PDA

View Full Version : Cheap UMPC

Kismet
29th April 2008, 07:23
I currently thinking of buying a cheap UMPC. i stumbled upon the ASUS EEE PC. Is it worth looking into? I am not a power user. I only use a computer for internet and some officework that i bring home. I use internet in cafes. With broadband getting cheaper and cheaper in the Philippines, i thought having my own PC is a good idea.

andypaul
29th April 2008, 22:02
EEE pcs are very handy now in unix or xp versions

very self contained and easy to use the screen is small and the keyboard a little bit small but not unworkable unless you have
huge hands and you can always use exernal keyboard and montior if needed.

All the people i know use these say they do the job and many love them

heres a good site to read on them

http://www.eeeuser.com/

andypaul
29th April 2008, 22:14
http://honeypothack.com/eee/

ps road test it here well heres the orignal op system

Kismet
1st May 2008, 03:50
Thank you Andypaul. I will look into it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
1st May 2008, 08:01
My co-worker has the asus laptop. it works well for her, i even had the chance to use it a few times. it is okay.

the best thing about it - it is so small that people wont even think you have a laptop in your bag. and cheap too.

andypaul
1st May 2008, 17:38
My co-worker has the asus laptop. it works well for her, i even had the chance to use it a few times. it is okay.

the best thing about it - it is so small that people wont even think you have a laptop in your bag. and cheap too.

Exactly we find very handy in phill is that its easy to hide for security.

If yo just work on the internet and basic documents its all you need. Well thats what our family have used.

The fact it starts up so fast also helps and harddisks have a tendecy to die quickly in phill due to the heat and humidty so not having one is very handy.
The newer versions are very nice as well for what they are, and should be better when the Atom processors are used.

jencha8569
2nd May 2008, 08:20
Exactly we find very handy in phill is that its easy to hide for security.

If yo just work on the internet and basic documents its all you need. Well thats what our family have used.

The fact it starts up so fast also helps and harddisks have a tendecy to die quickly in phill due to the heat and humidty so not having one is very handy.
The newer versions are very nice as well for what they are, and should be better when the Atom processors are used.

your a wizard :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

Kismet
3rd May 2008, 02:53
I have asked in the shops, no Atom versions here.

Yes, it is very small and cheap too. It is hard to hide a regualr sized laptops. This is why UMPC is a good choice for few PC users especially here in manila. it is very tempting to snatchers to grab your laptop bag. I have started looking for other UMPCs but other brands are expensive.

thank you for the information :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
3rd May 2008, 06:52
Atom not yet out anywhere and i think only going to be in the newer version. We sorted the family out did not have and its way above the basic needs they have.