PDA

View Full Version : Gov. acted illegally...????

aromulus
8th April 2008, 13:05
Well........

Have a look at this.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7336360.stm

joebloggs
8th April 2008, 13:24
from the article
" But the government says regulating the number of immigrants to the UK is in the country's interest."

and

Brown rejects cap on immigration
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7324485.stm

:doh:cwm12::Rasp:

:ARsurrender::ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

its for those who were here already on HSMP, well another case the gov has lost :doh, well off to the house of lords they will go :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
20th April 2008, 07:52
From today's news.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7356990.stm

Although I would agree on some kind of immigration and Asylum control, I cannot help feeling that the Gov is targeting the wrong areas.:NoNo:
Now take the Ethnic restaurant workers..... I reckon that they are "Highly skilled" in what they do...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Somehow I cannot imagine a Polish or Rumanian or Latvian getting his/her head around a Chinese wok, or Indian Tandoori oven....:Erm:

A few years ago, while in Belfast on business, a couple of my colleagues and myself, went to a chinese restaurant next door to the hotel we were staying at.

We were surprised to find a young Irish couple as waiter and waitress... :omg:
We did ask a couple of questions about some dishes, and the answer we got was.... "Bland but nice"....:Erm:
After enquiring with the owners, about it, we were told that they had to employ some locals because of quotas.... And that was local Gov.....:doh

andypaul
20th April 2008, 09:55
From today's news.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7356990.stm

Although I would agree on some kind of immigration and Asylum control, I cannot help feeling that the Gov is targeting the wrong areas.:NoNo:
Now take the Ethnic restaurant workers..... I reckon that they are "Highly skilled" in what they do...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Somehow I cannot imagine a Polish or Rumanian or Latvian getting his/her head around a Chinese wok, or Indian Tandoori oven....:Erm:

A few years ago, while in Belfast on business, a couple of my colleagues and myself, went to a chinese restaurant next door to the hotel we were staying at.

We were surprised to find a young Irish couple as waiter and waitress... :omg:
We did ask a couple of questions about some dishes, and the answer we got was.... "Bland but nice"....:Erm:
After enquiring with the owners, about it, we were told that they had to employ some locals because of quotas.... And that was local Gov.....:doh

I agree they were useless if they describe the food like that.

On the other hand could you imagine the outcry if a bernie inn said we only want Brits as they are the ones who truly understand the food.
Many resturants i have been to have had all British staff and there are good brit workers out there but i'd rather be colour blind and let the cream rise to the top than have quotas or the racist owners.

Lets face it the only reason many Chinese and indian resturants have their own is they can abuse them by paying lower rates and work them harder. Also they can double up staff some on the books some not.

A show the other night had a hotel owner saying i had a british lady ringing up and the owner asked how would she get there? Well why didn't you offer her a room and board and then take most of her wages away as rent like you did to the lady from lavita? Yes i know she said the woman mentioned about the benefits but i think sometimes bosses overstate all that to divert attention from the fact they basically want cheap labour and not even pay the full minimum wage:NoNo:

I even know of a mate of a mate who recently had to drop out of the small hotel business west of london he was looking to take over, as the only way he would have been able to compete is to have basically cheap labour and some ghost workers as he described them ie cash in hand not on the books. He was introducded to the "agents" that could help him by the former owners:NoNo:
He didn't want to get involved so bailed out before the crash started thankfully for him.

KeithD
20th April 2008, 12:04
I think the government should be in the asylum :Cuckoo:

joebloggs
20th April 2008, 12:08
browns not backing down on his axe of the 10% tax rate, will this might be his down fall :Erm: , who the hell came up with that idea :D, those who the labour party are suppose to be helping are having to pay more tax :icon_lol::icon_lol::D

andypaul
20th April 2008, 12:16
I think the government should be in the asylum :Cuckoo:

They are its on the banks of the thames opposite st tommys hospital:Rasp:

andypaul
20th April 2008, 12:24
browns not backing down on his axe of the 10% tax rate, will this might be his down fall :Erm: , who the hell came up with that idea :D, those who the labour party are suppose to be helping are having to pay more tax :icon_lol::icon_lol::D

An evil tax changed which leaves me better off and the wife slighty worse off as she is part time and im not sure how it affects her bosuses yet.

What about the other taxs changes they have made charging non domciles who they suddenly realised spent more in the UK if untaxed benefiting the ecomony far more than the tax and the other one which has basically meant many rich have been selling off assets as have many buy to let landlords pushing the housing market even further into crisis.

Talk about not looking at the big picutre idiots:NoNo:

Can people now see the huge mistakes Brown made as a chancellor, which we will pay for possibly for years to come?

Piamed
20th April 2008, 12:41
On the other hand could you imagine the outcry if a bernie inn said we only want Brits as they are the ones who truly understand the food.
Many resturants i have been to have had all British staff and there are good brit workers out there but i'd rather be colour blind and let the cream rise to the top than have quotas or the racist owners.

I agree to an extent andypaul. I am not in favour of positive discrimination per se and generally believe in meritocracy. However, without some type of intervention so many with potential would never have the opportunity to become cream and thus would never rise to the top.

I sponsor a number of kids in da Phils primarily who clearly would, without intervention, never have the opportunities to shine due to limited access and scarce resources.

T

SuperWoman
11th July 2008, 11:46
I thought they wanted to kick out the illegal immigrants not set a quota? Changes every day...but for the immigrants already there wouldn't it just cause extra money and time to get them out?

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 17:44
The restaurant example is one I'd not really thought about before. To be honest, when I go to an Indian restaurant I expect Indian waiter. If I go to a Chinese retaurant I expect Chinese staff. If I go to an English restaurant I don't really care who serves me. Strange eh? In fact my local Chinese takeaway had an English woman serving there and I thought it most unusual.
I guess these establishments aren't allowed to advertise for staff saying "Indians only" or "Orientals only need apply" but personally I wouldn't care. It's not racism, it's really no different to wanting a butcher in a butchers shop and a baker in a bakery.

I think quotas would be wrong. Central government legislates that we're all the same and equal but quotas identify that actually we're not equal and so-called positive discrimination creates more unfairness than it seeks to solve.

andypaul
13th July 2008, 20:55
The restaurant example is one I'd not really thought about before. To be honest, when I go to an Indian restaurant I expect Indian waiter. If I go to a Chinese retaurant I expect Chinese staff. If I go to an English restaurant I don't really care who serves me. Strange eh? In fact my local Chinese takeaway had an English woman serving there and I thought it most unusual.
I guess these establishments aren't allowed to advertise for staff saying "Indians only" or "Orientals only need apply" but personally I wouldn't care. It's not racism, it's really no different to wanting a butcher in a butchers shop and a baker in a bakery.

I think quotas would be wrong. Central government legislates that we're all the same and equal but quotas identify that actually we're not equal and so-called positive discrimination creates more unfairness than it seeks to solve.

Many of the Indians cooking and waiting on you are not Indians:D

When i have gone with indian mates to a for the whites indian resturant many have no idea what the food is:D

Also many of the Chinese when the missus asks are not chinese.

Just as many of the Japanese sushi places up town have asian staff who are not always japanese.

So really all it is about looking chinese, japanese and indian same in many italian and french resturants.

Does a butcher or baker have a look?

Since the local chinese takeaway started employing non chinese people (this is once the area was engulfed with chinese students:Erm:) the service on the phone and counter is quicker and when they deliver it is far quicker now.

But did make me laugh when one time a white lady delivers and she says chinese and see's a chinese looking lady open the door and she says yes:D

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 22:18

Also many of the Chinese when the missus asks are not chinese.

What are they then? imposters?

KeithD
14th July 2008, 08:57

They are relations of Sitting Bull :Erm:

andypaul
16th July 2008, 20:59
What are they then? imposters?

Most Indian Resturants i have been to are run by nepalese, bangladeshis, pakistanis and even sri lanakans. The food in them is normally geared up to larger boys and resembles nothing indian mates have grown up eating.
When i went to indian resturants run for indian patrons the food is totally different and far far nicer more falvour less trying to kill you by chillis.

The workers in the Chinese resturants seem to be devided into two groups either totally chinese or assorted south east asians who look chinese from my wifes extensive research:D I have the credit card bill to prove it:NoNo:
For example in our local high street one resturant is totally mainland chinese and the other although called a chinese seems to have staff from maylaisa, singapore, phill,burma, vietnam and thailand, possibly hong kong but never the mainland chinese.
The one which is staffed by the south easten is thought to be proper chinese food by the locals as more chinese looking people go there and it has exotic dishes they don't know ie the staff cook dishes from various asian countries not the brit chinese fare.
The same happens in france it appears the chinoy we went to in a small street in a surburb of paris was run by people from vietnam my wife found out (we were in a hotel only for three days but by the end the wife was eating with the staff even though they barely shared a common lanuage apart from one of the daughters speaking English.

I can even think of at least two chinese takeaways which are run and owned by pinoy families in london(one near us and one in another art of london one of my wifes mums cousins run) but to the brits they are led to belive they are chinese otherwise it wouldn't be right init:D

andypaul
16th July 2008, 21:00
They are relations of Sitting Bull :Erm:

How big chief admin

KeithD
16th July 2008, 21:55
How....
Juss like that.....

andypaul
16th July 2008, 23:21
Juss like that.....

Went to the paper shop - it had blown away.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years.

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

A woman told her doctor, 'I've got a bad back. 'The doctor said, 'It's old age. 'The woman said, 'I want a second opinion. 'The doctor says, 'OK. you're ugly as well. '

'You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine. 'So that was nice.'

A man walked into the doctor's, The doctor said 'I haven't seen you in a long time'
The man replied, 'I know I've been ill' A man walked into the doctor's, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places'
The doctor said 'well don't go there any more' I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.

Went to the corner shop - bought 4 corners

'So I got home, and the phone was ringing. I picked it up, and said 'Who's speaking please?'
And a voice said, 'You are.' 'So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said ' Is that the local swimming baths?' He said ' It depends where you're calling from.'

I went to the doctors the other day and I said, 'have you got anything for wind' ,
so he gave me a kite. I went to the Doctors the other day, and he said, 'Go to Bournemouth, it's great for 'flu.

So I went, and I got it.' I was in the attic the other day with the wife. Damp and dusty.........but she's great with the kids!

So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house'. He said 'I'm not stopping you.'