PDA

View Full Version : Get a Mac

amibonkers?
15th April 2008, 21:45
Hi, I'm a newbie but let me say that Microsoft is past its sell-by-date and life is much more pleasant in the Mac pool.
Come and join us.

walesrob
15th April 2008, 21:55
Hi, I'm a newbie but let me say that Microsoft is past its sell-by-date and life is much more pleasant in the Mac pool.
Come and join us.

I think you'll find the majority of people still prefer Windows :xxgrinning--00xx3: and its nowhere near its sell-by-date. I'd rather set fire to my legs than use a Mac.

gracia143
15th April 2008, 22:04
You're absolutely right Rob. I still prefer Windows, most of the reviews written shows that Mac is crap. Sorry amibonkers.

amibonkers?
15th April 2008, 22:06
OK, if you enjoy living with viruses etc. You're welcome to it.

gracia143
15th April 2008, 22:12

Each to its own but I will still be loyal to Windows until my hubby decides we should get a Mac:D

walesrob
15th April 2008, 22:12

Haven't had a virus for years.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
15th April 2008, 22:18
macs yeah if they were so good why is it when i go to the apples office in london they are more impressed for example last year with my windows laptop and one of the amazing gadgets (yeah a 3g modem card) which when we tried it on there wonder macs took instead of a plug and play.

we have a loading of a cd and lots of fiddling round just to get the same device working.

In offices with more money than sense strangly most of the people stick with windows.

walesrob
15th April 2008, 22:21
If Macs are so good, why aren't they outselling Windows? :Erm:

bornatbirth
15th April 2008, 22:23
If Macs are so good, why aren't they outselling Windows? :Erm:

because they cost more?

andypaul
15th April 2008, 22:31
because they cost more?

hard to upgrade

joebloggs
15th April 2008, 23:25
go to any computer show and 90% of it, has been and still is aimed at pc's and windows.

limited upgrades and s/w compared to the pc market.

chino
15th April 2008, 23:37
I use Mac / Linus / Net BSD (no so much now) and Windows.... I do like Mac though they are over priced... You are paying for the design more than the spec!

KeithD
16th April 2008, 10:45
I don't get viruses on Vista :Erm: Unlike the Mac, the Internet is now seperate from the main OS.

Here's a list of the Hack/Virus fixes for the Mac OS......very secure indeed :rolleyes:
http://secunia.com/product/96/?task=advisories