PDA

View Full Version : Gift For First Visit?

tim34
22nd May 2006, 18:49
Hi All,

Me again the love struck southern softie!

On my visit in 12 days time i have been invited to the parents house for meal etc. I would like to take a gift along etc for the in laws as a sign of my appreciation etc.

I dont want to go overboard and look like i,m "buying" my way in but something really to say thankyou for there hospitality.

Anybody have any ideas?

deepete
22nd May 2006, 19:00
If your going via Dubai you can get some nice 22 crt gold earings from about £15 and some black label johhny walker whisky for the old man.Dont bother with the single malts as I dont think they have refined tastes in scotch. Chocolate s all right but it melts quick and you have to keep it in a fridge, I find that always ruins the taste.

Other then that anything with a british tag, including marks and sparks.

Peter

ervenescence
22nd May 2006, 23:05
Any lil souvenirs from your place with a tag England or UK on it will do, like baseball cap, mug, shirts, keyring, etc... Box of chocolates is an additional point as of those are one of the most popular gift (pasalubong) in the Philippines.

baboyako
22nd May 2006, 23:28
On my first visit I thought I'd impress the in-laws to be by taking a 800g box of chocs from 'La Maison du Chocolat' on piccadilly (120quid).

Needles to say her cousins scoffed the lot style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious3.gif . That was the last ever pasalubong I bought - I leave it to honey ko now. 90peso t-shirts is all they get now style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/NEW3.gif .

Eljohno
22nd May 2006, 23:37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; May 22 2006, 11&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any lil souvenirs from your place with a tag England or UK on it will do, like baseball cap, mug, shirts, keyring, etc... Box of chocolates is an additional point as of those are one of the most popular gift (pasalubong) in the Philippines.
[/b][/quote]

I agree anything with the name of your town or country on it always goes well.

Try not to go over the top and buy tons of things as this might be expected of you everytime you go&#33;&#33;

Admin
23rd May 2006, 08:37
Just take a LOT of UK made chocolate. Cadburys, quality street, roses, etc. They go down very well.

ivor&mel
23rd May 2006, 08:47
Chocolate is always a good bet, but no need to overdo it (wasn&#39;t there another thread about this recently?). If you want something English, try Thorntons if they would be appreciated; or Cadbury&#39;s if it&#39;s just for scoffing. You can buy Cadbury&#39;s in a supermarket over there of course... very cheaply... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif You might even consider buying from duty free before your flight or at your transit stop.

Ivor and Mel