PDA

View Full Version : Visititors Visa

andyg130uk
24th April 2006, 12:34
Hi People,

After my wife's Settlement Visa refusal we decided to apply for vVsitors Visa 6 months is better then nothing.Of course another interview 16th May 06 I will fly out to Cebu 10th May Qatar and stay over until 25th May. The appeal has been applied for 13th February AIT have given Embassy until 29th June to have bundle of papers back to them, so much for 60 days as stated on website. The reason given for the original refusal was that the ECO did not believe our marriage was sub-sisting.Interesting really as an Appeal Judge ruled that all legal marriages are classed as sub-sisting.I remember somebody once posting on here about an ECO saying to the Filipina at interview "I suppose you will commt suicide if I refure your visa" Anyone know the name of the officer concerned sounds very much like the same one who interviewed Amet and said I am in no mood for interviews today, and do not look at me I do not like your face. SO KIND

Good Luck to you all

Andy G

Admin
24th April 2006, 13:14
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif The chances of getting a visitors visa for a first time applicant are pretty slim, having already been refused, I would reckon it is slimmer. But they haven&#39;t refused point blank, and offered an interview, so maybe some hope.

If I were you though, I would have used a solicitor to process a new settlement visa, rather than trying to fiddle your way through the back door, the immigration do not like it.

Pete was the happy guy who met some freindly folk at the embassy style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif

deepete
24th April 2006, 13:35
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andyg130uk &#064; Apr 24 2006, 12&#58;34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi People,

Anyone know the name of the officer concerned sounds very much like the same one who interviewed Amet and said I am in no mood for interviews today, and do not look at me I do not like your face. SO KIND

Good Luck to you all

Andy G
[/b][/quote]

It sounds to me that the interviewing officer was off his trolley. I dont know if you are able to do this but see if you can ask for another interview under the original application as you thought this officer was predujiced or ill, and he couldnt possibly make a sound judgement givin the remarks he made.

Other than that, it would be easier ,and quicker,to make a fresh application rather than wait for the appeals procedure. If they ask you why give the reasons above.

Peter

mupsuit
24th April 2006, 17:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andyg130uk &#064; Apr 24 2006, 12&#58;34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi People,

After my wife&#39;s Settlement Visa refusal we decided to apply for vVsitors Visa 6 months is better then nothing.Of course another interview 16th May 06 I will fly out to Cebu 10th May Qatar and stay over until 25th May. The appeal has been applied for 13th February AIT have given Embassy until 29th June to have bundle of papers back to them, so much for 60 days as stated on website. The reason given for the original refusal was that the ECO did not believe our marriage was sub-sisting.Interesting really as an Appeal Judge ruled that all legal marriages are classed as sub-sisting.I remember somebody once posting on here about an ECO saying to the Filipina at interview "I suppose you will commt suicide if I refure your visa" Anyone know the name of the officer concerned sounds very much like the same one who interviewed Amet and said I am in no mood for interviews today, and do not look at me I do not like your face. SO KIND

Good Luck to you all

Andy G
[/b][/quote]

Andy

this is a strange situation you are in - if I were faced with this difficulty I would email the Embassy in Manila -and ask for their advice - (rather than start a fight straight away) explain how you can&#39;t accept their decision because of the genuine nature of your marriage etc etc

Say you will be attanding the May interview - flying out specially from the UK for that purpose - (quote your flight details) and say that you would be available at any other time during that period in order to attand any
interview so that you can provide any clarification that would meet their requirements...

Take an "I&#39;m here to help approach" with them - polite but not begging -

By doing this you will either succeed by this approach and get the visa or you will get more information on whatever caused them to refuse the first application which will allow you to prepare for the interview

Best of Luck and keep posting your progress

andypaul
25th April 2006, 00:14
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 24 2006, 05&#58;48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Andy

this is a strange situation you are in - if I were faced with this difficulty I would email the Embassy in Manila -and ask for their advice - (rather than start a fight straight away) explain how you can&#39;t accept their decision because of the genuine nature of your marriage etc etc

Say you will be attanding the May interview - flying out specially from the UK for that purpose - (quote your flight details) and say that you would be available at any other time during that period in order to attand any
interview so that you can provide any clarification that would meet their requirements...

Take an "I&#39;m here to help approach" with them - polite but not begging -

By doing this you will either succeed by this approach and get the visa or you will get more information on whatever caused them to refuse the first application which will allow you to prepare for the interview

Best of Luck and keep posting your progress
[/b][/quote]

Well put find out the reason the Embassy gave in declining the visa. Then produce evidence to counter there points. They have to give legal reasons why they decline.

Please keep us all posted on what happens and let us know if we can help in any way.

Neil
15th December 2006, 13:52
I find that very distrubing, that such attitude should be expressed during an interview. I that was me I would take further, as he has no right to talk to anyone like that. Local MP a very good starting point. These people that interview, get above theselves-think thier god, they are not they are employed under goverment-the same as me.
best of liuk anyway
Neil

pennybarry
17th January 2007, 17:20
Andy,
I tried that and I failed. My visa was refused and all my papers sent to Home Office for some hearing. And I won a free ticket to any part of Europe and applied visit visa in the UK but they refused my visit visa. So I choose Holland and got my visa and met there for 3 times.
penny