PDA

View Full Version : using the right folder/envelope

frednbyang
9th May 2006, 02:11
Hello everyone,

This is Byang from Davao City and am seeking advice for anyone who have gone through their application. I am confused on which kind of folder/envelope to use in submitting the documents since it's very thick. I have collated the documents into 6 sections. Will it be acceptable to use one envelope for each section? Also, I have thought of using an A4 arch lever file with clear plastic A4 sleeves to put all the documents in. Which is more proper to use?

mupsuit
9th May 2006, 07:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrednByang &#064; May 9 2006, 02&#58;11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello everyone,

This is Byang from Davao City and am seeking advice for anyone who have gone through their application. I am confused on which kind of folder/envelope to use in submitting the documents since it&#39;s very thick. I have collated the documents into 6 sections. Will it be acceptable to use one envelope for each section? Also, I have thought of using an A4 arch lever file with clear plastic A4 sleeves to put all the documents in. Which is more proper to use?
[/b][/quote]

You have got the idea - ie you have separated your documents into groups - the way you present your information will then make it easier for the Embassy staff member to understand your position

You could use a plastic folder for each group and put a label on each to describe the contents

when we did it we just stapled all the papers in each section togther with a small note on the front of each section

ivor&mel
9th May 2006, 08:42
Hello everyone,

This is Byang from Davao City and am seeking advice for anyone who have gone through their application. I am confused on which kind of folder/envelope to use in submitting the documents since it's very thick. I have collated the documents into 6 sections. Will it be acceptable to use one envelope for each section? Also, I have thought of using an A4 arch lever file with clear plastic A4 sleeves to put all the documents in. Which is more proper to use?

Hi Byang,

Yeah, this is something that puzzled us too when we made our application. My preferred method would have been like yours: the arch-lever file with plastic wallets, and I worked on that for some time before realising that is not the way the Embassy/courier wanted them presenting. Basically, what we ended up with was a thin plastic wallet/sleeve for each section (communications... receipts... financial statements - however you feel appropriate to subdivide your evidence - with an A4 "contents" summary for each wallet) plus a photo album; the wallets then all went into one large brown paper envelope, and the photo album into another. Finally, we put both brown envelopes into a large heavy-plastic wallet.

Ivor and Mel

Irelandken
11th May 2006, 08:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; May 9 2006, 08&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Byang,

Having hand delivered our application to UKVACS, we had out application in a folder with each section seperated into individual plastic sleeves. The officer there asked us to remove everything from folders and put them all in one plastic folder they supplied, and staple them all together. Seems they take everything apart anyway.

Ivor and Mel
[/b][/quote]

frednbyang
13th May 2006, 02:13
hi guys,

Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif You really helped this confused girl worry less. I thought an arch lever file would enhance the mood of an officer since I wanted everything to be in proper order. But then, I realize it will only piss off an officer having to take it all out. Well good thing is, a brown envelope only cost about Php 2.50 which is really very economical&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

By the way, am glad this site is workin again. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

rhearose
14th May 2006, 00:08
Hi Byang&#33;Im Rhea from Ozamiz City and now recently living here in Northern Ireland.I know your thinking too much in sorting out your application coz i had experienced it also.But as long as you have completed all the requirements and put everything in proper folder then,it will go all fine.Have strong faith and think positive....... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

frednbyang
14th May 2006, 09:42
Thank you for your encouraging words, Rhea. It cuts down the stress-level. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif It was kinda tough deciding which things to use for the application. I even considered it like a project in college and after some time you realized your professor just want it plain and simple, after all.

I am going to lodge my application hopefully next week. For the meantime, I am waitng for some supporting documents to arrive. Everything seems ok and I am excited to send it off soon&#33; Though anxious, I am excited for the interview as well&#33;:D Gosh, I know it can be a nerve-wracking experience... picturing myself in an extensive grilling situation, I might just faint&#33; Heheh.. I hope not&#33;:D But, we have much faith in our relationship and am truly grateful and happy about it. Lemme share our motto, "If things go wrong, carry on". And no matter what happens, everything will be fine in the end. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif