PDA

View Full Version : Forum

Admin
11th May 2006, 08:26
The Forum should be working OK now, let me know if it isn't.

I was going to move the domain but too much hassle while on my hols.

ervenescence
11th May 2006, 09:19
Yes thanks goodness style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

walesrob
11th May 2006, 10:02
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; May 11 2006, 08&#58;26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Forum should be working OK now, let me know if it isn&#39;t.

[/b][/quote]

Hooray, the wheels are turning once again.

Big thanks to Keith for getting it going again, even though he&#39;s on holiday in Sunny Singapore.

mupsuit
11th May 2006, 10:13
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; May 11 2006, 08&#58;26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Forum should be working OK now, let me know if it isn&#39;t.

[/b][/quote]

Hopefully no one allowed the Internet Scriptware attack on their own PCs - otherwise their PCs will be affected by various malicious spyware programs, file name SCMT16.exe - if you did downlaod this by accident you will find the file in c:&#092;windows&#092;system32

A useful way to determine if you have spyware running on your pc is to press ctrl-alt-del and if any process is running at more than 5% this may be spyware which causes, among other things, your pc to run slowly

walesrob
11th May 2006, 10:21
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; May 11 2006, 10&#58;13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

A useful way to determine if you have spyware running on your pc is to press ctrl-alt-del and if any process is running at more than 5% this may be spyware which causes, among other things, your pc to run slowly
[/b][/quote]

Another way is:

1) Take hammer from shed/garage/toolbox
2) Hit computer multiple times with hammer..

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif

disclaimer: Don&#39;t try this at home, it may cause injury.

Admin
11th May 2006, 11:02
c) Take hammer from shed....hit anyone called Rob who is Welsh style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Gotta sort the poker forum out now. Same script as this, and I think the hacker tried to do that one first, and cocked up, but corrupted the data. Plenty of backups......just supposed to be on hols now, and the hotel have cocked up with the room.

An extra S&#036;30 a night for a room with a balcony, but due to building work you can&#39;t use the balcony style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif Nice of them to tell us, so we now have to wait for another room in a day or two style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif ...and the buggers won&#39;t discount the room we are in, so a few things are going walkies style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

love8888
11th May 2006, 21:44
Have a nice holiday Ate Ping,Keith style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif

Pauldo
12th May 2006, 00:29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; May 11 2006, 10&#58;13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hopefully no one allowed the Internet Scriptware attack on their own PCs - otherwise their PCs will be affected by various malicious spyware programs, file name SCMT16.exe - if you did downlaod this by accident you will find the file in c:&#092;windows&#092;system32

[/b][/quote]

I had multiple virus scan alarms yesterday while trying to log on here, then I got an e mail telling me there was something new on the site and I would &#39;know how to use it&#39;. I&#39;m assuming it is all part of the attack?

My computer appears clear of bugs at the moment.

Admin
12th May 2006, 14:38
It was actually an old virus developed for the free boards, so most modern AV covered it.