PDA

View Full Version : 'Lettuce ladies' urge Filipinos to become vegetarians

Win2Win
18th April 2008, 18:00
Three animal rights activists stopped traffic in the Philippine capital Friday when they urged Filipinos to become vegetarians at a public plaza while wearing only lettuce leaves.

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=349846)

andypaul
18th April 2008, 18:06
Seeing my realtives munching at a party in phill, vegetarians and Phills are two very sepoerate groups it appears:D

joebloggs
18th April 2008, 19:20
your right there Andy, i don't think filipinos know the meaning of the word :cwm24:

I've never been able to find much veggy food..

a few times when we've been in Restaurants, my misses has ordered me food, and told them to make me a dish, but 'NO MEAT' in it, only for me to see they didn't understand what ' NO MEAT' means :doh, so what do they do, take it away, scrape the meat off, and give it back to me :cwm23:

SAVE THE LECHON :ARsurrender:

andypaul
18th April 2008, 19:47
your right there Andy, i don't think filipinos know the meaning of the word :cwm24:

I've never been able to find much veggy food..

a few times when we've been in Restaurants, my misses has ordered me food, and told them to make me a dish, but 'NO MEAT' in it, only for me to see they didn't understand what ' NO MEAT' means :doh, so what do they do, take it away, scrape the meat off, and give it back to me :cwm23:

SAVE THE LECHON :ARsurrender:

A cousin of my Wifes married a Swiss man and he was a veggie like your good self. The relief on the faces of Lola and titas when they learned i was not was quite funny:D

aromulus
18th April 2008, 20:21
Can't stand bunny huggers......:rolleyes:

When I used to be a waiter... Many years ago, before I saw the light at the end of the tunnel......:doh

Vegetarians and vegans used to make my life hell........:NoNo:

Then my oldest boy decided to turn veggie... The only problem was that he hated vegetables.....:doh
So for years he only ate expensive Linda Mccartney packed stuff or protein substitutes....:bigcry:

Now I relish sitting at a restaurant, and if veggies are near my table, I exagerate the lip smacking noises and compliment the chef on the beautiful tasty meat, and ask him how long it had been hanging for being so tender.....:icon_lol:

Ah..... Revenge.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
19th April 2008, 06:52
[SIZE=4]Vegetarians and vegans used to make my life hell........:NoNo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: great they made you suffer :D

just like Man UTD make you suffer now :icon_lol:

aromulus
19th April 2008, 06:57
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great they made you suffer :D

just like Man UTD make you suffer now :icon_lol:

You are early.........:Erm:

Little Joe keeping you awake...???