PDA

View Full Version : world cup

ervenescence
11th May 2006, 10:46
Guys tell me what your say about this kid Theo Walcott for the world cup squad.

My husband said that theres something in Sven-Goran's head, he just messing about.

But we&#39;ll never know maybe he&#39;s one of the fantastic player. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

btw.. I love Thierry Henry

Admin
11th May 2006, 11:04
Their is something in Sven&#39;s head.....AIR style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

I think if we have qualified by the last match, he&#39;ll bring Theo on for 20 mins. Never seen him play, but if Wenger rates him highly, he&#39;s seldom wrong.

ivor&mel
11th May 2006, 12:06
It&#39;s a bold move picking Walcott. Just hope he doesn&#39;t get too much expectation placed on his shoulders, but he seems to be handling the situation well so far. Few people here have seen him play, and even fewer abroad, so he does have a surprise element that might make him useful as a sub. He&#39;s talented... and he&#39;s fast... Definitely one for the future if he survives this WC.

Eljohno
11th May 2006, 19:32
It will be a risk but Sven is not bothered as he will be leaving straight after the world cup anyway. I think it is a good move as we know what we get with Defoe & Bent anyway and this kid could shine in the world cup. Although i think we are thin on the ground with the strikers with really only Owen as the proven goal scorer, Crouch is a good player but i do not think he will get plenty of goals and Rooney might not even be fit

equaliser
12th May 2006, 00:08
I didn&#39;t think Sven was such a gambler. Only taking 4 strikers ; 2 injured , 1 beanpole , and a schoolboy that he has never seen playing

Still it could be good. If England actually won it , they would talk about it for another 40 years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

ivor&mel
12th May 2006, 10:33
For all armchair Stattos out there, someone posted a link to an Excel spreadsheet for the WC (http://www.myscifi.co.uk/wcup.xls) on another Forum yesterday. Looks quite good: far exceeds MY Excel skills, anyway&#33;

Ivor and Mel