PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: Vista feature designed to 'annoy users'

A_flyer
15th April 2008, 21:15
:yikes::yikes::yikes::censored::censored::censored: Good, I didn't want to go for Vista...
Microsoft: Vista feature designed to 'annoy users' (ZDnet - April 11, 2008)
SAN FRANCISCO--A Microsoft manager has said that one of the security features in Vista was deliberately designed to "annoy users" to put pressure on third-party software makers to make their applications more secure...
Read more here: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6237191.html

walesrob
15th April 2008, 21:52
UAC can be turned off quite easily. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hated Vista at first, but I'm getting used to it now, same to be said for XP when it was released.

amibonkers?
15th April 2008, 22:09

I hated Vista at first, but I'm getting used to it now, same to be said for XP when it was released.

Whereas, the Mac simply works right out of the box and these kind of issues don't exist.

walesrob
15th April 2008, 22:14
Whereas, the Mac simply works right out of the box and these kind of issues don't exist.

And so does Windows! Jeez, what are you an Apple salesman or something?

amibonkers?
15th April 2008, 23:01
And so does Windows! Jeez, what are you an Apple salesman or something?

Actually not. I'm a Mac and PC Consultant who got so fed up with the issues around Vista that I jumped ship. Computing should be fun and not something that requires all sorts of utilities like anti-virus, anti-spyware etc just to run.

Anyway, I've made my point. Enough already.

LEAHnew
16th April 2008, 09:56

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Same here...

I think most softwares designs at first are annoying coz we're still used to our previous application but eventually if we practise it and consider the advantages of it in our system it will be good and benifit for us IMO:)

KeithD
16th April 2008, 10:07
:icon_lol: Look at the official security warning site for the internet, more patches are added each month for Macs than any other OS.

keithAngel
16th April 2008, 10:30
Pssst.........Ubuntu.....Thunderbird......Firefox......are now real alternatives even available ready loaded as an operating system from a well known American laptop/pc maker on line now
with open office it is now easy to avoid micro-soft and all that sail in her

IainBusby
16th April 2008, 13:51
I hear that Microsoft are thinking of dumbing down the security on Vista cos even the pirates can't be bothered with it.
Iain.

joebloggs
16th April 2008, 14:12
Microsoft Corp. has dropped two strong hints in the past two days that the next version of its Windows operating system will arrive in 2009, shaving up to a year off previous expectations. It could also be a signal that Microsoft intends to cut its losses with Windows Vista, which has been poorly received or shunned by customers, especially large companies. Microsoft has long said it wants to release Windows 7 about three years after Vista, which was released to manufacturing in November 2006 but not officially launched until January 2007. Given Microsoft’s recent track record - Vista arrived more than five years after XP — most outsiders had pegged sometime in 2010 as a safe bet for Windows 7’s arrival.

Microsoft is targeting the middle of next year for some sort of release milestone for Windows 7 — the only codename known at the moment — though whether that would be a final release to consumers or an RTM, which allows businesses and resellers to start installing it, is unknown. Gates also said that he was “super-enthused about what [Windows 7] will do in lots of ways” but didn’t elaborate. What could those be? Microsoft has divulged a few things. Responding to criticism that Windows has become unnecessarily bloated, the company has 200 engineers developing a slimmed-down kernel called MinWin that uses 100 files and 25MB, compared to Vista’s 5,000 files and 4GB core and is so small it lacks a graphical subsystem. Microsoft has also confirmed that the operating system will come in consumer and business versions and in 32-bit and 64-bit editions.

Source: Computer World

walesrob
16th April 2008, 14:17
MinWin

The son of Keith :omg:

amibonkers?
16th April 2008, 14:44
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/talkback/0,1000001161,39385214-39001068c-20093171o,00.htm