to the DSWD offices to get it signed. You know what government offices are like in the PI, nightmare&#33;

I&#39;ll deal with it as soon as I get my driving test theory (30 May) out of the way. I&#39;ll have more room in my brain then... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Pauldo
23rd May 2006, 19:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 23 2006, 07&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I&#39;ll deal with it as soon as I get my driving test theory (30 May) out of the way. I&#39;ll have more room in my brain then... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

My wife did her theory about a year ago and flew through it no problems. Then she passed her road test last Thursday, first time. Her instructor has been telling her since December that she is nearly ready for it, but &#39;just one more month&#39; and she&#39;d be okay. So I told her in April; enough is enough, £40 a week, every week, for two lessons is mounting up after a year or more of it, so put in for the test and just do it, so she did. And passed without a single fault.

She was a bit miffed at her instructor, who, even up until just minutes before the start of the test, was telling her she was too nervous to pass???&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

mrsfrivolity
23rd May 2006, 23:38
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; May 23 2006, 07&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> £40 a week, every week, [/b][/quote]

I know&#33; i asked what the average number of hours a learner needs to do before they are ready for the practical test. 40hrs he says. Blimey&#33; £880 that is&#33; Had I known, I would&#39;ve learned in the PI&#33;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; May 23 2006, 07&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>She was a bit miffed at her instructor, who, even up until just minutes before the start of the test, was telling her she was too nervous to pass???&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]

wonder why? could it be because the more lessons one does, the more money they make style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I am not liking my lessons at all although my instructor is very positive and always end our lessons with something positive to say. He did say it&#39;s my confidence that needs building up as my driving seems to be on the right track. I&#39;d really like to get it sorted. I&#39;m annoyed at myself for putting it off for so long.

remontado
11th July 2007, 17:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo @ May 23 2006, 07:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> £40 a week, every week, [/b]

I know! i asked what the average number of hours a learner needs to do before they are ready for the practical test. 40hrs he says. Blimey! £880 that is! Had I known, I would've learned in the PI!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo @ May 23 2006, 07:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>She was a bit miffed at her instructor, who, even up until just minutes before the start of the test, was telling her she was too nervous to pass???!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

wonder why? could it be because the more lessons one does, the more money they make style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

I am not liking my lessons at all although my instructor is very positive and always end our lessons with something positive to say. He did say it's my confidence that needs building up as my driving seems to be on the right track. I'd really like to get it sorted. I'm annoyed at myself for putting it off for so long.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I have applied myself for the test and passed it. I have read the book once and then went through help material that I bought. That helped a lot and eased the boring typical book study.