PDA

View Full Version : the mystical 'requirements'

dave65
20th April 2006, 14:26
Reading through the various posts, the question of uk entry often comes up and i have seen mention of things going smoother if one meets 'the requirements' when submitting your application, where do i find a list of the requirements...im aware of the application form and the need for a file to show existance of a relationship but is there other ...stuff as well
i was a bit concerned to see that someone was turned down due to insufficent funds ...just how much do they expect you to have sat in the bank ...my money goes on the mortgage, helping support jasmine and all the flights to leyte style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif now it sounds like i need to be able to save as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

ginapeterb
21st April 2006, 09:24
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dave65 &#064; Apr 20 2006, 02&#58;26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Reading through the various posts, the question of uk entry often comes up and i have seen mention of things going smoother if one meets &#39;the requirements&#39; when submitting your application, where do i find a list of the requirements...im aware of the application form and the need for a file to show existance of a relationship but is there other ...stuff as well
i was a bit concerned to see that someone was turned down due to insufficent funds ...just how much do they expect you to have sat in the bank ...my money goes on the mortgage, helping support jasmine and all the flights to leyte style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif now it sounds like i need to be able to save as well style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif
[/b][/quote]

Stop Flapping Dave, you wont be refused entry for Jasmine simply because you don&#39;t have much savings, the key is a regular Income and proof that you can support your wife when she arrives, dont look too much at other &#39;professional visa experts&#39; they always talk about individual situations, that have no co-relation with yours, stick to the advice given, and on my website, and your wife will get her visa no problem.

You have read the website, you know what you have to do, just stick to that, ok, and don&#39;t worry, if someone was refused entry on insufficient savings in the bank (which I doubt very much that lack of savings was the reason) unless that applicants sponsor is not working &#33;, then it would make sense, but other applicants situations are not like yours, ok.....take care..and dont worry.

Pete

dave65
21st April 2006, 09:49
Phew thanks pete i am back over in less than 4 weeks now and cant wait ... its felt like a lifetime apart um ok so its only been 3 months but it feels longer i guess you guys have all been there got the tee shirt etc
i am intreagued to find out how hot it is coz in feb jasmine was finding 28 degrees chilly now she says even she is finding it hot style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

andypaul
21st April 2006, 16:54
Don&#39;t worry Dave, just to back up what pete says. You don&#39;t need huge savings or loads of spare income avaiable but you must (quite logically if you think about it) be able to support your wife and your self between the two of you.

But it is worth saving and tighting the belt now as it can only help your application but more importantly mean you have more savings to help look after your girlfriend/wife on her arrival in the UK. Theres the flight,a new uk wardrobe of clothes i doubt she owns many jumpers,coats etc..

From reports back in laguna its been hot as normal for this time of year&#33;&#33; I hope you have a good time out in Phill style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Pauldo
22nd April 2006, 23:12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 21 2006, 04&#58;54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don&#39;t worry Dave, just to back up what pete says. You don&#39;t need huge savings or loads of spare income avaiable but you must (quite logically if you think about it) be able to support your wife and your self between the two of you.

But it is worth saving and tighting the belt now as it can only help your application but more importantly mean you have more savings to help look after your girlfriend/wife on her arrival in the UK. Theres the flight,a new uk wardrobe of clothes i doubt she owns many jumpers,coats etc..

From reports back in laguna its been hot as normal for this time of year&#33;&#33; I hope you have a good time out in Phill style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

We never even had a place to live when my wife applied for her settlement visa to the UK. We&#39;d been living in the PI for years, but just told the embassy we&#39;d live at my dads place in England until we could buy somewhere.

We/I had a chunk of savings, so that must have made some difference, but actually owning your own home is going to go a long way toward helping sway their opinion.

As long as they believe you are a genuine couple, in a solid relationship, then they should be okay giving you the visa. All they are really looking out for is scroungers and girls of dubious integrity using guys just to get into the UK.

Admin
23rd April 2006, 11:12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 22 2006, 11&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All they are really looking out for is scroungers and girls of dubious integrity .....
[/b][/quote]
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif Wouldn&#39;t that be the English women? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif