PDA

View Full Version : Ilr

melmart
15th April 2008, 19:56
ill be applying for my ILR by late of this year since my visa now will expire until january of 2009.i want to know if what would be the next visa after this and when do i have to take the life in the uk test? to let u all know i came here as fiancee visa last 2006.

andypaul
15th April 2008, 20:00
ill be applying for my ILR by late of this year since my visa now will expire until january of 2009.i want to know if what would be the next visa after this and when do i have to take the life in the uk test? to let u all know i came here as fiancee visa last 2006.

Once you have ILR you can apply for British Citzenship a years later

You need to take the Life in britian test which is no problem for most Phills with very good english reading and writing skills:xxgrinning--00xx3:

plenty of test questions on here.

The rules are changing and im sure Mr Bloggs will know the latest.

Eljohno
15th April 2008, 20:34
The life in the uk test needs to be taken before you apply for the ILR!!

andypaul
15th April 2008, 21:07
The life in the uk test needs to be taken before you apply for the ILR!!

There are a few other ways and exemptions just for the record but for most as you say the easiest and simplest way is to take the test.

Eljohno
15th April 2008, 22:13
Oh ok did not know this, only that my wife was told to take it before applying for the ILR going via the Spouse Visa!!

andypaul
15th April 2008, 22:50
Oh ok did not know this, only that my wife was told to take it before applying for the ILR going via the Spouse Visa!!

Well if a person was over or under a certain age or had certain disablities they would not have to take the test.
You can also take a course where you have to show you have improved your english by a certain level and extra classes in citzenship are bolted on so you kind of do the test as you go along.

But most find it far easier to keep learning english at home and socially and take the test.

melmart
16th April 2008, 17:02
thanks guys! well i think ill be able to pass the test hopefully and get the ILR visa.let me know if there are any updates concerning this matter....

andypaul
16th April 2008, 19:17
thanks guys! well i think ill be able to pass the test hopefully and get the ILR visa.let me know if there are any updates concerning this matter....

You will be fine withthe test search on here for some examples and links to sites with more info on the exam.

remontado
17th April 2008, 09:26
Here is for you to try.