http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1368&tag=nl.e589

both sps vista and xp have the same problem:doh

chino
7th May 2008, 21:45
not out yet.... :(

andypaul
7th May 2008, 21:53
not out yet.... :(

just updated a trial pc at home and about to reboot, was out a few days back on windows update.

andypaul
7th May 2008, 23:33
laptop still running yet to explode

chino
8th May 2008, 21:08
might have to upgrade...

andypaul
8th May 2008, 21:48
might have to upgrade...

its a vanilla upgrade from what i have seen and read
nothing compared to sp2

walesrob
8th May 2008, 22:10
its a vanilla upgrade from what i have seen and read
nothing compared to sp2

Vanilla? Blimey that sounds dodgy! :Rasp:

andypaul
8th May 2008, 23:20
Vanilla? Blimey that sounds dodgy! :Rasp:

sorry bit of a yankism, but after all the wait it has nothing really groundbreaking on it.

Rob hows the studies going?

chino
9th May 2008, 00:04
still not upgraded yet... been busy fitting a flatscreen - will do tomz.

walesrob
9th May 2008, 16:12
Rob hows the studies going?

Ah yeah, still getting to grips with what makes CPU's tick, things like multi-threading, dual core, FSB, Northgate, Southgate, pipelining, buffer errors :Rasp:

joebloggs
9th May 2008, 16:47
Ah yeah, still getting to grips with what makes CPU's tick, things like multi-threading, dual core, FSB, Northgate, Southgate, pipelining, buffer errors :Rasp:

your lucky rob, i'm struggling still with 1st,2nd and 3rd normal forms in databases, :doh and i've got an assignment to do by sunday night :ARsurrender:

andypaul
9th May 2008, 18:27

Once you got the A plus sorted it will really give you a good grounding to bulid on.

Saw some very nice Jobs which the minimum requirments were N plus and A plus:xxgrinning--00xx3: These jobs were well above the level which these certs are asssociated with, but if you dont have them. Some companies simply are not intrested as your filtered out at the HR level before the technical manager even has a look at your CV (wheter thats right or wrong is another matter but its what happens)

Good luck with the studies Sir