PDA

View Full Version : nso birth certs

jim2376
11th April 2006, 22:59
Hello, i'm a bit confused with the birth certificate situation. Are birth certificates "authenticated" ie. a copy of the original acceptable? My gf used an authenticated birth certificate to get her passport which they retained,,same situation as my daughter. You'd think if it's good enough for a passport it would be good enough for them ...They always ask for NSO paper ,i know i can use e-census though my babies record might not be there yet, hope someone can shine some light, cheers jim

mupsuit
12th April 2006, 07:31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim2376 &#064; Apr 11 2006, 10&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello, i&#39;m a bit confused with the birth certificate situation. Are birth certificates "authenticated" ie. a copy of the original acceptable? My gf used an authenticated birth certificate to get her passport which they retained,,same situation as my daughter. You&#39;d think if it&#39;s good enough for a passport it would be good enough for them ...They always ask for NSO paper ,i know i can use e-census though my babies record might not be there yet, hope someone can shine some light, cheers jim
[/b][/quote]

when you get certificates from NSO they seem to be photocopies on a special coloured paper - they have a rubber stamp and signature in confirmation

our nso marriage cert was a blue colour and a birth cert was a pale green colour - each was stamped and endorsed - i don&#39;t know if the colours are significant or dependant upon the paper used on the day

jim2376
17th April 2006, 15:33
Thanks for the reply mupsuit. I didn&#39;t fully explain the situation with my baby girl, it takes on average 6 months for a birth record to go from the city hall to the nso for registration,she was born in december 2005. Baby has a city hall birth cert with my details on it. This was obtained by a member of staff with an "nso friend", and she got this "authenticated" by the nso therefore it was acceptable for the passport which i have . Are there any circumstances where the embassy will accept a birt certificate not on nso security paper, but authenticated by nso, i&#39;ve applied to ecensus for her cert incase the "nso friend" did register her, the system out there is wonderful and straight forward isn&#39;t it?