PDA

View Full Version : Broadband TV

ivor&mel
22nd April 2006, 21:29
If you're tired of the same old stuff on UK TV, then have a look at PPLive TV:

http://www.pplive.com/en/

It&#39;s very Chinese-oriented, but (a) it allows you to watch live footie games online if you don&#39;t have or don&#39;t want to subscribe to Sky and (style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif no other reason, is there?&#33; Oh yes... it has Korean stuff for anyone whose Filipina has an addiction to Korean films style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif The quality is not great, but acceptable as long as you have a broadband connection - and Windows-only, I think....

Just download and install the client... wait for the Channel List to download.. then choose whatever you want. I&#39;ve been really impressed with it, but all I watch is the footie on sxtvs_sports style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

mupsuit
23rd April 2006, 07:48
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 22 2006, 09&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you&#39;re tired of the same old stuff on UK TV, then have a look at PPLive TV:

[/b][/quote]

Broadband TV

I think this is the wave of the future for TV - as BT progressively increases Broadband rates (speed) accross the country then we will be able to watch TV from all over the world

How long till the government realise the money spent on introducing digital TV may not have been such a good idea?

and

How long until we need to buy a Computer Licence (to replace the TV one&#33;&#33;&#33;) ?

andypaul
23rd April 2006, 11:16
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 23 2006, 07&#58;48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Broadband TV

I think this is the wave of the future for TV - as BT progressively increases Broadband rates (speed) accross the country then we will be able to watch TV from all over the world

How long till the government realise the money spent on introducing digital TV may not have been such a good idea?

and

How long until we need to buy a Computer Licence (to replace the TV one&#33;&#33;&#33;) ?
[/b][/quote]

BT it is said have had the technolgy to downstream TV for a long time, but were stoped by goverment regulations (to stop a monpoly of TV service). In london there has been a service for years where flims can be downloaded via a dsl link, can&#39;t remeber the name of the company.
I think Disney are to make most of there tv output avaible on the internet, which has peed off the british broadcasters as it will be released for free before its avaibale here.

In less than two years i would think it fairly normal to watch your Media Centre PC with Large Screen for Programes both Visual and Audio, for technically minded people. But will have to come far more user friendly for the majority to pick up on it.

Mates of mine living abroad and here in the UK regularly watch the football and say with a good link the quality is great, but soimetimes annoying if only a chinese cometary avaiable.

Admin
23rd April 2006, 16:16
BT & PlusNet are complete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butthead.gif I was upgraded to the MaxDSL over a week ago from 2MB to 8MB.....I&#39;ve since had 0MB for over 10 days......and they are doing little about it, complete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sex.gif

ivor&mel
23rd April 2006, 16:49
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Apr 23 2006, 04&#58;16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
BT & PlusNet are complete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/butthead.gif I was upgraded to the MaxDSL over a week ago from 2MB to 8MB.....I&#39;ve since had 0MB for over 10 days......and they are doing little about it, complete style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sex.gif
[/b][/quote]
You with PlusNet too? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gifI&#39;ve been looking forward to the MaxDSL upgrade, but having read experiences on the PlusNet forum, I&#39;m hoping the changeover will be delayed as long as possible&#33; Not really much point in a speed upgrade if all it means is I will hit the download ceiling quicker&#33;

Do you have no connection to PlusNet at all, or is it just the VMBU showing 0MB used? My VMBU actually showed negative download amounts for 3 days - they really inspire confidence...

Admin
23rd April 2006, 18:32
I&#39;ve had over 6000 re-syncs with the exchange in 10.5 days, must be a record&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Had to threaten PlusNet with court action before they done anything on Wednesday. They then passed me to BT, who told me on Thursday they knew I had a fault and passed me back to the ISP without fixing it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

So yesterday I sent a ticket to there CEO, hard copy going tomorrow.....now Plusnet today have contacted BT again style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

It has stayed online for an hour since BT had a fiddle, but only 164kb/s.....now I still do not know what is going on style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif