PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the mire!

tatsahdasaygo
15th April 2006, 14:20
Hello all,

We're in the process of preparing and collating all manner of papers and documents to apply for Fiancée Visa but they always manage to come up with something I never heard of, namely "the original or a notarised copy of your sponsor's British Citizenship or Immigration status in the UK" any idea what this refers to? I am a British
Citizen and as far as I know, I don&#39;t have such a document. I should mention that my fiancée, although Filipina, lives in Canada and holds a Canadian passport combined with Philippine papers, she will be applying in Ottawa. And lastly (hopefully) would a copy of my mortgage statement for 2005 (as well as bank statements and wage slips) be sufficient proof of the "how you and your sponsor will support and accommodate yourselves" question? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Opps, also, does anyone have any idea how to create a document out of SMS text messages? I have the odd hundred or three but am on "Pay as you go&#39; and don&#39;t have itemised bills to fall back on, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am also suffering the separation blues, its been 3 months now and, if anything, it just gets harder being apart.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Paul.

walesrob
15th April 2006, 16:28
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tatsahdasay &#064; Apr 15 2006, 02&#58;20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello all,

We&#39;re in the process of preparing and collating all manner of papers and documents to apply for Fiancée Visa but they always manage to come up with something I never heard of, namely "the original or a notarised copy of your sponsor&#39;s British Citizenship or Immigration status in the UK" any idea what this refers to? I am a British
Citizen and as far as I know, I don&#39;t have such a document. I should mention that my fiancée, although Filipina, lives in Canada and holds a Canadian passport combined with Philippine papers, she will be applying in Ottawa. And lastly (hopefully) would a copy of my mortgage statement for 2005 (as well as bank statements and wage slips) be sufficient proof of the "how you and your sponsor will support and accommodate yourselves" question? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Opps, also, does anyone have any idea how to create a document out of SMS text messages? I have the odd hundred or three but am on "Pay as you go&#39; and don&#39;t have itemised bills to fall back on, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I am also suffering the separation blues, its been 3 months now and, if anything, it just gets harder being apart.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Paul.
[/b][/quote]

Hi Paul,

Welcome to FilipinoUK, we&#39;re a friendly bunch here, we&#39;ve all been there and done that, so I&#39;m sure we can help with any questions you have.

Ok, to answer your first question: "the original or a notarised copy of your sponsor&#39;s British Citizenship or Immigration status in the UK" That would be your passport. You can get photocopies of your passport notarised at a local solicitor, will cost between £10- £20.

A copy of your mortgage statement will be fine, along with bank statements, payslips, etc.

Good luck with the visa process - let us know how you get on. I know what you mean about the seperation - it can be painful, but as any member of this forum will tell you, it&#39;s worth the hassle in the end when your lady is here with you in the UK. Good luck.

tatsahdasaygo
15th April 2006, 17:40
Hi Rob and Elsa

Thanks for that info, I already have photocopies of my passport but didn&#39;t realise I needed to get it notarised, incidentally does the solicitors need to do the copy of my passport themselves or can I take the copies I already have?

This whole process is quite daunting, I worry that I may have forgotten something important but the file is getting steadily bigger. Also, does it help, would you think to &#39;get personal&#39; i.e. tell it from the heart in a statement or does immigration consider only the facts, do they work to a formula, maybe?

Most of the info I can find on various websites relates to Philippines and applying there so I&#39;m not too sure of my ground as regards Canada I suppose they may see things differently, for better or worse, hopefully the better style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif I thought once the decision had been made between us to apply things would get more relaxed but I think I&#39;m even more tense than before. Now I have to wait a few more days before sending off so I can &#39;get notarised&#39; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Oh well, take care both, be happy.

Paul

Pauldo
15th April 2006, 22:30
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tatsahdasay &#064; Apr 15 2006, 05&#58;40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Rob and Elsa

Thanks for that info, I already have photocopies of my passport but didn&#39;t realise I needed to get it notarised, incidentally does the solicitors need to do the copy of my passport themselves or can I take the copies I already have?

