PDA

View Full Version : Solar power in the phils

subseastu
2nd May 2008, 14:45
Afternnon all

I've been sitting thinking about the wife's family and the fact that most of them are on or under the bread line. We help where we can but sometimes it doesn't feel enough. Some of her brothers and sisters don't even have 'lecy to their nipa huts so no lights apart from their petrol lamps, jam jar with lint in the top. (Great idea in a bamboo house!)

So does anyone know of any renewable energy programs in the phils? I'm thinking solar panels (photovoltaics), possibly wind turbine. Goverment programs / grants or supplers. If its goverment linked would they maintain the system?

I'm not talking about supplying a whole barrio but individual homes though thinking about it barrio supply would be a good thing to. No monthly 'lecy bill just the initial outlay of the system and of course no worries about brown outs and them not being able to afford gas for the genorator. (not that they've got one of them anyway)

The clan are on western samar for info.

keithAngel
2nd May 2008, 15:43
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=6854
ealier thread

subseastu
2nd May 2008, 15:57
Ta

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 16:13
Just wire the bicycle to the lights, keep the kids fit :)

andypaul
2nd May 2008, 17:36
Just wire the bicycle to the lights, keep the kids fit :)

is that how all the Scousers in harry enfield got perms with faulty wiring from their bikes:Erm::D

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 18:31
We African pubes as hairpieces :)

andypaul
2nd May 2008, 18:57
We use African pubes as hairpieces :)

Do they mind (The africans that is?)

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 20:17
Do they mind (The africans that is?)
Only when they fall off our heads....

andypaul