PDA

View Full Version : Are they really in the UK????

Sangoma
20th April 2008, 14:46
I guess like some others, I would like to meet someone who is in the UK, for whatever reason they are here, and whether it made any difference or not to a visa application later.

I usually make some searches with the location as the UK, but it seems that they may not actually be in the UK, in fact I have only heard from one!

Quite a few girls/ladies say they are located in the UK, but often give wrong town info, like saying Plymouth is in Scotland, or London is in Norway.

I would not expect someone on the other side of the world to be familiar with the geography of Europe, unless they had a particular reason to be, but I would expect someone living in London to know what country it's in!

Of course, I'm not put off, just more careful!!!

Piamed
20th April 2008, 14:49
You would expect that. I have met many in da phils that think London, England and UK are separate countries. Actually, I have met many in the US who did not know the difference either.

T

aromulus
20th April 2008, 14:54
I guess like some others, I would like to meet someone who is in the UK, for whatever reason they are here, and whether it made any difference or not to a visa application later.

I usually make some searches with the location as the UK, but it seems that they may not actually be in the UK, in fact I have only heard from one!

Quite a few girls/ladies say they are located in the UK, but often give wrong town info, like saying Plymouth is in Scotland, or London is in Norway.

I would not expect someone on the other side of the world to be familiar with the geography of Europe, unless they had a particular reason to be, but I would expect someone living in London to know what country it's in!

Of course, I'm not put off, just more careful!!!

loot(at)taneesha.co.uk

1 - Have you thought that they might not want to disclose where they live...?:Erm:

2 - They could be scammers.:doh

On some sites, some of the posters, use photos of well known models or actresses. some do it for shyness, some others do it for more effect in attracting suckers....:doh

Oh... Well.......... Good luck....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sangoma
20th April 2008, 15:20
1 - Have you thought that they might not want to disclose where they live...?:Erm:

2 - They could be scammers.:doh

On some sites, some of the posters, use photos of well known models or actresses. some do it for shyness, some others do it for more effect in attracting suckers....:doh

Oh... Well.......... Good luck....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't understand why they would need to say they are in the UK if they don't want to disclose where they are in the Philippines, or for that matter the UK, as all they need to do is give the country not town.

Yes, scammers maybe, like Russians that all use the same message with the same spelling mistakes, and he same disguised email. :icon_lol:

I have seen what looks like obviously fake photos, and would never reply, and to be honest if I did reply and found out there was any lies involved, would back out straight away. Again there is no need for lies, pictures need not be given until later in an email or webcam, but to use a fake picture is hardly a start to a relationship.

I think that any way of linding a partner can be a very slippery road, be it on the net or in the local (which is a non starter for me as I don't drink), so caution and listening to others is worthwhile,