This whole process is quite daunting, I worry that I may have forgotten something important but the file is getting steadily bigger. Also, does it help, would you think to &#39;get personal&#39; i.e. tell it from the heart in a statement or does immigration consider only the facts, do they work to a formula, maybe?

Most of the info I can find on various websites relates to Philippines and applying there so I&#39;m not too sure of my ground as regards Canada I suppose they may see things differently, for better or worse, hopefully the better style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif I thought once the decision had been made between us to apply things would get more relaxed but I think I&#39;m even more tense than before. Now I have to wait a few more days before sending off so I can &#39;get notarised&#39; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Paul
[/b][/quote]
Our local solicitors notarised my wifes passport for free, despite the &#39;other&#39; receptionist telling her a few days earlier to go to some Notary Public down the road, who wanted £50 per page to do it&#33;&#33;&#33; Best to ask at your local or family solicitor about it, and explain what you want it for.

If your fiancee has a Canadian passport why doesn&#39;t she apply as a Canadian? or have I missed something somewhere?

andypaul
15th April 2006, 23:05
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tatsahdasay &#064; Apr 15 2006, 05&#58;40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi Rob and Elsa

Paul
[/b][/quote]

I would keep the application factualy and try to keep away from emotion. Although of course when talking about how you both met and how your love devloped of course emotion is hard to keep out of equation. I think it would look a bit odd also.

I think we all worried about missing out this or that piece of paperwork in our applications. For us we made a detailed contents for our application, so we could easily see what we needed to still complete.

With regards to a formula that the embassy use, i guess it boils basically down to evidence showing

1. Are you both in a real loving relationship and know one another?

2. Would you both have adequate accomdation to live in whilst in the UK?

3. Can you both live without public funds (well at least untill your girlfriend/wife has ilr)

How to show evidence of all three have been documented on this site previously.

But the most important piece of advice i can offer you is make sure to stop you worrying (Like i did) is to make up your list of evidence required, compare it with the info on this site and petes (one of the mods on heres own site).
Once the List is made and you start ticking off all the items you already have your be amazed how simple the task is. It just seems so daunting when you first start out, but if My Wife and I can manage it im sure you both can style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Also i would think that as your Girlfrriend has a western nation passport, the CEO assesing her visa application will see its not about getting a western nation passport. Which hopefully should help her application greatly.

tatsahdasaygo
16th April 2006, 10:12
Hi all,

Thanks for yer imput. &#39;The best laid plans&#39; plans all that stuff doesn&#39;t stop me worrying, I suppose it&#39;s in the blood style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

As for knowing one another, admittedly we met online, but we also spent 2 idyllic weeks in the Phils together, meeting the family etc and also spent 6 months together here in UK until last january. The way I feel makes it hard to avoid emotion style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif

Every time I think I have stuff organised I seem to remember something else in a &#39;should I send it or not&#39; kind of way. The reason I ask about formula is because we spent last Christmas in Spain together and my fiancée got a &#39;jobsworth&#39; on immigration coming back in to UK and I got pulled in for background info, maybe to see if it was kosher and we got a dumb lecture on all the basics. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm23.gif I would hate to find we had another guy like that in Visa apps.

Also, yes she will apply on a Canadian passport but that seems almost as difficult these days, if yer not Latvian all the problems are still there. Not like the good old days of Commonwealth. Why, when I was a boy …

I agree as to the reasons for coming to UK may be a little different (from an immigration point of view) but all the rest is the same plus we also have an extra language to tackle our &#39;misunderstandings&#39; in, namely French style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif and we still have to fulfill all the criteria as to marriage, support, sustainable relationship, etc. All I know is that my fiancée is worth everything I do, and I&#39;m sure you all feel the same. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Wave.gif

Regards, Paul.

symonh2000
24th April 2006, 21:36
What would happen if insted of getting the passport notarised you gave the original to the embassy to photocopy, or gave them the original to compare to the copy so they could check for themselves? It would save lots of hassle.