PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying "Hi"

jaybee66
25th April 2006, 08:30
Hi, to all

Have just been reading thru some of the posts listed here.

I think your forum is what I have been looking for;

Friendly ,honest ,comments /advice from real people sharing their own experiences ,etc, instead of some cold self - contradictory comments from the H.o.

Just a Quick bit about me.

I have been in a relationship with a wonderful filipina since last year .

We met when she was in the uk but obviously she had to go back in compliance with her visa.

I went and visited her in the Philippines just before christmas,where I also met some fo her family.

We are hoping to be together again as soon as possible but like some of the comments. listed here in the forum , we are now finding that nothing is straight forward when dealing with UK immigration control.

So, enough from me ,for now, but you can expect to hear from me again very soon.

regards to all.

John

Admin
25th April 2006, 08:57
If you follow the advice on here to the letter, the immigration is pretty straight forward, especially now with UKVACS, gone have the 2005 Victorian rules......everyone is so sad to see them go:( style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Pauldo
25th April 2006, 19:53
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 25 2006, 08&#58;57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
.....everyone is so sad to see them go:( style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

Oh man, I so miss the subserviant groveling, the initiative tests to find info, the slapped wrists when you get it wrong, the endless waiting, the phone calls where you&#39;re hung up on whilst waiting to be be passed to someone else, the endless waiting, the snooty attitude when you visit the joint, the endless waiting, the aloofness of the people who WORK for you in the embassy....Did I mention the endless waiting?

And I&#39;ve been through the joys of the visa application process three bleddy times&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Oh, and welcome aboard John. There&#39;s a wealth of info to help you through the visa process here. And if we can&#39;t help you with that, we&#39;ll sure make you laugh a little style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

mupsuit
25th April 2006, 19:58
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John b &#064; Apr 25 2006, 08&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi, to all

Just a Quick bit about me.

John
[/b][/quote]

?????? ?????

you did not mention your sloop

and a progress report about grandfather would be nice

PS - not all forum members are normal - but welcome anyway

Eljohno
26th April 2006, 07:37
Hi John,

welcome to the forum, for sure you have found this place at the right stage of your relationship and if you decide this is the girl for you then make sure you study loads with all the info that is available at this forum and you will not go far wrong....

ervenescence
26th April 2006, 08:57
Welcome to the gang John B, people here are straight as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif I mean straightforward like the immigration. So if you need some advice, just give us a shout and we will shout you back . style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

jaybee66
31st May 2006, 19:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ervenescence &#064; Apr 26 2006, 08&#58;57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Welcome to the gang John B, people here are straight as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif I mean straightforward like the immigration. So if you need some advice, just give us a shout and we will shout you back . style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif
[/b][/quote]
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif
Hi to all you wonderful people - to the normal ones & the not so normal ones.

(Myself probably included in the later cateorgry&#33;&#33;)

Anyway,sorry it&#39;s taken me so long to re-appear but mundane ,such has work, have taken it&#39;s toll.

Well there are a things I need to ask but if I post here it will be in the wrong section so I&#39;d go and find them.

See you there &#33;

Rgd&#39;s 2 all style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

John