PDA

View Full Version : Metatarsals

ivor&mel
30th April 2006, 12:08
What is it with these metatarsals? Why so many injuries? I don't recall hearing about such things until Beckham did his in. Is it only English players that suffer? And at the end of season? And what exactly IS a metatarsal?! I heard someone say yesterday that it's just the big toe... Do they play too many games? Wear the wrong kind of boots? And why do the injuries always seem to occur as a result of innocuous tackles? It's time we were told!

I'll get me lunch....

Ivor & Mel

andypaul
30th April 2006, 14:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 30 2006, 12&#58;08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What is it with these metatarsals? Why so many injuries? I don&#39;t recall hearing about such things until Beckham did his in. Is it only English players that suffer? And at the end of season? And what exactly IS a metatarsal?&#33; I heard someone say yesterday that it&#39;s just the big toe... Do they play too many games? Wear the wrong kind of boots? And why do the injuries always seem to occur as a result of innocuous tackles? It&#39;s time we were told&#33;

I&#39;ll get me lunch....

Ivor & Mel
[/b][/quote]

The new lightweight boots, the soles are cig paper thin so ofer no protection.

Admin
30th April 2006, 15:54
I remember in the old days when we all wore clogs style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Eljohno
30th April 2006, 16:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 30 2006, 03&#58;54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I remember in the old days when we all wore clogs style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

I think they still do in the Dutch league style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif