PDA

View Full Version : At Airport

bobfe
4th May 2006, 06:19
Can anyone give me any idea how long Fe is likely to be delayed at heathrow for health checks etc.
Then I can schedule a taxt accordingly

Bob

truelove26
4th May 2006, 08:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; May 4 2006, 06&#58;19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can anyone give me any idea how long Fe is likely to be delayed at heathrow for health checks etc.

Bob
[/b][/quote]
hi bob&#33;based on my experience i dont have any trouble at all heathrow airport.i arrived at 4am in the morning with british airways and when i reach the passport control area,they just ask me what month we are planning to get married and if my fiancee is witing for me outside and i just answer their questions with confidence thats all....
so dont worry evrything will be fine.....just tell your girl to look smart when she arrived in heathrow....

truelove26

walesrob
4th May 2006, 09:06
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobfe &#064; May 4 2006, 06&#58;19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Bob, usually when your lady arrives for the first time at Heathrow, she will be required to attend a short medical, HOWEVER, as in Elsa&#39;s case, and others on this forum, the medical staff just sent her back to proceed through immigration control - maybe they couldn&#39;t be bothered or some other reason (it was 5am in the morning&#33;). You can wait for her just beyond immigration control and before baggage reclaim - they won&#39;t mind. I understand there are ways for your lady to avoid this medical anyway - for example she can claim she&#39;s pregnant.

Pauldo
4th May 2006, 15:39

Bob
[/b][/quote]
When she came into Heathrow, for settlement, my wife had to have a chest X ray for TB, but that didn&#39;t happen when she was coming in as a tourist on the previous visit.

I brought the mom in law in through Birmingham last January, and she had no such X ray or check up, just toddled thorugh with me. Couple of questions at immigration but nothing untoward.

Heathrow can be crowded and slow as buggery some days, empty and quick on others, depending on what flight you&#39;re on I suppose.

andypaul
4th May 2006, 18:42
The Wife was the only person on our flight who needed to go though medical control. Ie on a visa over six months entering for the first time.

We had thought of getting my wife a chest x ray from the local hospital before we left laguna. But decided agaisnt and was lucky that we came via klm and it was full of eu bussinessmen and people returning on a visa etc.

This sunday one of my wifes Aunts (who is a nurse back in phill) entered the uk for the first time and with the others coming in with her to work here for the first time they brought their own recently taken X rays.
They were allowed though once they were checked, so were not delayed to long.

Eljohno
4th May 2006, 21:14

Bob
[/b][/quote]

Hi Rhea just came through the Airport at Gatwick last Saturday and i was ready for the delay but it was very straight forward with no problems at so i would suggest Gatwick as an option instead of Heathrow for those who have not yet booked a flight.