PDA

View Full Version : How many times??

Eljohno
20th April 2006, 10:32
Forgive me guys if this has been talked about n the forum but after speaking to an English woman i know here in the Philippines she said that while we wait for Rhea getting her citizenship that she is only allowed to leave the UK once in the first 2 years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Is there any truth in this at all?

I know Rhea will of course want to travel home and i was also trying to plan another holiday this year.

I know one person who is trying to get a holiday to the USA from this forum but has anyne else tried or am i wasting my time?

john

Admin
20th April 2006, 11:28
They do keep changing the rules on this one, it was none when my wife came over 6 years ago, but that was because she married in the UK. This has no changed as our niece just spent 6 weeks in the Philippines having been here only a year.

If you are married in the Phil then as far as I know, the missus can leave as often as she likes.

walesrob
20th April 2006, 11:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 20 2006, 10&#58;32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Forgive me guys if this has been talked about n the forum but after speaking to an English woman i know here in the Philippines she said that while we wait for Rhea getting her citizenship that she is only allowed to leave the UK once in the first 2 years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

[/b][/quote]

Rhea will be allowed to leave the UK for a maximum of 90 days as I was told by an Immigration Officer at Cardiff Airport after our holiday last year in Hong Kong and Philippines, BUT I&#39;m not sure if this is the same for a Fiance visa?

mupsuit
21st April 2006, 08:08
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 20 2006, 11&#58;30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Rhea will be allowed to leave the UK for a maximum of 90 days as I was told by an Immigration Officer at Cardiff Airport after our holiday last year in Hong Kong and Philippines, BUT I&#39;m not sure if this is the same for a Fiance visa?
[/b][/quote]

I think the 90 days is the total period of allowable travel time during the first two years - can anyone confirm?

walesrob
21st April 2006, 08:20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 21 2006, 08&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the 90 days is the total period of allowable travel time during the first two years - can anyone confirm?
[/b][/quote]

I remember having this conversation with Pete, and he said the same thing. What I forgot to mention is that Elsa&#39;s passport was only stamped on the return flight, so unless there is a database held somewhere at Immigration of all comings and goings, how do they know she&#39;s been out of the country for XX amount of days, when only the return dates are stamped on the passport? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif Maybe its a 90 day limit per trip, unless I heard this Immigration guy wrong at Cardiff airport.

ginapeterb
21st April 2006, 09:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 21 2006, 08&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I think its 90 days out of UK during the 2 year qualifying period for Indefinate leave to remain, from Spouse 24 months to ILR.

But this can be checked out at UK Visas.

Pete

walesrob
21st April 2006, 11:03
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 21 2006, 09&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Pete
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve done just that, but I cannot find any mention of it anywhere, I&#39;ve looked on UKVisas and IND style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif . I&#39;ve also googled for an answer, but nothing concrete has turned up. Like Toyah said "It&#39;s a Mystery" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

andypaul
21st April 2006, 16:43
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 21 2006, 09&#58;43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think its 90 days out of UK during the 2 year qualifying period for Indefinate leave to remain, from Spouse 24 months to ILR.

Pete
[/b][/quote]

That sounds right from the reading i have done. Also the Spouse Visa is multiple entry visa ie within reason come and go as you please.

Eljohno
22nd April 2006, 05:48
I was told that the more times you leave then it can slow up the process of getting British Citizenship&#33;&#33;

Thanks for checking Rob and for the info from the rest of you guys...

andypaul
22nd April 2006, 11:12
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 22 2006, 05&#58;48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was told that the more times you leave then it can slow up the process of getting British Citizenship&#33;&#33;

Thanks for checking Rob and for the info from the rest of you guys...
[/b][/quote]

Well with regards to the SET(m) (the form to fill into get ilr) there have been changes recently this month a new form was brought out, as the last form had a section missing which had to be there for legal reasons.

As well as the requirments on time spent in the UK, its worth noting you need edvidence thoughout the two years that you have been living as man and wife. I.e apart from any holidays or business trips one of you is required to go on alone. You also need to have proof of various evidence, utility bills, council tax details, correspondce with offcial govement agencies,bank statments etc.
There is an official listing with the SET(m) paperwork. It was pointed out to me this has to be over the whole two years,to show you lived as Hubsband and Wife. Not just a few isolated examples.

I have been advised it is worth collecting and adding your Wife to Bills, opening bank accounts, applying for Ehic, your Wife joining a local GP. So from as early on you are collecting evidence that you live as man and wife in one joint address.

Pauldo
22nd April 2006, 23:01
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 22 2006, 11&#58;12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well with regards to the SET(m) (the form to fill into get ilr) there have been changes recently this month a new form was brought out, as the last form had a section missing which had to be there for legal reasons.

As well as the requirments on time spent in the UK, its worth noting you need edvidence thoughout the two years that you have been living as man and wife. I.e apart from any holidays or business trips one of you is required to go on alone. You also need to have proof of various evidence, utility bills, council tax details, correspondce with offcial govement agencies,bank statments etc.
There is an official listing with the SET(m) paperwork. It was pointed out to me this has to be over the whole two years,to show you lived as Hubsband and Wife. Not just a few isolated examples.

I have been advised it is worth collecting and adding your Wife to Bills, opening bank accounts, applying for Ehic, your Wife joining a local GP. So from as early on you are collecting evidence that you live as man and wife in one joint address.
[/b][/quote]
We did that right from the start; got my wife as joint name on several of our household bills. Get her a joint bank account with myself. It makes obvious sense to get her registered at the same GP as the husband too.

It isn&#39;t the hardest thing to get the citizenship either, except that now you have to show proof she can speakee the Eengleesh too, and her speaking English is NOT enough proof. They want documentation that she can. Luckily my wife had been to college as part of her attempts to start a nursing career, and had an English &#39;O&#39; level or whatever the current politically correct name of choice is for such qualifications.

And they want ever increasing lumps of green too, to apply for the ILR and citizenship papers.