PDA

View Full Version : My short story

love8888
4th May 2006, 11:05
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif I think we should one step ahead to any circumstances that might be asked to or happen to be in the future like it’s not quite easy to move out of our own country as everything must be legalized and to avoid hassle as well. I tell you my long story during my visa application and its much more complicated than anybody here ha ha ha ... but I&#39;ve done it properly even though it takes a long time to wait it doesn&#39;t matter at least all my document is clear.

I&#39;ve been out of our country for a long time the first time I got my passport in Manila they did not issue me as my birth certificate had an error (I was young that age but I didn&#39;t waste my time) so I went to Caloocan where my birth certificate registered way back and Caloocan registrar office just only issued me a certificate that they holding my birth certificate for some reason it was written in the certificate that they issue they kept my birth certificate,I think it was year 1992 and it’s not yet implemented the CCE ( Correcting in Clerical Error) that time. To make it short the Foreign Affair still issue me my first passport because of that certificate gave me by the Caloocan registrar office. Hooray’s done ha ha ha. So I travel abroad and work for 5 years. and then when I renew it there is no hassle at all I renew my passport twice one when I was in the Middle East then I return to our home country and resume my study until I finished it and then I feel to work again for abroad I renew it for the second time and that time I was going to Hong Kong and of course I got my new passport again and it was valid for another 5 years. And it never comes into my mind that I will get married with a British. I finish my two years contract and return to Philippines together with my hubby to be. And there we encountered lots of problems but I never gave up, somebody stole my bag and its contains of all my important things like PASSPORT valid for 5 years, Hong Kong ID, ATM Cards, jewelleries and so on and so forth. Big Problem init&#33;

Solution No 1

I file a report to the police near in my place and when they gave me a copy I went to a lawyer to get an Affidavit of Lost and I represent my police record to the lawyer then he issued me a Certificate of Affidavit of Lost indicated everything in there specially my Passport So I can get a new passport again.

Our plan was after the registral next is the church but sad to say that it wasn&#39;t goes on its because of my baptismal the Archdioses gave me one day to get it, I can&#39;t do that as we are in the province of Leyte we are very short of time to do that our registral date of married was 28 of May and 29 is the church wedding so what we did is to postponed the church wedding and do the registrar wedding instead for the purpose of getting SECPA at the NSO. I was lucky because at the registrar I was in front of the clerk when she did wrote and I gave her the write spelling so she did not copied on my clerical error on my birth certificate but I have to sort this things as well before anybody noticed it. The Registrar send copy of our married certificate to the NSO Manila and I paid extra to make it quicker than the usually 60 days of waiting as they said .So I was stock in the province waiting for the releasing of my SECPA and when I got it I went to the DFA TACLOBAN and applied for a new passport remember that I had still my valid passport so I think instead renewing of it I&#39;d better got a new one with my husband surname, I knew it&#39;s much easier got the old one but I am newly married so why not to get it, I won&#39;t get any hassle in the future ( (think ahead).That I might change it again for some reason when I reach at the UK. The problem my old passport is still valid? How to do that?
I applied a form to get a new passport and with my husband surname

Requirements:

1. Married Certificate SECPA by the NSO- I had that yippee&#33;
2. Police Report - evidence that my old passport was stolen
3. Affidavit of Lost -evidence that my old passport was stolen
4. Xerox copy of my lost passport- I was lucky coz I&#39;ve always made a photo copy of all my important document but that the only one I had more lucky
5. Birth Certificate –I needed to sort this one as the clerical error I mentioned above

They can’t process my application once I am not sorted my birth certificate so what I did attend first my CFO Counselling which held at the Cebu as the DFA suggested than I can attend while I am waiting but this suggestion was truly wrong for me ,it’s too late when I’ve noticed well any way and to continue I went to Manila Caloocan local Registrar Office where I was registered and I applied for the CCE Correcting of Clerical Error.

Here is some Clerical Error in my birth certificate

1.My last name
2.My father name
3.My middle name
4.My mother name
5.And their right date of married

Requirements:

1.Original copy of my school records
2.3 valid ID I gave my SSS, NBI, Police Clearance or any valid that you can show that your using the right spelling of your name
3.1 copy of your brother or sister’s birth certificate
4.Married Certificate of parents
5.Cedulla this can get at your local registrar
6.Payments I paid P 1,200.00 or more than that I am not quite sure how much it will cost now

You should brought with you all the original and the xerox copies and they must be 3 pieces of each document that your going to submit to them.The more documents you give as an evidence much better.Then I’ve always follow up by phone call as I live quite far from Caloocan I submit my application dated 08 November 2004 and finally got the result 17 December 2004. Yippee
Then I went back to my province to sorted out my passport as well but I never forget I did gave as well an original copy of my birth certificate at my local registrar where we got married and full out the wrong one. Sorted Problem yippee
Then the same day I gave both Xerox and original copy of my birth certificate to the DFA so they can process my new passport I paid P 700.00 pesos for the processing and P250.00 for the express. And while I am waiting my Passport I attend the counselling at Cebu as they told me told me to do that when infact I can do it in only one day at Manila and they will give straight away for the sticker and it was too late when I realized this, this gave me a lots of hassle too
As when I attend the seminar in Cebu as the DFA told to do so CFO can’t give a certificate as they want to see my passport as I haven’t my passport yet so I went back home. And when I get it I phoned them that I am at the air port of Cebu and on the way to the CFO as I knew that they will have a closing time at 7:00 pm but they said when I reached there I can’t have it as they were closing time and the person did my counselling was leave but I told them that I am on the way from air port and I did phoned and I don’t mind who ever that person did my counselling I have a record at here on your computer and I paid it and it is long way to travel from Cebu to Manila I need a consideration Please I insist that and they told me that I can get my sticker at Manila CFO once I got my visa .And they gave me my CFO Certificate hurray’s&#33;

I had my Embassy interview 3 February 2005.And got my visa 28 February 2005 as they did a local check and Hong Kong check as well. I was very relax not nervous during my interview and think that they are also ordinary person doing interview to me. I’ve enjoyed my interview he never ask me tricky question I made him smile when he ask me to sing my husband favourite song for me he like my awful voice ha ha ha. They did a local checked up and to check whether I was really worked in Hong Kong as I’ve lost my Hong Kong stamp but I’ve show him my one last Xerox copy of my stolen passport plus all the letters and envelop address in Hong Kong my contract work, release letter from my employer , he also see my old passport from Middle East. I’ve done all my documents in a nice clean clear folder and labelled it very organized .And it seems I can guess his step by step question he will going of ask me.

It would be better if you can do at once to change everything from your single family name to your husband family name it&#39;s very convenient for both of you in the near future when you applying here in UK.

Tips

Always ask direct those people work or staff in establishment your having a problem if your in doubt to those giving you advice by an ordinary people only. Like in embassy they always change the rules better to ask them as they will give all the answer or their website,CFO will also give you lots of information, as well the DFA. And always kept all the receipt with you

Pauldo
4th May 2006, 15:33
A great story, reminds me of why I loved the Philippines so much style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

I really get off on the endless, incompetent, brain numbingly unpredictable beaurocracy, unlike most people.
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif