PDA

View Full Version : Bethany Christian Home for Children Talakag Bukidnon

jcjimc43
30th April 2006, 15:46
Hello Everyone,
I wonder if I could have you attention for just a little while as I wish to tell you a story.
Before the outbreak of the second world war in the Philippines a young woman came to Malaybalay to work in a local hospital as a missonary nurse. That young woman was called Louise Lynip whilst working there she cared for mainly sick children. In 1943 the Japanese Imperial Army invaded the islands and eventually made their way to Bukidnon and Miss Lynip along with another missionary family had to retreat to the mountains to hide. Eventually Miss Lynip and the other family made their way to the coast north of Cagayan de Oro and were picked up by a US submarine and taken to Austrailia and then back to the USA.
When the war finished in 1946 Miss Lynip returned to Bukidnon to continue her nursing and missionary work and by 1950 had moved to Talakag to set up a childrens home due to the number of abandoned and orphaned children requiring assistance in the area.
With hard work and sheer dedication Miss Lynip moved to her present location in Talakag which she calls
"Sugar Creek". The home caters for children of all ages from infants to teenagers. When children are brought to Bethany they very often never leave throughout their formative years as the home caters for infants with a nursery, it has an elementary school as well as a high school used by the home as well as the township. If eventually after graduating from high school with the correct grades the students are encouraged to continue their education through college or university such is the commitment of Bethany Christian Home for Children.
Today Miss Lynip at 95 years young is still very much actively involved in running the home along with her able CEO Mr Greg Longcob.
What she needs is for people of good heart and mind to sponser the home in general or a child in particular.
This can be done by making a regular donation to the home or by sending used clothes or toys etc.
You may ask why I am interested in a childrens home in Talakag, Bukidnon. I was fortunate to meet a girl Marilou from the town of Talakag over 20 years ago and even more fortunate when she agreed to be my wife. I have been a regular visitor to the Talakag over the years and have never failed to admire the good work and continuous progress being made at Bethany. The old buildings are gradually being replaced by new concrete ones and the welfare of the children is always of the highest standards. Funding is by public donation as although both central and regional government send children to the home neither provide funding. It's for this reason I on behalf of Miss Lynip ask for your support and I'm sure if you really care about the Philippines or it's future you will assist in this cause.
I don't want anyone to send me donations direct as I'm not registered as a charity rather I would wish you to contacy Miss Lynip direct and she will give details to anyone interested.
The Bethany web site is www.bethany-ph.cjb.net and Miss lynip can be reached at llynip50th@yahoo.com.ph

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this request.
Jim Cunningham Durham, England.