PDA

View Full Version : birth certifacte

phillip
20th April 2008, 19:14
hi ive just made a big mistake i sent my papers to my fiancee last week they arrived safely but for some reason my birth certifacate was not there ,i have searched high and low to find it again but no luck.my fiancee intends to lodge her application on the 28 th april do you think it is wise to proceed or do you think its best to wait until i can get a replacement ?.please dont say its my fault for not double checking because i know ive made a big mistake .just some advice as what to do next .i dont want to put off the application unless we have to as the wedding is already booked for 8th aug.
regards phillip

kimmi
20th April 2008, 19:17
For me it will be better to send ur birth certificate so no reason for the ECo to deny her application..the more documents the better..don't worry eventhough the wedding is on August it will still be ok!!

Goodluck on her application..:)

Piamed
20th April 2008, 19:33
Mistakes happen philip. I was recently in a bit of a do when my documents failed to arrive within a reasonable time period. They dis in the end, phew!!

I concur with Kimmi; pop to your local Registrars Office and get a replacement. Filing without it would I fear, be a bigger mistake. Good luck.

T

andypaul
20th April 2008, 20:58
Like the others say go to your local registery office, my mum kindly went to get me a spare one when we were applying, so you dont need to apply in person if your busy. I think it takes a week or so to be produced.

A possible daft suggestion here, have you checked your Parents don't have a copy knocking about?

phillip
20th April 2008, 21:24
i had the origonal one from my mom i thought it was enclosed ,its just vanished into thin air,my fiancee is paying the bank tomorrow and planed to go to manila on the 28th of april to submit the papers,will it be foolish to submit without the birth certifacate,what do you think about posting it to the embassy when we have it.i guess its not a good idea?

bornatbirth
20th April 2008, 21:30
i just got mine from the local registery for £7 it only took 2 days to arrive,i did it online.
its £27 from the central government registery next day delivery or £7 in 3 weeks.
so it should be easy to get a new one!

kimmi
21st April 2008, 12:21
i had the origonal one from my mom i thought it was enclosed ,its just vanished into thin air,my fiancee is paying the bank tomorrow and planed to go to manila on the 28th of april to submit the papers,will it be foolish to submit without the birth certifacate,what do you think about posting it to the embassy when we have it.i guess its not a good idea?

it is one of the requirements, so it will be better for u to send it first before she submitted her application..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
21st April 2008, 14:23
it is one of the requirements, so it will be better for u to send it first before she submitted her application..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

phillip
21st April 2008, 22:07
thanks for all your advise ,the position now is i have got new birth certifacte and i posted today its going to take at least a week to get to my fiancee,but she has already booked appointment at the embassy for 29/4/08 and i dont think the origonal certificate will reach her in time so i'm going to email copy for her to include .Do you think it will be ok if she forwards the origanal to the embassy as soon as she gets it ,im just afraid everything is going to go wrong,please i need your advise.phillip

andypaul
21st April 2008, 22:34
thanks for all your advise ,the position now is i have got new birth certifacte and i posted today its going to take at least a week to get to my fiancee,but she has already booked appointment at the embassy for 29/4/08 and i dont think the origonal certificate will reach her in time so i'm going to email copy for her to include .Do you think it will be ok if she forwards the origanal to the embassy as soon as she gets it ,im just afraid everything is going to go wrong,please i need your advise.phillip

I would think the worst that could happen is they might ask her to submit the birth cert before as decision can be made and if you have a copy you should be fine in most cases.

I had just a photocopy of my passport which was not signed by a witness they can check up if they really need they are the british goverment afterall and have access to our birth cert and passport info.

So looks like the only way so he who dares rodney:xxgrinning--00xx3:

phillip
21st April 2008, 22:53
thank you andy i can now sleep tonight ,cheers

Piamed
21st April 2008, 23:24
Buenos noches! I must admit that i would not submit anything unless I was a sure as I could be that I had all that wa required. T

kimmi
22nd April 2008, 13:09
Buenos noches! I must admit that i would not submit anything unless I was a sure as I could be that I had all that wa required. T

I agree with u T, but we have told him about it already and still they wanted to continue with the application, the decision is up to them..:xxgrinning--00xx3::doh