PDA

View Full Version : Boro'

Admin
28th April 2006, 09:42
Well after that match McLaren needs to be knighted never mind given the England job......what did his players say? Passion.....that's what he puts in them.......what does Sven do....?? Bugger all, the English team show no passion whatsoever.

This Big Phil, wants £5 Mill, I'm sure McLaren would do it for £1.5 Mill

ivor&mel
28th April 2006, 11:26
Well after that match McLaren needs to be knighted never mind given the England job......what did his players say? Passion.....that's what he puts in them.......what does Sven do....?? Bugger all, the English team show no passion whatsoever.

This Big Phil, wants £5 Mill, I'm sure McLaren would do it for £1.5 Mill

Another great display from Boro, against a better team than Basle. But don't get carried away! McLaren still has not won anything - not even won lasting belief from Boro fans. From what I've heard, his "inspirational" half-time pep-talk was "Do you believe you can score 3 goals?"... and "Just go out and enjoy yourselves"...

I have a lot of admiration for McLaren, but he is still naive on the world stage. Let's hope he and other English managers can learn a bit of tactical nous from someone like Scolari. The world game needs more than just passion aka ranting and raving.

deepete
28th April 2006, 13:01
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 28 2006, 11&#58;26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have a lot of admiration for McLaren, but he is still naive on the world stage. Let&#39;s hope he and other English managers can learn a bit of tactical nous from someone like Scolari. The world game needs more than just passion aka ranting and raving.
[/b][/quote]

I cant make up my mind about Scolari, just hope they only give him a contract until the euro championships. Reckon he will have an interesting relationship with the premiership managers.

ivor&mel
28th April 2006, 13:12
I cant make up my mind about Scolari, just hope they only give him a contract until the euro championships. Reckon he will have an interesting relationship with the premiership managers.

It's his relationship with the press that I'm looking forward too! :BouncyHappy: Scolari is a great admirer of Brian Clough, apparently...

Eljohno
29th April 2006, 10:09
Well the English FA are not looking to good after Scolari pulled out so it could end up being a home grown manager after all.

Well done to Middleborough, i thought Liverpool were the only team to win after looking dead and buried.

Middlesborough for the UEFA Cup, Arsenal for the Champions League and off course Liverpool for the FA Cup. Would be a great season for English clubs if this happens.

Admin
29th April 2006, 10:28
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 29 2006, 10&#58;09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Middlesborough for the UEFA Cup, Arsenal for the Champions League and off course Liverpool for the FA Cup. Would be a great season for English clubs if this happens.
[/b][/quote]
Hopefully the FA Cup will go to an English team eh? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

deepete
29th April 2006, 14:09
Arsenal..."English" i dont think so, Tottenham has the most English players in the premiership so I hope they get in to Europe to carry the flag.

West ham have more english players than Liverpool, cmon you hammers

Steve Coppell for national team manager